biggiehuggie

A-number for child (Merged with N-400 Application Questions)

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hello. I am now only planning to apply for Naturalization after moving here in June 2017. My permanent residency was granted July 26, 2018. We went to the Philippines for a vacation from July 2-25, 2023. Before that, there were a couple of cruises we'd gone to, which included travel to Bahamas and Mexico. Am I eligible to apply for Naturalization after going out of the country three times? Thank you in advance.

Edited by Crazy Cat
K1 VISA

11/08/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

11/09/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per FedEx

11/10/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice

11/17/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

11/21/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....received email post decision activity

xx/xx/xx....NVC Received I-129F

xx/xx/xx....Case Number Received

xx/xx/xx....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready

xx/xx/xx....Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC

xx/xx/xx.....Medical

xx/xx/xx....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

xx/xx/xx....Visa in Hand =)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

It would seem as I assume you are applying based on the 5 year rule.  Three weeks in July 23, and a couple of other cruises.  Count up the days you were outside the US since becoming an LPR and if that number is less than 913 days you are fine from a physical presence standpoint.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

As long as you have been present for at least half the time (30 months, 913 days, see here https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-d-chapter-4#:~:text=Applicants for naturalization under INA,days) before filing the application.), which from what you say seems like you have been, you should be good to go. Keep in mind though that physical presence is not the only requirement. 

Best of luck! 

ROC: 

12/30/2019 package sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS 

12/31/2019 package arrived at Texas Lockbox 

01/02/2020 package signed for

01/04/2020 $680 charged on credit card

01/06/2020 text message and email with case number received

01/09/2020 extension letter received; notice date: 01/03/2020

02/22/2020 biometrics appointment letter received 

03/06/2020 biometrics appointment 

08/09/2021 I-751 approved

08/16/2021 Green Card received

Naturalization:

12/29/2020 application filed online and receipt number received 

01/04/2021 hard copy NOA1 received 

02/27/2021 electronic biometric reuse letter received

09/19/2021 interview scheduled - electronic notice received 

09/27/2021 hard copy interview notice received (issue date: 09/21/2021)

10/27/2021 interview (10.40am), approved

11/06/2021 oath ceremony (7.30am) 

I AM A U.S. CITIZEN!!!!! 

Passport:

11/08/2021 appointment at USPS (2.00pm)

11/16/2021 money order cashed, passport “in process” (locator 69)

12/02/2021 approved and shipped

12/04/2021 passport book delivered

12/13/2021 passport card and NC delivered 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

It would seem as I assume you are applying based on the 5 year rule.  Three weeks in July 23, and a couple of other cruises.  Count up the days you were outside the US since becoming an LPR and if that number is less than 913 days you are fine from a physical presence standpoint.

Good Luck!

Thank you! I appreciate you.

K1 VISA

xx/xx/xx.....Medical

xx/xx/xx....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

Timeline
45 minutes ago, CMJuilland said:

As long as you have been present for at least half the time (30 months, 913 days, see here https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-d-chapter-4#:~:text=Applicants for naturalization under INA,days) before filing the application.), which from what you say seems like you have been, you should be good to go. Keep in mind though that physical presence is not the only requirement. 

Best of luck! 

Thank you. I will bear that in mind. Have a good day!

K1 VISA

xx/xx/xx.....Medical

xx/xx/xx....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

Timeline

I would like to submit a cover letter detailing the documents I uploaded for my N-400 online application. Where do I find the service center that would handle my case? I live in Arkansas. I would like to put the USCIS service center address in the cover letter. Please advise. Thank you.

image.thumb.png.3415930567a8d6b2830af183867bdadc.png

K1 VISA

xx/xx/xx.....Medical

xx/xx/xx....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Don't make filing more difficult than it is.   I suggest filing online under the 5 year rule.  You won't need some of the stuff you listed.  Under the 5 year rule, you will not need ANY bona fide marriage proof....or even a cover letter.  The online application will tell you what to upload.  Bank account, Car insurance, and home insurance evidence is not needed.   

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

I would not upload unneeded documents. The following is all I had to upload for wife's N-400 application under the 5 year rule.  We had no RFEs, and wife naturalized in less than 6 months after submitting the online application.

5 years Tax transcripts
Proof of my 1st marriage Termination
Proof of Wife's 1st Marriage Termination
Copy of Wife's Green Card
Our Marriage Certificate

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• Crazy Cat changed the title to Cover letter for Naturalization Application (Merged)
Timeline

****Similar threads merged to place questions under one topic***

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Don't make filing more difficult than it is.   I suggest filing online under the 5 year rule.  You won't need some of the stuff you listed.  Under the 5 year rule, you will not need ANY bona fide marriage proof....or even a cover letter.  The online application will tell you what to upload.  Bank account, Car insurance, and home insurance evidence is not needed.   

I see. I would change then the eligibility criteria to the first one. I figured, I should choose the second one. Thank you for your advice.

image.png.fac5f4d870771fb7f558bf6526ca7c7f.png

K1 VISA

xx/xx/xx.....Medical

xx/xx/xx....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

Timeline

I would choose the first option- the 5 year rule.  Less documentation is required under the 5 year rule.  

Edited by Crazy Cat

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

I would choose the first option- the 5 year rule.  Less documentation is required under the 5 year rule.  

Thank you. I changed it to the first criteria. It no longer required me to upload specific documents such as insurance policies, mortgage, etc. I was asked to provide evidence of name change and the birth certificate of my son, instead. I am also still being asked to upload additional evidence towards the end of the form (unspecific) or I can bring them to my interview. Should I just skip the "additional evidence" part?

K1 VISA

xx/xx/xx.....Medical

xx/xx/xx....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

Timeline
4 minutes ago, biggiehuggie said:

Thank you. I changed it to the first criteria. It no longer required me to upload specific documents such as insurance policies, mortgage, etc. I was asked to provide evidence of name change and the birth certificate of my son, instead. I am also still being asked to upload additional evidence towards the end of the form (unspecific) or I can bring them to my interview. Should I just skip the "additional evidence" part?

I uploaded tax transcripts under the additional evidence section. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

I uploaded tax transcripts under the additional evidence section. 

I will do that. Thank you. I appreciate you.

K1 VISA

xx/xx/xx.....Medical

xx/xx/xx....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

Timeline

My son was born in the US. In the question that asks the A-number for my child, should I just leave it unanswered or do I tick the box that said " I do not have an A-number for my child"?

K1 VISA

xx/xx/xx.....Medical

xx/xx/xx....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.