TBoneTX

[Master Thread] Federal & State Charges Against Pres. Trump

1,029 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Hmm, I thought she is considered a stellar/superstar prosecutor.

Letitia James' 'trophy pledge' against Trump an 'embarrassment' to the NYS bar: Legal expert

New York State Attorney General Letitia James' campaign pledge to sue former President Donald Trump and reportedly be a "real pain in the a--" to him should be considered an embarrassment, said George Washington University Law Professor Jonathan Turley.

Turley told "Hannity" on Wednesday that he previously criticized James while she was running for office in 2018 after she made such boasts and pledges about litigiously pursuing Trump.

Turley said he previously wrote about his reservations that there were "serious ethical problems with a prosecutor really trying to secure office on the pledge to nail one person."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/letitia-james-trophy-pledge-trump-embarrassment-new-york-bar-legal-expert

Day 4 of Fraud trial ..testimony on numbers used for comps 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/live-blog/rcna118882

The point the AG is driving at is that a 14,500 square-foot apartment overlooking the river was asking for $75 million and roughly $5,000 per square foot whereas the triplex — which James and Engoron have said is actually closer to 10,000 square feet — was assessed to be worth $180 million, and that could not have been compliant with standard accounting principles at any point. Why? Because no willing buyer would have paid anywhere close to $180 million in 2012 for the Trump Tower triplex.

Espionage Act charges in the Classified Documents case …warranted .  ..

Trump allegedly discussed US nuclear subs with foreign national after leaving White House: Sources

Months after leaving the White House, former President Donald Trumpallegedly discussed potentially sensitive information about U.S. nuclear submarines with a member of his Mar-a-Lago Club -- an Australian billionaire who then allegedly shared the information with scores of others, including more than a dozen foreign officials, several of his own employees, and a handful of journalists, according to sources familiar with the matter.

In those interviews, Pratt described how -- looking to make conversation with Trump during a meeting at Mar-a-Lago in April 2021 -- he brought up the American submarine fleet, which the two had discussed before, the sources told ABC News.

According to Pratt's account, as described by the sources, Pratt told Trump he believed Australia should start buying its submarines from the United States, to which an excited Trump -- "leaning" toward Pratt as if to be discreet -- then told Pratt two pieces of information about U.S. submarines: the supposed exact number of nuclear warheads they routinely carry, and exactly how close they supposedly can get to a Russian submarine without being detected.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/after-white-house-trump-allegedly-discussed-potentially-sensitive/story?id=103760456

Meet Australia's 'Cardboard King' Trump Is Accused Of Spilling US Nuke Secrets To

Australian billionaire Anthony Pratt has been hurled into the spotlight after US press reports alleged that former President Donald Trump spilled secrets about US nuclear subs to the businessman

Where does he stand politically?

Pratt's been known to lend support to both sides of politics, both in Australia and the US.

What was he doing at Mar-a-Lago?

Pratt became a member of Mar-a-Lago in 2017. He splits his time between Melbourne and New York, where he's lived for many years.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/meet-australias-cardboard-king-trump-is-accused-of-spilling-us-nuke-secrets-to-4454721/amp/1

Day 5 in fraud trial testimonial;

• In a dramatic finale, McConney admitted that ex-Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg asked for his help in committing tax fraud. He said he kept engaging in this illegal conduct because Weisselberg was his boss and if he refused, he would probably have lost his job. 
  • Judge Arthur Engoron later in the day turned down an effort from Trump's lawyers to suspend the trial.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/live-blog/trump-fraud-trial-live-updates-rcna119144

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

New Leak About Trump Spilling Submarine Secrets Has the Special Counsel's Fingerprints All Over It

[...] The information obviously came out of Jack Smith's office.  Given how his investigation has been run, one must assume the leak was authorized.  There is no evidence, which Pratt admits, that what Trump said was classified or even true.  All the evidence indicates that Pratt didn't think so because he told a lot of people about the conversation.  If he'd thought the information was classified, he probably would've kept it to himself.  [...]

https://redstate.com/streiff/2023/10/06/new-leak-about-trump-spilling-submarine-secrets-has-the-special-counsels-fingerprints-all-over-it-n2164744

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Ex-Trump Org CFO Knew Size Of Trump’s Penthouse Was Inflated, He Testifies

