ct38956

N-400 September 2023 Filers

469 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Kupitr said:

Same :( back to 7months from 6

mine went down by a month and it is still down by a month lol. Current processing time is 6 month. No other news so far.

I applied on september 13, bio reuse letter the same day but three weeks later, i got a letter stating that USCIS will be scheduling my bio appointment and i should be getting a bio appointment letter in the next mail. Upto this day, i haven't received any bio appointment letter. But online, i still have bio reuse letter in docuemnt section.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Interview passed this morning in Orlando with same day Oath! Interview was super simple, only lasted 10 minutes with a divorce waiver! 

18 minutes ago, acciokatie said:

Interview passed this morning in Orlando with same day Oath! Interview was super simple, only lasted 10 minutes with a divorce waiver! 

How did you get same day oath. 

thanks in advance

The status changed today to Interview Was Scheduled! Looks like it will be December 13th.

No updates on my I-751 though, should I expect any updates to show up on that case? I expect this to be a combo interview, but there's no indication of that anywhere.

@MunnoTheCat If I remember correctly, we are at the same FO, so I suppose they may schedule you any day now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
17 minutes ago, mark08 said:

should I expect any updates to show up on that case? I expect this to be a combo interview, but there's no indication of that anywhere.

I would certainly prepare for a combo interview.  I was notified only 2 days prior to wife's N-400 interview that I had to attend for a combo.  Of course, I had already planned and asked for a combo interview, so I was ready.  Good luck. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
On 10/5/2023 at 9:27 AM, RamonGomez said:

My wife filed mid-September and just got an interview notice in the mail this morning, looks like they sent out the notice 18 days after she submitted the N400. She filed the N400 online and she already has a 10-year green card so this will be only an N400 interview.

interview is 4.5 weeks from today. 

Wife finished the interview yesterday, interview was about 10 minutes long - basically by the time I parked and got coffee, she had already texted me that she was done. Passed on the spot, and a few minutes later got a paper to attend the oath next week. So about 8-9 weeks from submission to oath - not bad! 

To the people who have already had interview lately - did you specifically ask for a combo interview? How did you do that? Did you call USCIS? Or did you see any updates on the i-751 case before your interview?

Additionally, how did you ask for the same-day oath ceremony? Did you ask at the interview or call earlier to see if that's possible?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, mark08 said:

To the people who have already had interview lately - did you specifically ask for a combo interview? How did you do that? Did you call USCIS? Or did you see any updates on the i-751 case before your interview?

Additionally, how did you ask for the same-day oath ceremony? Did you ask at the interview or call earlier to see if that's possible?

I uploaded a request letter for combo interview in the additional evidence area of wife's USCIS N-400 document.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

I uploaded a request letter for combo interview in the additional evidence area of wife's USCIS N-400 document.  

Same. I don't know if it helped but I saw multiple cases here (mine included) that if you uploaded that letter then they schedule interview for both cases and status changes on both cases, too. Sometimes nothing changes for I-751 when they schedule your N-400 interview, so I think uploading this letter helps to speed things up, even in terms of having your I-751 relocate to your local office before the interview and not having to wait till they request it after passing it. 

Ok I just sent the letter (uploaded it to the evidence list). Hopefully they'll take a look at this before the actual interview.

I could also try messaging them through the online account ("send a message") to confirm, but not sure if that's necessary. I think at this point I'll just plan on coming to the interview with my wife and expect a combo interview anyway.

Thanks again!

Timeline
9 hours ago, mark08 said:

Actually nevermind, looks like I found the example letter here!

Yep.  That's the letter I created.....LOL.  Good luck.  I hope it works. 

Timeline
18 hours ago, mark08 said:

Can't answer about the I751 since my wife already had her 10-year card when she filed the N400.

Regarding the oath, it depends on the field office. Some don't do same-day oaths. Some give you the option of a same-day oath or waiting for the bigger ceremony (usually at the end of the interview). At other offices it seems like same day oath is SOP. Best thing would be to ask the officer about it once you pass the interview.

On 11/7/2023 at 6:38 PM, mark08 said:

The status changed today to Interview Was Scheduled! Looks like it will be December 13th.

No updates on my I-751 though, should I expect any updates to show up on that case? I expect this to be a combo interview, but there's no indication of that anywhere.

@MunnoTheCat If I remember correctly, we are at the same FO, so I suppose they may schedule you any day now.

and who knows we both go in together come out with flying colors lol. yes you are right Holtzville is where i am going to go but there is a pin drop silence on my case, no update as i am replying to you. Let me know what date it would be for your Interview. Congratulations on and good luck Mark.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.