JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

263 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Wenn_e16 said:

@SP1988

Have you filled out the Ds160?

What I did while waiting for my case to be ready which was a span of about 3-4 days I filled that out and saved it. I didn’t submit it until my case was ready. 

after It said Ready I submitted the application and saved the confirmation page (very important!!! You’ll need to bring that to your interview.) 

I then created an account through here 

https://portal.ustraveldocs.com

once you complete your profile and submit your confirmation number to the ds160 you can pay your visa fee through there. 

if your embassy doesn’t require anything else after that and have availability you can schedule your Interview. 

my embassy has a few different steps after the payment 

I have to wait for them to approve and give me access to their calendar and afterwards wait for available appts 

I have to schedule 2 appointments 1 for biometrics and the other is the actual interview. Oh and ofcourse medical. 

hope this helps! 
just be patient you case should be ships between tomorrow and Wednesday! 
they’re shipping out cases this week

Is that the only site to pay fees for?

@SP1988

yes in this website you will pay your visa fee and also choose your appointment date 

when signing up make sure you choose your correct embassy and country I made the mistake and had to call them to correct it. 

also the account must be created under the beneficiary information 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mello3 said:

my case is at NVC but we have no case number yer. our NOA2 date is Aug 22

Thats weird, my case is Philippines too and my NOA2 was after yours, yet our case number was created 9/14.   But still waiting for it to go to transit.   The next Interview data at Manila is now 12/5 

Edited by W199

Timeline
1 hour ago, Wenn_e16 said:

@SP1988

yes in this website you will pay your visa fee and also choose your appointment date 

when signing up make sure you choose your correct embassy and country I made the mistake and had to call them to correct it. 

also the account must be created under the beneficiary information 

How many fees and which fees are they and what was the total?

12 hours ago, W199 said:

Thats weird, my case is Philippines too and my NOA2 was after yours, yet our case number was created 9/14.   But still waiting for it to go to transit.   The next Interview data at Manila is now 12/5 

We just got our case number this morning...its just so crazy how things are processed our of order but as long as we all get to the finish line I think that is all that matters. 

Cheers

13 hours ago, W199 said:

oh....also mine is showing in transit already...maybe i already had a case number and they didnt let me know.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mello3 said:

oh....also mine is showing in transit already...maybe i already had a case number and they didnt let me know.

Mine is in transit today too. For sure, you had a case number more than a week ago.  If you want to know exactly when, you can figure out the exact date your case was created by subtracting 500 off the 3 digit number that follows 2023 in your case number. That is the Julian date of your NVC case creation date.  Google "julian date" to translate that number to a month and day. Its probaly around 9/13

Timeline
5 hours ago, Wenn_e16 said:

@SP1988 it was for the k1 visa itself total was $265 

So mine just showed in transit today so what should i expect now? Do DS-160 and wait to be contacted or am i supposed to contact embassy? How do you even schedule medical appoijtment for interview?

@SP1988 wait till it says ready once it says ready in ceac case tracker you can create your account via portal ustraveldocs

amd there you can make the payment to your visa 

you can also schedule your consular interview via that account 

now for the medical I’m not sure how they operate in Colombia. I know in Dominican Republic you don’t need an appointment you can just show up to an embassy approved medical facility and they’ll help you that same day. 
I added a picture of the account so you can see what the page looks like 

IMG_4214.jpeg

Timeline
2 hours ago, Wenn_e16 said:

@SP1988 wait till it says ready once it says ready in ceac case tracker you can create your account via portal ustraveldocs

amd there you can make the payment to your visa 

you can also schedule your consular interview via that account 

now for the medical I’m not sure how they operate in Colombia. I know in Dominican Republic you don’t need an appointment you can just show up to an embassy approved medical facility and they’ll help you that same day. 
I added a picture of the account so you can see what the page looks like 

IMG_4214.jpeg

So my embassy website takes me to another portal type sign up page to create account and pay visa. Does it matter cause it looks different than yours but similar.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 9/24/2023 at 9:11 PM, Elays said:

have you gotten your case number?

I sent a second request on Sunday, but I'm not sure if there will be a response to it, because yesterday they unexpectedly sent K1-FTP to my fiance. We're going to Poland! (Belarusians are sent to Poland) yay

noa2 August 28 (August 26 in hard copy)
September 26 k1-ftp

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.