Former Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg admitted in court Tuesday he was aware the size of former President Donald Trump’s Manhattan penthouse was smaller than the company reported—but claimed not to notice it was listed wrong on financial statements—as Trump, his company and business associates stand trial for alleged civi

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2023/10/10/ex-trump-org-cfo-knew-size-of-trumps-penthouse-was-inflated-he-testifies/amp/

Banker wicked humor … 😂

Banker says Trump’s financial statements were key to loan approvals, but there were ‘sanity checks

Trump’s “statements of financial condition” were key to his approval for a $125 million loan in 2011 for his golf resort in Doral, Florida, and a $107 million loan in 2012 for his Chicago hotel and condo skyscraper, former Deutsche Bank risk management officer Nicholas Haigh testified.

But although the bank didn’t conduct its own full appraisals of Trump’s properties, it sometimes gave sizable “haircuts” to the values he’d placed on such holdings as Trump Tower and his golf courses, Haigh said.

I think the phrase we used might have been ‘sanity checks’ on the numbers,” he

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-letitia-james-fraud-new-york-364d1052f98816121000c26dc66f3878

Judge in Trump documents case weighs whether defense lawyers are too close to witnesses

Lawyers for Trump co-defendants Walt Nauta and Carlos De Oliveira also represented witnesses expected to be called at trial, which prosecutors warned could be a conflict of interest.

U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon will consider arguments related to witnesses expected to testify about the co-defendants moving boxes and trying to delete surveillance video at Mar-a-Lago. The testimony is part of the evidence against Trump and his co-defendants for allegedly retaining and hiding national security records after he left the White House.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/10/12/donald-trump-classified-documents-defense-lawyers/70974834007/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 10/11/2023 at 11:12 PM, Family said:

Banker wicked humor … 😂

Banker says Trump’s financial statements were key to loan approvals, but there were ‘sanity checks

Trump’s “statements of financial condition” were key to his approval for a $125 million loan in 2011 for his golf resort in Doral, Florida, and a $107 million loan in 2012 for his Chicago hotel and condo skyscraper, former Deutsche Bank risk management officer Nicholas Haigh testified.

But although the bank didn’t conduct its own full appraisals of Trump’s properties, it sometimes gave sizable “haircuts” to the values he’d placed on such holdings as Trump Tower and his golf courses, Haigh said.

I think the phrase we used might have been ‘sanity checks’ on the numbers,” he

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-letitia-james-fraud-new-york-364d1052f98816121000c26dc66f3878

So a bank did not do a full appraisal.  Seems like they are a poor bank.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Denver judge SLAPPs down Trump motion to dismiss ballot challenge

Polls put former President Donald Trump as a front-run

DENVER (CN) — A Denver judge on Wednesday slapped down former President Donald Trump’s anti-SLAPP motion to dismiss a lawsuit filed by votersseeking to bar his name from appearing on the Republican primary ballot in March.

Putting politics aside, Second Judicial District Judge Sarah Wallace wrote in her 22-page opinion that it is in the public’s best interest to “ensure that only constitutionally qualified candidates can seek to hold the highest office in the country."

https://www.courthousenews.com/denver-judge-slapps-down-trumps-motion-to-dismiss-ballot-challenge/please 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Family said:

Denver judge SLAPPs down Trump motion to dismiss ballot challenge

Polls put former President Donald Trump as a front-run

DENVER (CN) — A Denver judge on Wednesday slapped down former President Donald Trump’s anti-SLAPP motion to dismiss a lawsuit filed by votersseeking to bar his name from appearing on the Republican primary ballot in March.

Putting politics aside, Second Judicial District Judge Sarah Wallace wrote in her 22-page opinion that it is in the public’s best interest to “ensure that only constitutionally qualified candidates can seek to hold the highest office in the country."

https://www.courthousenews.com/denver-judge-slapps-down-trumps-motion-to-dismiss-ballot-challenge/please 

Hmm, this judge seems fairly dense.

The U.S. Constitution states that the president must:

•  
    Be a natural-born citizen of the United States
  •  
    Be at least 35 years old
  •  
    Have been a resident of the United States for 14 years

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Takeaways from the testy hearing over the Trump gag order and what it means

“In what kind of case do you think it would be appropriate for a criminal defendant to call the prosecutor a thug and stay on the streets?”

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/10/16/politics/gag-order-trump-chutkan-takeaways/index.html