lovelylip

About K-1 visa

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline

I am Japanese and living in Japan. My American fiance is living in America.

We are starting for K1 visa.

Now I have a question !!!

Actually I want to prepare together in America. So I will enter America by non-visa ( with my passport), and write papers together, and I will go back to Japan within 90 days. I went to America with round trip air plane ticket. If I stayed in America when he file to Service Center, is it problem for approving ???

Is it ilegal, if I do this , I can't get K-1 visa or it will take long long time than ather people???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Actually I want to prepare together in America. So I will enter America by non-visa ( with my passport), and write papers together, and I will go back to Japan within 90 days. I went to America with round trip air plane ticket. If I stayed in America when he file to Service Center, is it problem for approving ???

Is it ilegal, if I do this , I can't get K-1 visa or it will take long long time than ather people???

There is no problem with this. You can't come here and get married and apply for a K1, but you can visit and do the paperwork. Can also do things like get US style passport pictures, take pictures here, etc.

Edited by Jaseball

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you can travel under the visa waiver program, it's not a problem for you two to be together and fill out the paperwork during a visit. Do not overstay 90 days.

Timeline

Thanks everyone.

so, process for K-1 visa for me is,

1) I will enter America by my passport

2) We do paperwork together

so, this time when we write a I-129F, we have to write a question on Part B No.12 " If your fiancee is currently in the U.S., complete

the following: .......) ???

3) and we send to the Service Center

4) I will go back to Japan within 90 days. maybe I will go back to in 2 months.

5) and I will wait for receiving from U.S. embassy in Japan.

6) Do paper work by myself for interview

7) medical

8) interview

9) get visa

10) enter America

When I enter America for doing paper work together, I should not say about I am preparing for K-1 visa??? I just say sightseen??

Immigration people at airport will feel doubt me, because I will stay 2 or 3 months???

What should I say when I enter America for preparing for K-1 visa???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What sort of visa would you be entering on? A regular tourist visa? The main concern is someone coming in here under a student, work, tourist, or other visa type, then getting married.

The purpose of your visit is to see and be with your fiancee. While you are here you can do your paperwork and get your K1 package together. On the app you just have to list your visa entry number, dates here, and make sure you leave back for Japan within the time period. Your fiance sends the package in and you go back to Japan and you will be in the same position as everyone else.

Except you got to spend a large amount of time with the fiance. Also, Japanese shouldn't face the same scrutiny as Muslims, Vietnamese, China, communist countries, etc., so you have an advantage there.

Thanks everyone.

so, process for K-1 visa for me is,

1) I will enter America by my passport

2) We do paperwork together

so, this time when we write a I-129F, we have to write a question on Part B No.12 " If your fiancee is currently in the U.S., complete

the following: .......) ???

3) and we send to the Service Center

4) I will go back to Japan within 90 days. maybe I will go back to in 2 months.

5) and I will wait for receiving from U.S. embassy in Japan.

6) Do paper work by myself for interview

7) medical

8) interview

9) get visa

10) enter America

When I enter America for doing paper work together, I should not say about I am preparing for K-1 visa??? I just say sightseen??

Immigration people at airport will feel doubt me, because I will stay 2 or 3 months???

What should I say when I enter America for preparing for K-1 visa???

You should be able to come to the US to fill out the paperwork, just as long as you return before 90 days is up. Just in case, I would suggest bringing proof that you intend to go back. You can still be denied at the PoE if the immigration officers believe that you intent to immigrate on a VWP/Tourist visa.

I will go to a regular visa. This time my purpose is not getting marry with him.

To do paperwork for K1 visa is my purpose.

Should he send to Service Center AFTER I WENT BACK TO JAPAN??

It doesn't matter when he sends the packet to the service center, you can remain in the country while its processing even, though after its sent in it could become more difficult to enter.

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline

THank you for helping.

so, I can stay after he send to service center within 90 days. I mean if I go to America and send to service center on Novenber 30, I can still stay untill Febrary 30 ?

and you meant that after he sent to service center and I went back to Japan, to enter America again until I get K1 visa is DFFICULT ??

What shoul I show as a proof I back to Japan ? Return ticket to Japan? What else ?

THank you for helping.

so, I can stay after he send to service center within 90 days. I mean if I go to America and send to service center on Novenber 30, I can still stay untill Febrary 30 ?

and you meant that after he sent to service center and I went back to Japan, to enter America again until I get K1 visa is DFFICULT ??

What shoul I show as a proof I back to Japan ? Return ticket to Japan? What else ?

Yes you can stay for the entire 90 days, even if the petition is sent in as soon as you get there. You can be in the US when the petition is processing.

It can be difficult to come to the US, when a K1 visa is being processed. The officers at the border will know that you have a K-1 petition processing. They will ask you more questions and ask to see proof that you intent to return back to Japan when your time is up.

Proof can be return ticket, rental lease, mortgage papers, or deed to where you live, or letter from your employer as to when they expect you back. The more you can show the better. Even though your petition will not yet be processing when you enter, if you say the purpose of your visit is to visit your fiancee, be prepared for questions.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thank you so much.

I should not say to Immigration officer " I will go to see my fiance to prepare for K1 visa" ?

I should say just sightseeing ??

I would not say anything unless they ask! Don't offer any extra info, just tell them what they want to know and thats it. I went to the US 4 times while i was waiting for the visa. I never had any questions or trouble.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Thank you so much.

I should not say to Immigration officer " I will go to see my fiance to prepare for K1 visa" ?

I should say just sightseeing ??

I would not say anything unless they ask! Don't offer any extra info, just tell them what they want to know and thats it. I went to the US 4 times while i was waiting for the visa. I never had any questions or trouble.

If asked for the purpose of your visit, you may say simply "pleasure" or "tourism" or "to visit family and friends". There is not need to give your full itinerary or plans. I would not mention a fiance. You're not doing anything wrong. On your first visit you don't need any proof you are returning to Japan. If you visit again after the petition is filed, you'll want to bring some evidence you intend to return to Japan.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'd have some sort of answer ready though... when I went to the US last year (POE Detroit), I was asked the purpose of my visit... I answered 'I'm visiting my boyfriend' (he wasn't my fiance then), and the guy said, very pleasantly, 'You wouldn't be thinking of marrying him would you?'

having no iDEA about all this stuff I have since learned, I thought he was just being a bit cheeky, and I laughed, and said something like 'oh, he'd like that, but no', and the guy laughed again and said 'oh, you holding out on him, are you?'

it all seemed innocent to me, but of course now I know he was looking for that 'intent to marry' which is so important... I was fortunate it went no further

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Keep it simple. You are coming to visit the U.S.A., see the sights and visit some friends.

Stay within the limits of your visa and finish the paperwork while you are visiting. Return home with hopefully a short wait until the K-1 application is approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.