KseniyaG

DS 260 Social Media Question

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello all, 

I have a question about the social media identifier question on the DS-260 form. 

1) My husband deleted most of his social medias a couple years ago due to never using them. Are we still required to list all of them, even the ones he already deleted?

2) Also, when it asks for "Social Media User ID" are they talking about your handle or the official ID (the one with numbers usually)?

3) What happens if you accidentally forget one? My husband is freaking out because he already deleted his social medias and he doesnt remember several of the handles, and especially doesn't have access to the IDs anymore. 

Thank you so much in advance for your responses! :) 

Edited by KseniyaG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

1. Yes

2. This is social media network specific

3. Make best efforts, and enter unknown as applicable.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

1. Yes

2. This is social media network specific

3. Make best efforts, and enter unknown as applicable.

Thank you for your response! Do you mind elaborating a little more with your response for 2? I don't understand what you mean when you say social media network specific. Would I use the public username everyone sees or the the official identificatin number of the social network profile?

Timeline
9 hours ago, KseniyaG said:

Thank you for your response! Do you mind elaborating a little more with your response for 2? I don't understand what you mean when you say social media network specific. Would I use the public username everyone sees or the the official identificatin number of the social network profile?

No all social media sites have the things you list:

9 hours ago, KseniyaG said:

Also, when it asks for "Social Media User ID" are they talking about your handle or the official ID (the one with numbers usually)?

For example on linked in I have none of that. Instead I have a unique URL to my public profile.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

social media sites such as this one are attached to an email ID and /or email ID backup

he needs to go into his emails and check for messages they may have sent in the past as they will come thru with the ID /like mine here comes to yahoo

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Enhanced Vetting/CA - FAQs on Social Media Collection - 6-4-2019 (v.2).pdf

What if applicants participate in multiple online platforms? Are they being asked to list all of their handles, or only one?

Applicants must provide all identifiers used for all listed platforms.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/13/2023 at 9:46 AM, JeanneAdil said:

social media sites such as this one are attached to an email ID and /or email ID backup

he needs to go into his emails and check for messages they may have sent in the past as they will come thru with the ID /like mine here comes to yahoo

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Enhanced Vetting/CA - FAQs on Social Media Collection - 6-4-2019 (v.2).pdf

What if applicants participate in multiple online platforms? Are they being asked to list all of their handles, or only one?

Applicants must provide all identifiers used for all listed platforms.

Thank you! This is exactly what we did :)

We were kinda unsure of the social media question as well since my husband has FB but barely uses it. We listed his handle/URL for FB and LinkedIn and that's it. I listed my social handles as well. We had no issues with it. The Frankfurt consulate did a light search but nothing too deep. Also, they don't access deleted accounts or private content socials for the interview. 

10/19/22 : Approval for DCF granted

10/28/22 : I-130 petition sent to consulate

10/31/22 : Consulate received I-130 petition

11/16/22 : I-130 petition approved. Packet 3 received

11/18/22 : Packet 3 sent via email

11/21/22 : Packet 3 accepted / Request for interview Approved

11/22/22: Interview scheduled for Dec. 

12/12/22: Medical completed

12/27/22: Visa Interview / 221g issued

1/18/23: Consulate received requested document

1/25/23: CAEC status changed from refuse to issued

1/27/23: Passport picked up

2/5/23: Paid immigration fee (OS155A)

6/7/23: Arrived in U.S.A

6/20/23: SS card delivered via USPS

7/20/23: GC being Produced

7/25/23: GC mailed

7/28/23: GC delivered via USPS

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Black Unicorn said:

Also, they don't access deleted accounts or private content socials for the interview. 

How do you know?This is not a rhetoric question?

Because I asked while we went through the process. Helps to ask questions directly to the consulate and not just depend on forums. 

10/19/22 : Approval for DCF granted

10/28/22 : I-130 petition sent to consulate

10/31/22 : Consulate received I-130 petition

11/16/22 : I-130 petition approved. Packet 3 received

11/18/22 : Packet 3 sent via email

11/21/22 : Packet 3 accepted / Request for interview Approved

11/22/22: Interview scheduled for Dec. 

12/12/22: Medical completed

12/27/22: Visa Interview / 221g issued

1/18/23: Consulate received requested document

1/25/23: CAEC status changed from refuse to issued

1/27/23: Passport picked up

2/5/23: Paid immigration fee (OS155A)

6/7/23: Arrived in U.S.A

6/20/23: SS card delivered via USPS

7/20/23: GC being Produced

7/25/23: GC mailed

7/28/23: GC delivered via USPS

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Black Unicorn said:

Because I asked while we went through the process. Helps to ask questions directly to the consulate and not just depend on forums. 

Oh, well federal officers lie.

If this was under oath to Congress or federal court I might believe them a bit.

Of course Zuck, Elon, and Nutella are handing over your data.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.