JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

263 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, K1Sam said:

Thank you, hopefully you'll get yours soon as well!

Maybe this is a stupid question but...for example if the NVC replies me back (after 1 inquiry) with my case number...is there a way to know when they did received my case?🤔

I suppose they receive cases and process them days later, Im just curious lol😅 I know the important is the Case number🥰

We can know the day they created our Case number but I wonder if there is a way to know the day NVC received the case🤔

3 minutes ago, Elays said:

Maybe this is a stupid question but...for example if the NVC replies me back (after 1 inquiry) with my case number...is there a way to know when they did received my case?🤔

I suppose they receive cases and process them days later, Im just curious lol😅 I know the important is the Case number🥰

We can know the day they created our Case number but I wonder if there is a way to know the day NVC received the case🤔

I'm not sure but I'm going to say no, there's no way to tell when NVC actually receives your petition.

One thing I can tell you is you don't have to wait too long, submit an inquiry. I wouldn't have our case number if I hadn't submitted an inquiry!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, K1Sam said:

I'm not sure but I'm going to say no, there's no way to tell when NVC actually receives your petition.

One thing I can tell you is you don't have to wait too long, submit an inquiry. I wouldn't have our case number if I hadn't submitted an inquiry!

Thanks! so we can only know when NVC created our case number

Yes! I will submit my first inquiry next monday🥰 so hopefully they will reply me by the end of the week with good news!🤞

Hi all,

I am new to this thread. I would like to share my timeline with you all.

NOA1: July 8,2022

NOA2: August 21, 2023

NVC received my case: September 13,2023 (I found out by sending them the inquiry)

Received my case number: September 20, 2023 (Again, I sent them inquiry and they responded with my case number)

How long do I have to wait until my case arrives at the embassy?

Thank you in advance. 

19 minutes ago, K1_K1 said:

Hi all,

I am new to this thread. I would like to share my timeline with you all.

NOA1: July 8,2022

NOA2: August 21, 2023

NVC received my case: September 13,2023 (I found out by sending them the inquiry)

Received my case number: September 20, 2023 (Again, I sent them inquiry and they responded with my case number)

How long do I have to wait until my case arrives at the embassy?

Thank you in advance. 

AFAIK NVC ships to embassies/consulates every other Tuesday, I believe next Tuesday (9/26) they will ship to embassies.

The rest depends on the country I would assume, perhaps a week or two at the most.

13 minutes ago, K1Sam said:

AFAIK NVC ships to embassies/consulates every other Tuesday, I believe next Tuesday (9/26) they will ship to embassies.

The rest depends on the country I would assume, perhaps a week or two at the most.

Thank you for the info. Do you know if we should start submitting the DS160 now or we can wait until our case arrives at the embassy? and I assume the beneficiary should file the form, not the petitioner?  

14 minutes ago, K1_K1 said:

Thank you for the info. Do you know if we should start submitting the DS160 now or we can wait until our case arrives at the embassy? and I assume the beneficiary should file the form, not the petitioner?  

you can prepare DS160 when you fill online you would get a reference number; with  this ref no your beneficiary would have to print sign and submit.

17 minutes ago, K1_K1 said:

I would say submit your DS160 when you get the ready status. Just my personal recommendation. Perhaps others can chime in!

13 minutes ago, MD2023 said:

Do we need I134 for each beneficiary?

Thanks,

Yes, a separate I-134 for each beneficiary and also a separate visa fee for each. I assume by each beneficiary you mean the fiance and each of his/her children!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Elays said:

Thanks! so we can only know when NVC created our case number

Yes! I will submit my first inquiry next monday🥰 so hopefully they will reply me by the end of the week with good news!🤞

From everything I have read here lately, I would go ahead and send an inquiry now. It’s been over 3 weeks for you guys, and NVC seems to be speeding things up lately. Just my opinion. 

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Hi everyone! Hope yall doing great!

I submitted an inquiry to NVCInquiry@state.gov on Sep 5, and received no response yet (been about two weeks now).

I submitted an inquiry through their website on Sep 18 (two days ago), nothing yet. 

I also submitted an inquiry to NVCResearch, they responded the next day with the following:

"

To Whom it Concerns:

The National Visa Center (NVC) has received your petition and will send detailed instructions to the petitioner, principal applicant, and attorney of record (if applicable) soon.

To make sure your private information stays protected, send future inquiries and attachments using the Public Inquiry form only. You can find it at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry.

You must provide privacy information to receive case specific information.  Please limit your inquiry to one case per submission.

"

Are inquiries taking this long to get a response ?

How long is it taking the NVC to process cases and assign numbers now ?

Thank you son much!!

Timeline
10 hours ago, madmanmike said:

From everything I have read here lately, I would go ahead and send an inquiry now. It’s been over 3 weeks for you guys, and NVC seems to be speeding things up lately. Just my opinion. 

I was thinking about this yesterday but we prefer to wait just a few days more...just incase😄

I will inquiry next Monday so hopefully NVC will email me back by the end of the week

6 hours ago, AHtothemoon said:

Hi everyone! Hope yall doing great!

I submitted an inquiry to NVCInquiry@state.gov on Sep 5, and received no response yet (been about two weeks now).

I submitted an inquiry through their website on Sep 18 (two days ago), nothing yet. 

I also submitted an inquiry to NVCResearch, they responded the next day with the following:

"

To Whom it Concerns:

The National Visa Center (NVC) has received your petition and will send detailed instructions to the petitioner, principal applicant, and attorney of record (if applicable) soon.

To make sure your private information stays protected, send future inquiries and attachments using the Public Inquiry form only. You can find it at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry.

You must provide privacy information to receive case specific information.  Please limit your inquiry to one case per submission.

"

Are inquiries taking this long to get a response ?

How long is it taking the NVC to process cases and assign numbers now ?

Thank you son much!!

I sent an inquiry using the public inquiry form (not via email) on the 17th and got an answer on the 19th. Only 2 days later they answered. I guess I got lucky because I've heard others waiting weeks sometimes.

I never tried NVCInquiry and NVCResearch, I guess those would've been next on the list but didn't need them! I feel the country your beneficiary is in has to do with how fast they process your case even though NVC is supposed to just process and forward them for K1 visas! Is the embassy in Beirut backlogged?

4 hours ago, K1Sam said:

I sent an inquiry using the public inquiry form (not via email) on the 17th and got an answer on the 19th. Only 2 days later they answered. I guess I got lucky because I've heard others waiting weeks sometimes.

I never tried NVCInquiry and NVCResearch, I guess those would've been next on the list but didn't need them! I feel the country your beneficiary is in has to do with how fast they process your case even though NVC is supposed to just process and forward them for K1 visas! Is the embassy in Beirut backlogged?

Submission through the Inquiry form they will give correct case no I guess. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.