Mr.clever

7 Years Officially Married

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello guys , I need some help here about my story ,

in 2016 i entered the US with K1 visa , and stayed there for 1Month cause we had a problem together 

in 2017 she came to egypt and we got married cause the consular revoked my visa and refused to give another one to enter the states again 

we applied for a Spouse Visa and after we got the NVC letter to pay and complete the paperwork , i found out that i cant travel to USA cause i have school and Army urgent 

Now after 5 years could we complete the case again and is it possible to get the visa she didnt visit me within this period  ? and how my status will be? thanks in advance 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I am 99 percent certain no embassy will give you a spousal visa because you have not seen each other in 5 years.

Agree.  That can be a Mount Everest obstacle for spousal visas.  Have seen it mentioned several times on NOID letters.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mr.clever said:

So what should we do ?

Honestly, you seem to have a history which will receive a lot of scrutiny.  Residing together for a few years outside the US might help a lot. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

16 minutes ago, Mr.clever said:

So what should we do ?

First you and your wife should meet each other. 

Either in Egypt or in another country. 

See if you still like each other. 

You had some issues living together for 1 month in 2016/2017. So maybe stay together for 1-2 months.

Then meet some more times (if you still want to live together in the US).

The I-130 doesn't expire but I'm not sure about which stage you are at...

Did you pay NVC fees and submit paperwork or did you not proceed further after the I-130 was approved.

Edited by Redro

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Redro said:

First you and your wife should meet each other. 

Either in Egypt or in another country. 

See if you still like each other. 

You had some issues living together for 1 month in 2016/2017. So maybe stay together for 1-2 months.

Then meet some more times (if you still want to live together in the US).

The I-130 doesn't expire but I'm not sure about which stage you are at...

Did you pay NVC fees and submit paperwork or did you not proceed further after the I-130 was approved.

I'm at the stage to pay nvc fees and upload aos and paperwork 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Redro said:

Does your wife want you to move to the US so you can live together as a married couple? 

Yes. That's why we want to complete the process. I know 5 years is so long and it may be difficult to convince the consuler, but Nothing in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.