stephbd

N-400 August 2023 Filers

279 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, CuriousImmigrant_ said:

Anyone still waiting for the N-400 interview scheduling notice?. I have applied on August 8 and the status is yet still "Case is actively being reviewed"!

Also, I see many August filers have already done their interviews. 

Same here - applied in August, no interview notice or movement on applications so far... 

2 hours ago, CuriousImmigrant_ said:

Do you all know if the Montgomery office is slow in processing the N400 application? 

I believe you can check your field office times here: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ 

In general ~ obviously it's awesome and uplifting to see that some of our August filers got their interview and ceremony over with - but keep in mind that the average processing time for N400 are still 6m to 11m+ nationally (depending on your field office). Thus, in November,  just 3 months past application submission, if somebody didn't get interview notice - it is not something to worry about or get suspicious.  I would get upset somewhere around 6-8 months past submission date. 

Obviously jealous and "happy" (as much as it is possible :D)  for everybody who got this immigration journey over with, but let's hope we all get notices as a great Xmas gift from beloved USCIS)

NATURALIZATION (N400)

08/23/2023 - FedEX delivered application to Elgin Lockbox

08/25/2023 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (IOE / digital processing)

09/01/2023 - NOA letters in the mailbox (Receipt Notice, Account Acceptance Notice, Biometric Reuse)  

11/14/2023 - Online USCIS account showed 'Interview Scheduled' update and pdf letter available for download - interview scheduled to 12/19/2023

11/20/2023 - USPS delivered interview notice

12/19/2023 - scheduled N400 interview in Orlando FO

est. time until case decision: 9 months (as of September, 2023)

est. time until case decision: 8 months (as of October, 2023)

est. time until case decision: 6 months (as of November, 2023)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (I-751)

08/05/2022 - Mailed ROC Packet via USPS to Carol Stream, IL (Elgin Lockbox)

08/08/2022 - USPS delivered ROC Packet to P.O. BOX 

08/11/2022 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (YSC/ Potomac Service Center)

08/18/2022 - NOA in the mailbox ('24 months extension letter')

03/15/2023 - NOA in the mailbox ('48 months extension letter')

Ladies&Gentlemen....

I have an announcement ☺️ Was routinely checking my online USCIS account and apparently on November 14th - there was an update - interview scheduled for my N400 on December 19th in Orlando Field office! Right in time before Xmas, as I was wishing for...  ❤️ (I guess Santa exists and I was a good girl this year)

Now - the thing that I am a bit concerned - the interview notice only says N400 on it. Doesn't say anything about i751. Also my i751 in online USCIS account has no update. 

Should this be a concern? People who had 2 pending applications (N400+ i751) - what was on your interview notices?

I have personal 2 stories that add up to my nervousness:

1. My friends who were getting citizenship earlier in 2023 -> they applied June 22, they were allocated to West Palm Beach, FL field office at first. They did online filing, with cover letter for joint interview. They came to initial scheduled interview - and the guard didn't let them in, as they said interview is for N400 and they don't have i751 cleared and they won't do citizenship interview, since they can't approve that without processed i751. They tried to argue to their best ability, but didn't want to get too aggressive with USCIS employee, and at the end they legit had to turnaround, go home, call USCIS for days try to figure out what next. At the end they did not find out if the USCIS employee was just an ####### or there was a mixup or whatever - they got new interview notice 3 months later and all went fine.  Got ceremony right after interview. I talked about this with my lawyer - she said she never heard of this and that it's weird. 

It is a good friend of mine, I don't think her+her husband would make up this story. So I asked the lawyer to include cover letter for joint interview.

2. Upon accidental 'slip' from lawyer's assistant - I found out in October that the final package sent to USCIS - actually did not include cover letter. (I can do a separate rant about lawyer and a sh*tshow I got myself into by choosing to work with lawyer - I legit would have done a better job myself, but thats a separate long story... )

At the end - we had a conflict with lawyer and she 'showed' she send the cover letter requesting joint interview as an add -on to application in October.  I was shown a mail/envelope, not really 100% positive they sent it, as I lost trust to my lawyer and the only reason why I am not reporting her to disbarment is because I am afraid of retaliation (some confidential stuff was discussed, that could hurt my partner and I am not interested in years of court hearing - I hope karma will do its magic, it always does). 

