RA_PH1

Proof of Relationship Embassy Interview

3 posts in this topic

Hi All, 

Our NOA2 was approved on 07/20/2023. We are preparing the documents for the interview checklist for the US Embassy in Manila. I have gone through the checklist on the site and have a question on the requirement to provide Proof of Relationship. I assume this is for proof of ongoing relationship, since proof of having been met within 2 years was already submitted as part of I-129F and approval of I-129F means this requirement is met. 

For Proof of Ongoing Relationship, will we need to provide similar evidence as what we submitted for the I-129F? Some photos of us together since the I-129F petition (I have visited my fiancé twice since NOA1) and a notarize Affidavit of Intent to Marry? Or will some photos suffice?

Thank You

7 hours ago, RA_PH1 said:

For Proof of Ongoing Relationship, will we need to provide similar evidence as what we submitted for the I-129F?

Yes

7 hours ago, RA_PH1 said:

a notarize Affidavit of Intent to Marry?

It doesn’t need to be notarized 

I would bring evidence of having met each other similar to what was submitted with I-129f as well as the letters of intent. That being said, Manila isn’t too demanding with presenting that evidence so you might not be asked for it. However, I’m always of the opinion that it’s better to bring documents and not be asked for them rather than not bring something and be asked for it.

Edited by powerpuff

3 hours ago, powerpuff said:

Yes

It doesn’t need to be notarized 

I would bring evidence of having met each other similar to what was submitted with I-129f as well as the letters of intent. That being said, Manila isn’t too demanding with presenting that evidence so you might not be asked for it. However, I’m always of the opinion that it’s better to bring documents and not be asked for them rather than not bring something and be asked for it.

Thank You! I agree it is better to be safe than sorry. Just wanted someone to help reaffirm this for me :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.