Jason and May

Pretty Normal For CEAC Site To Not Load/Work?

12 posts in this topic

We received the email today notifying us of the NVC case creation. I've been trying off and on over the course of the day to check the case status and see if we can set up the CEAC account and pay the bills. I continually get an error notice stating the server dropped the connection. In checking the VJ forums, it looks like this is a pretty routine issue, or at least CEAC being down/not working properly has been an ongoing and routine issue? 

I've attached a screenshot of the error message. (I get the same message via Safari and Chrome.) I'm using the URL https://ceac.state.gov/iv

Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 8.38.46 PM.png

CEAC can exemplify just about every type of website bug known to mankind.   It is almost like some deranged parody of a failed defective web site.  But ordinarily it actively fails simple tasks and screws things up in real time.  The current "off line totally", with no explanation, warning or even the most basic "check back later" page seems like a yet a new escalation of failure.  They may have reached the next level.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

51 minutes ago, top_secret said:

CEAC can exemplify just about every type of website bug known to mankind.   It is almost like some deranged parody of a failed defective web site.  But ordinarily it actively fails simple tasks and screws things up in real time.  The current "off line totally", with no explanation, warning or even the most basic "check back later" page seems like a yet a new escalation of failure.  They may have reached the next level.

It was kind of weird. Later tonight, now, when I went to the site, I got a message about maintenance, but then it let me log in and pay the fees. Weird. 😕 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When I clicked the link, there was a notification:  CEAC will be down for server maintenance from Saturday, July 15 xxx hr to Satuday, July 15, xxx hr.   

I didn't notice the times and when I continued I could not return to that notification page.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Seems that in last 2 months site has been down a lot 

i am sure its for protection as USCIS had to check the  "false hacker claim"

but the CEAC site is known for updating and maintanence on weekends and especially holidays

A well known hacker claimed to have breached the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), but the US agency now says those claims are false.

https://cybernews.com/security/hacker-breach-us-immigration-services/

7 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

When I clicked the link, there was a notification:  CEAC will be down for server maintenance from Saturday, July 15 xxx hr to Satuday, July 15, xxx hr.   

I didn't notice the times and when I continued I could not return to that notification page.

Late last night that page popped up for me, too. It allowed me to continue and do what I needed to do, though. Which was nice. 

13 hours ago, Evan757 said:

Is anyone having difficulty uploading documents to CEAC? I keep trying and it hasn't let me over the past day.

I just uploaded my AoS documents to CEAC with no issues. Fortunately. 

Has it worked for you yet? 

I recently learned the super awesome--like really incredible--thing about CEAC is when you and your spouse are doing her DS260, getting her to recall every address she's lived at since 16 years old and all her social media account information, CEAC will just drop the connection and disconnect you. 

It's so amazing redoing it over and over. I can't believe we've missed out on this joy ride all these years. 

🙄🤣

3 hours ago, Jason and May said:

I just uploaded my AoS documents to CEAC with no issues. Fortunately. 

Has it worked for you yet? 

No and I'm not sure why. I guess I need to contact the Embassy (we have to upload additional documents)

9 hours ago, Evan757 said:

No and I'm not sure why. I guess I need to contact the Embassy (we have to upload additional documents)

Man, I’m sorry. That is really frustrating. From what I’ve read, not many folks have been like, “I had an awesome experience with CEAC! It’s an amazing system.”

Which is crazy, because for a few hundred bucks, we can virtually walk on the moon and fight aliens, but the State Department cannot roll out user-friendly software or maintain servers. Although, immigration is the redheaded stepchild who gets the PS2 while their rockstar brother gets a PS5 at release along with everything else he asks for.

😑☺️🤙🏾

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.