NATURALIZATION (N400)

08/25/2023 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (IOE / digital processing)

09/01/2023 - NOA letters in the mailbox (Receipt Notice, Account Acceptance Notice, Biometric Reuse)  

11/14/2023 - Online USCIS account showed 'Interview Scheduled' update and pdf letter available for download - interview scheduled to 12/19/2023

08/11/2022 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (YSC/ Potomac Service Center)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Maria P. said:

Ladies&Gentlemen....

I have an announcement ☺️ Was routinely checking my online USCIS account and apparently on November 14th - there was an update - interview scheduled for my N400 on December 19th in Orlando Field office! Right in time before Xmas, as I was wishing for...  ❤️ (I guess Santa exists and I was a good girl this year)

Now - the thing that I am a bit concerned - the interview notice only says N400 on it. Doesn't say anything about i751. Also my i751 in online USCIS account has no update. 

Should this be a concern? People who had 2 pending applications (N400+ i751) - what was on your interview notices?

I have personal 2 stories that add up to my nervousness:

1. My friends who were getting citizenship earlier in 2023 -> they applied June 22, they were allocated to West Palm Beach, FL field office at first. They did online filing, with cover letter for joint interview. They came to initial scheduled interview - and the guard didn't let them in, as they said interview is for N400 and they don't have i751 cleared and they won't do citizenship interview, since they can't approve that without processed i751. They tried to argue to their best ability, but didn't want to get too aggressive with USCIS employee, and at the end they legit had to turnaround, go home, call USCIS for days try to figure out what next. At the end they did not find out if the USCIS employee was just an ####### or there was a mixup or whatever - they got new interview notice 3 months later and all went fine.  Got ceremony right after interview. I talked about this with my lawyer - she said she never heard of this and that it's weird. 

It is a good friend of mine, I don't think her+her husband would make up this story. So I asked the lawyer to include cover letter for joint interview.

2. Upon accidental 'slip' from lawyer's assistant - I found out in October that the final package sent to USCIS - actually did not include cover letter. (I can do a separate rant about lawyer and a sh*tshow I got myself into by choosing to work with lawyer - I legit would have done a better job myself, but thats a separate long story... )

At the end - we had a conflict with lawyer and she 'showed' she send the cover letter requesting joint interview as an add -on to application in October.  I was shown a mail/envelope, not really 100% positive they sent it, as I lost trust to my lawyer and the only reason why I am not reporting her to disbarment is because I am afraid of retaliation (some confidential stuff was discussed, that could hurt my partner and I am not interested in years of court hearing - I hope karma will do its magic, it always does). 

I would prepare for a combo interview.  I was notified only 2 days prior to Wife's N-400 interview that I would have to be there.  We had already requested and were prepared for a combo.  Good luck.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

This is the exact email wife received 2 days prior to her N-400 interview:

"

USCIS Applicant,

This email is in reference to your upcoming interview at the Dallas Field Office, it is for an I751(Petition to Remove Conditions) and N400 (Application for Naturalization) combination. It is imperative that your spouse accompany you to this interview, also that you bring proof of a marital union. Please refer to https://www.uscis.gov/i-751 for examples.

We look forward to meeting each you both at your interview in the near future."  "

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

I would prepare for a combo interview.  I was notified only 2 days prior to Wife's N-400 interview that I would have to be there.  We had already requested and were prepared for a combo.  Good luck.  

Yeah, no question about it - we going together and for sure will prepare for combo - > we as a couple did not have initial interview for Adjustment of Status (we had scheduled interview at first, then got cancelled because of covid and eventually got approved without interview), so I am positive 100% they will want to investigate our marriage before giving citizenship. 

But do you remember what was on your notice? Do I get it right - they sent an extra notice for you 2 days prior?

