39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 2/1/2024 at 8:44 PM, OldUser said:

You can either get:

- Combo interview for both I-751 and N-400

- Two separate interviews for I-751 and N-400

- Get only N-400 interview with I-751 being decided without interview

The estimated times is largely inaccurate, just like I-751 processing times. 

Plus, it's an election year. N400 tend to get completed a tad faster in those years. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Update:

As soon as I applied for N400 after a month I got an RFE for I-751 asking to submit more evidence that we share marital life together. This is awkward, all the evidence is there! Could they not look at evidence from the past and the one submitted with N400. 

1 hour ago, gunny.ream said:

Update:

As soon as I applied for N400 after a month I got an RFE for I-751 asking to submit more evidence that we share marital life together. This is awkward, all the evidence is there! Could they not look at evidence from the past and the one submitted with N400. 

How much evidence did you submit and what kind? Depending on that and when you filed I-751, they may want to see more evidence.

Things that trigger RFE the most:

- Partial information (sending one or few pages of bank statements / other documents instead of full document)

- Missing evidence (no financial comingling evidence or no lease information etc)

- Not covering entire period of time. I-751 asks for evidence from start of marriage until I-751 was filed. Plus anything new since you filed I-751 because you got RFE now.

Edited by OldUser

2 hours ago, OldUser said:

How much evidence did you submit and what kind? Depending on that and when you filed I-751, they may want to see more evidence.

Things that trigger RFE the most:

- Partial information (sending one or few pages of bank statements / other documents instead of full document)

- Missing evidence (no financial comingling evidence or no lease information etc)

- Not covering entire period of time. I-751 asks for evidence from start of marriage until I-751 was filed. Plus anything new since you filed I-751 because you got RFE now.

Another less stressful explanation is that they need you to send updated evidence from date of filing until now, it's been a year or so. I'd take that as sign that the I-751 could be approved soon after they receive the RFE.

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

Timeline

Another less stressful explanation is that they need you to send updated evidence from date of filing until now

I don't get it. Do they not have visibility over the N400 application, which has up-to-date joint tax returns with leasing information?

Just now, gunny.ream said:

Another less stressful explanation is that they need you to send updated evidence from date of filing until now

I don't get it. Do they not have visibility over the N400 application, which has up-to-date joint tax returns with leasing information?

You're trying to find a rational explanation for a USCIS process. That way lies madness, I'd just file the RFE and be happy it's done

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, gunny.ream said:

What's strange to me is that they've specified to submit the evidence starting from the date of marriage and not the start date of when the I-751 was filed. 

It's not strange. I-751 instructions ask for evidence from start of marriage. It's normal. Maybe some of your file got lost. Maybe it's locked in a cave and they think it would be faster if you sent them all the evidence versus trying to retreive it.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline

I have a lawyer who submitted this, and I have never reviewed what her team sent. Maybe I should circle back on what was actually submitted for the I-751 and identify the missing evidence, but I'd like to ask:

Can I respond to the RFE with repeated evidence (the one I sent with the N400) and maybe add some new ones? Or is it redundant, and should I focus on gathering new evidence?

54 minutes ago, gunny.ream said:

I have a lawyer who submitted this, and I have never reviewed what her team sent. Maybe I should circle back on what was actually submitted for the I-751 and identify the missing evidence, but I'd like to ask:

Can I respond to the RFE with repeated evidence (the one I sent with the N400) and maybe add some new ones? Or is it redundant, and should I focus on gathering new evidence?

Send everything you have.

You can and should ask for a copy of everything sent to USCIS from your lawyer. And yes, reviewing before sending would have been nice. I always did that when filing with a lawyer.

In my opinion, your lawyer should own their mistakes (if any) and help with RFE for free.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline

So, my RFE response is 100MB file which I'm having trouble upload as the requirement is 5MB per file and up to 5 files that's 20MB. 

Either I remove some evidence or mail the whole thing in?

It's wild that my evidence online depends on a 20MB of storage space. 

12 minutes ago, gunny.ream said:

So, my RFE response is 100MB file which I'm having trouble upload as the requirement is 5MB per file and up to 5 files that's 20MB. 

Did the RFE mention replying by uploading or did it give instructions for mailing response?

Timeline

No, it doesn't mention anything about uploading or mailing. 

I prefer uploading because it allows for faster delivery compared to mailing. I could compress some files, which would result in a trade-off in the quality of some photos, while keeping some photos in high quality for better visibility, such as gift cards and letters where text needs to be readable.

Let me know what you think.

2 hours ago, gunny.ream said:

Use Canva to upload all your photos, then create a document with dimensions of 1980x1980 px or a bit larger, like 2500x2500 px, or a letter size up to you. Arrange all the photos as a collage (you can add text if needed), making sure they are not too small, and save the file as a JPEG at 80% quality. Afterwards, you can use the ImageOptim app for Mac (if you have a Mac), but the Canva file should be enough.

PS: 100 MB is unnecessarily large; they're not printing your photos as a billboard. They just need to check the legitimacy of your marriage.

Edited by Cornflake

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.