KeilaSanchez

I864 form questions when petitioning for hubby +3 step kids using a joint sponsor

10 posts in this topic

Good afternoon,

Please help me clarify:

I have 4 I130 approvals that went to NVC separately with separate receipt and invoice numbers (husband + 3 step kids). I am assuming NVC knows the cases are connected because when I paid the affidavit fee in the main applicant account (hubby's) it won't allow me to pay again in the other three NVC cases. My question is ? Do I upload 4 separates I864 forms under each case? or how does it work?

in the form it looks like my step children are not derivatives so they need their own and I cannot list them as a accompany family members. 

i am trying to avoid a RFE and get  document qualified right away. Please help me.

Keila 

*** Moved from IR1/CR1 Progress Reports to IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures ***

17 hours ago, KeilaSanchez said:

Do I upload 4 separates I864 forms under each case?

Need 4 separate I-864 forms, but upload just 1 under each case.  As you know, your stepkids are not derivatives, so each kid needs an I-864 listing them as the principal immigrant.  Note that your husband is not the only principal applicant.  All of them are considered principal applicants.

Ok, This is what I was assuming. I didn't list them as derivatives. It makes sense that each of them need one form as one individual applicant. 

Thank you for your help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just echoing that you do need four separate I-864s! They end up being similar because it's a lot of your information, but do pay attention to Part 5 (the calculation of your household). Your household size should be the same on all four forms, but the way you calculate it will be different on your husband's vs. your stepkids'.

I'm in the same boat as you - petitioning my husband and three stepkids - and my advice is make sure that for each of their cases on CEAC, you upload the same financial documents! Even though we as the petitioners see them as "one case," NVC does not while they are reviewing. I forgot to upload one document to my third stepkid's case on CEAC, and the rest got DQ'd, and hers didn't. I had to resubmit and wait for hers to be DQ'd a month later. When their interviews were scheduled, the three who were originally DQ'd first got assigned interviews, and the third stepkid did not. She got approved an expedite, and then was scheduled an interview 2 weeks before the others 🤦🏻‍♀️. So now I'm having to hassle the consulate to move her interview to the same day.

All that to say, double and triple check each case before submitting!

PS. Happy to see someone else in my situation on here. I haven't come across many people with four cases going on at the same time!

3/11/22 - Married

USCIS 

6/2/22 - Submitted I-130 online (4 petitions - CR1, CR2 x 3)

6/2/22 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center) 

6/13/22 - Sent K-3 Packet

6/22/22 - K-3 Receipt Notice

11/12/22 - Approved (NOA2 - Texas Service Center)

NVC

11/19/22 - Welcome Email

11/21/22 - Paid AOS & IV Fees

4/13/23 - Submitted DS-261 & Civil Documents

4/26/23 - Documentarily Qualified (CR1, CR2 x 2)

5/26/23 - Documentarily Qualified  (CR2)

7/13/23 - Interviews Scheduled (CR1, CR2 x 2); Expedite sent to NVC for 4th applicant

7/20/23 - Interview Scheduled (CR2)

Consulate

9/15/23 & 9/18/23 - Interviews at CDJ (Mexico)

9/18/23 - Approved! (CR1, CR2); Administrative Processing (CR2 x 2)

9/23/23 - Entry into U.S.! (CR1, by land at Hidalgo International Bridge)

10/5/23 - Administrative Processing appointment at CDJ (CR2 x 2)

11/13/23 - CR2 approved!

11/15/23 - CR2 approved!

11/22/23 - Entry into U.S.! (CR, by land at Hidalgo International Bridge)

11/23/23 - Entry into U.S.! (CR2 x 2, by land at Hidalgo International Bridge)

I think  the same will happen to us unless the third child  catches up. She is behind.  Even through she was approved the same day I still don't have her nvc welcome letter. So I've been working to get the hubby and the first two kiddos dq for now.

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 7/27/2023 at 7:37 PM, KeilaSanchez said:

Good afternoon,

Please help me clarify:

I have 4 I130 approvals that went to NVC separately with separate receipt and invoice numbers (husband + 3 step kids). I am assuming NVC knows the cases are connected because when I paid the affidavit fee in the main applicant account (hubby's) it won't allow me to pay again in the other three NVC cases. My question is ? Do I upload 4 separates I864 forms under each case? or how does it work?

in the form it looks like my step children are not derivatives so they need their own and I cannot list them as a accompany family members. 

i am trying to avoid a RFE and get  document qualified right away. Please help me.

Keila 

Hi Kella, I can see F2A in your timeline.

Please are you a citizen or LPR?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
On 7/28/2023 at 9:46 PM, KeilaSanchez said:

Ok, This is what I was assuming. I didn't list them as derivatives. It makes sense that each of them need one form as one individual applicant. 

Thank you for your help.

They need 4 from you and 4 from the joint sponsor.  It's not just 4 originals.  Each form will be different, with certain sections edited differently than the first.  I suggest completing, reviewing and saving your spouse's first, then edit the next three as applicable.  Hint.  You'll not enter 1 for your husband on his affidavit, but you will on the other three.  You will show 3 children on your husband's but only two on the other three.  If properly completed, the household size will populate correctly, automatically.  Have fun.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I am already document qualified with nvc. Yes I had to do one for each. Most information  the same except the ones related  to the applicat.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.