NATURALIZATION (N400)

Timeline
1 minute ago, Maria P. said:

But do you remember what was on your notice? Do I get it right - they sent an extra notice for you 2 days prior?

Just the email above.  No other notice to indicate a combo.  Wife's N-400 interview notice didn't mention the I-751 or me.

Thank you for sharing the details ❤️ really appreciate it 

NATURALIZATION (N400)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Mini update:  my estimated time until case decision dropped from 7 months to 4 months.  I was sitting at 7 months for about 2 weeks before this change. 

7 minutes ago, jmrincon said:

Mini update:  my estimated time until case decision dropped from 7 months to 4 months.  I was sitting at 7 months for about 2 weeks before this change. 

Exact thing just happened to me 😅 here’s to an “interview scheduled” update soon 🤞🏽🙏🏾

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

1 hour ago, jmrincon said:

Mine too yesterday from 7 to 4 hope this mean something 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi all.

I have been a silent reader for a while now but was wondering to share my timeline as I applied for N-400 on 08/15/2023 with pending I751(applied in August 2022, 3 yr. rule). So far, the only update until today is case received and bio reuse on my N-400. Also, "Case Received" on my I751 until today 11/16/2023. Below is my timeline.

I130, AOS and I756 Applied: August 08th, 2020.

Interview: October 7th, 2020

Case approved for I130, I485 and I756: November 1st, 2020.

Green Card and Employment Card Received:  November 4th, 2020.

I751 Applied: August 15th, 2022.

NOA 48 months Ext received: September 25th, 2022.

Case Received Update only until today. 

N-400 applied online: August 15th, 2023.

Receipt and Bio Reused Under doc Tab: August 15th, 2023.

NOA and Bio reused letter received in the mail. August 30th, 2023.

No updates yet!!!!

3 hours ago, naturelover0305 said:

Hi all.

I have been a silent reader for a while now but was wondering to share my timeline as I applied for N-400 on 08/15/2023 with pending I751(applied in August 2022, 3 yr. rule). So far, the only update until today is case received and bio reuse on my N-400. Also, "Case Received" on my I751 until today 11/16/2023. Below is my timeline.

I130, AOS and I756 Applied: August 08th, 2020.

Interview: October 7th, 2020

Case approved for I130, I485 and I756: November 1st, 2020.

Green Card and Employment Card Received:  November 4th, 2020.

I751 Applied: August 15th, 2022.

NOA 48 months Ext received: September 25th, 2022.

Case Received Update only until today. 

N-400 applied online: August 15th, 2023.

Receipt and Bio Reused Under doc Tab: August 15th, 2023.

NOA and Bio reused letter received in the mail. August 30th, 2023.

No updates yet!!!!

Thank you for sharing, our timeline is similar, three year rule ,n400 agust 13 and same bio reused ,but estimated completion time dropped from 7 to 4 month yesterday 

On 8/7/2023 at 9:03 AM, stephbd said:

Hi all!

Creating this thread as I don't see one for August filers (if there is one already, please disregard/merge if possible).

Filed my N400 application online earlier this morning and already received the receipt notice and confirmation of biometrics being reused. Checked back in one hour later and the status says "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS".

I currently have a pending I-751 (August 2022 filer) and hoping the N400 will move the case along or lead to a combo interview.

Best of luck to all of us! 🙌🏽

I have a question, i am currently filing the n-400 form. There is a employment history section… do we need to just add the emplment dates or we have to add those dates when we were not working?? 
q2. Do we need to report on the form if we have collected part time unemployment benefits??

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Today's update last night my N-400 processing time dropped from 7months to 4 months and today morning it is disappeared from my account. Probably will come back by evening. Also, my FO is Kansas City. Anyone with same FO? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, naturelover0305 said:

Today's update last night my N-400 processing time dropped from 7months to 4 months and today morning it is disappeared from my account. Probably will come back by evening. Also, my FO is Kansas City. Anyone with same FO? 

My case is completely gone from my dashboard. I think they’re updating their system.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.