maxy

N-600K Form - five years physically present in the United States ?

26 posts in this topic

Timeline
The child’s U.S. citizen parent has been physically present in the United States for a period or periods totaling at least
five years, at least two of which were after 14 years of age.

Hi, I was a green card holder and became a naturalized us citizen. I was 8 months short of 5 year physically presence in USA, So my child 4 year old CRBA was denied. I am currently not living in USA. I am with my family and children. My wife's I-130 is in processing status. So, we all are planning to come to USA. once the child has come to USA with immigrant visa I can file N-600K or I just have to wait 8 months to complete my 5 years in USA and then file N-600K? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
6 minutes ago, maxy said:

once the child has come to USA with immigrant visa I can file N-600K

no

or I just have to wait 8 months to complete my 5 years in USA and then file N-600K? 

No.

N-600K is for people who do not live in the U.S.  

Because you are a U.S. citizen, the moment your child enters the US (while under age 18) on the IR-2 visa, the child will be a U.S. citizen, assuming the child lives with you.

If so, and if you can prove it, then you file for U.S. passports for your child. After at least  passport is received, you file N-600 (not N-600K).

If you plan to file for U.S. passports for your child then do not pay this fee:  https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-fees/uscis-immigrant-fee

If you do not think you will have the time to get the passports the  do pay this fee.

Timeline

Thank you for the reply. 

I am a US citizen. As soon as I got my citizenship I moved to another country and its been about 10 years now I was out of USA. My physical presence in USA was 8 months short for CRBA. 

Now my me and my family planning to go back to USA and settle there again. So once we go there I can file N-600 ? 

How do I apply IR-2 visa ? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, maxy said:

Thank you for the reply. 

I am a US citizen. As soon as I got my citizenship I moved to another country and its been about 10 years now I was out of USA. My physical presence in USA was 8 months short for CRBA. 

Now my me and my family planning to go back to USA and settle there again. So once we go there I can file N-600 ? 

Start by filing an I130 for each of your children who are not US citizens already and who are wanting to immigrate.. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, maxy said:

Looks like you started the process:

2 minutes ago, maxy said:

Yes I have separate i-130's pending for wife and children. 

21 minutes ago, maxy said:

So once we go there I can file N-600 ? 

You can, but it is a bad idea to do so before they each get at least one U.S. passport.

How old is the oldest child?

Timeline

Elder is 4 years old Younger is 2 years old. 

Cool. No danger of them aging out U.S. citizenship

Timeline
1 hour ago, maxy said:

good to hear. I am planning sponsor my Wife and two children. Sponsor's Household Size going to be 4 right? 

poverty guideline for 4 member family is $37500

So I have to show 37500x 5 ?  or 37500 x 3? 

You will file I-864 for your wife, showing a household size of 4.

For each child you will file I-864W. W stands for waiver. Waiver because they will instantly become U.S. citizens, and once an immigrant becomes a U.S. citizen, I-864 is void.

Timeline

hi, I am unbale to show income as I was in out of USA for more than 10 years and so far?.

1. I have filled US tax returns for each and every year coz I have a small online business that is registered in USA. There is few business transactions happening on it . However I have mentioned zero income for each year after calculation of the profit and loss. I guess i cant use those income? So I have to go with assets.?

2. So for a household size of 4 I still have to show assets of 37500 x 3  or since I can file a Waiver for children I-864W is it going to be reduced ? 

4. When I should file  I-864W for children ?

Edited by maxy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
14 hours ago, maxy said:

hi, I am unbale to show income as I was in out of USA for more than 10 years and so far?.

1. I have filled US tax returns for each and every year coz I have a small online business that is registered in USA. There is few business transactions happening on it . However I have mentioned zero income for each year after calculation of the profit and loss. I guess i cant use those income? So I have to go with assets.?

You have to go with assets, yes. Also - slightly related - you also report your foreign income to the IRS, right, even though they might be excluded from paying tax?

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/reporting-foreign-income-and-filing-a-tax-return-when-living-abroad

US entry :

GC issued :
CIS Office :

2016 (me, H-1B) / 2017 (her, H-4)

2018-06-20

Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2023-03-22

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. Notice :

2023-03-22

2023-03-24

Bio. Appt. :

2023-04-13

Interview Notice :

Interview Date :

Oath Ceremony :

2023-05-24

2023-07-13 (approved)

TBD

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline
14 hours ago, maxy said:

There are more experts here, but if you are reporting 0 profit then I believe that won't count as income -- because basically the idea is if all your revenue is being eaten up by business expenses you wouldn't have money left to support your spouse.  

Do you have someone that can co-sponsor the I-864 for you? Relative, friend etc. The I-864 can be tricky if you live outside the US and don't have enough assets saved up. You basically either need to get a co-sponsor (which is what we are doing) or move to the US before your family to get a job. 

Edited by garebear397

Engaged: 2016-11-07

K-1 Visa Process
I-129F NOA1: 2016-12-05
I-129F NOA2: 2017-05-05
Interview Date: 2017-07-14 (Approved!)  

Married: 2017-08-08

AOS Process

I-485/I-131/I-765 NOA 1 : 2017-08-26

AOS Interview: 2017-12-08 (recommended for approval) 

Received Two Year Green Card: 2017-12-16

Moved back to Chile: 2019-09-01 

Abandoned Green Card: 2020-08-17 

IR-1 Visa Process

I-130 Filed Electronically and Online Reciept Notice: 2023-06-04 

NOA1 Recieved in Mail (with recieved date as 06-04-2023): 2023-06-10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.