Mark&Joyce

Delay for IR-1/IR-2 Visa Interview at U.S Embassy Manila [merged threads 5x]

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anybody know if there are delays for getting CR-2 visa appointments at the U.S. Embassy in Manila?  My step-son CR-2 case was documentarily qualified by NVC on 5 May....but we still have not received a visa appointment from them.  Please let me know if anybody has a similiar case pending at NVC (waiting for visa interview dates from US Embassy in Manila).  

1 hour ago, Mark&Joyce said:

Does anybody know if there are delays for getting CR-2 visa appointments at the U.S. Embassy in Manila?  My step-son CR-2 case was documentarily qualified by NVC on 5 May

It seems Manila has not been scheduling interviews for CR1/IR1/CR2/IR2 cases DQ after Jan 2023.  The thread below is mainly about CR1/IR1 cases but CR2/IR2 gets mentioned too --

Timeline

To everyone waiting for a IR-1/IR-2 visa interview date from NVC for the US Embassy, Manila....there is a backlog of visa cases waiting for interview dates. 

Right now, the wait time is 6 - 8 months.  This is from the senator's office who I requested help from here in Hawaii.  The lady I spoke to recommended me doing an Expediate request to NVC to try and get a earlier date, otherwise, get ready for a long wait for those IR-1/IR-2 visa interview dates from Manila!!

14 hours ago, Mark&Joyce said:

To everyone waiting for a IR-1/IR-2 visa interview date from NVC for the US Embassy, Manila....there is a backlog of visa cases waiting for interview dates. 

Right now, the wait time is 6 - 8 months.  This is from the senator's office who I requested help from here in Hawaii.  The lady I spoke to recommended me doing an Expediate request to NVC to try and get a earlier date, otherwise, get ready for a long wait for those IR-1/IR-2 visa interview dates from Manila!!

Given the amount of applications Manila must deal with I'm surprised it's not longer tbh. Some poor people are waiting 2 years or more at other consulates.

Hopefully as the year progresses they'll bring that backlog down and get it nearer 'normal' levels, best of luck and hope you get your IL soon.

Edited by appleblossom

• 2 weeks later...

FYI A bunch of IR1/CR1s DQ'd Jan-May got auto-expedited. Remember to check your CEAC page to see if yours did- it'll be in the "new messages" part.

Edited by Evan757

1 minute ago, Mark&Joyce said:

Has anybody received any new visa appointment dates for Manila?

Even though CEAC still says "In Transit", I am now able to schedule.  (We're holding off scheduling until we get the "all clear" from medical next week.  I'm not eager to make this process any more complicated trying to reschedule a visa interview!)

image.thumb.png.225fb3e8096973a762e57ed1b39bf3b9.png

On 6/28/2023 at 11:17 AM, Adobo said:

This sucks...My I-130 took 1 year to get approved. I just got a notice right now from NVC that my wife's application has been DQ'd. I was really hoping she would be here for her birthday in November...Now, I'll be happy if she gets here by xmas....

Expect to wait longer. Like until August. Because anything can happen. And, then, when something like the auto expedite that just happened comes your way, it's a really nice development. (I'm in the same boat as you. Sort of. We're still waiting for our NVC welcome letter. And we're just...waiting. It gets hard. But it's just life.) ✌🏾

• Ontarkie changed the title to Delay for IR-1/IR-2 Visa Interview at U.S Embassy Manila (merged)

Two related threads merged and another duplicate thread removed. Do not start multiple threads for same or related topics as that’s considered spamming and is a terms of service violation and puts your account at risk of administrative action. Please post all follow up questions in THIS thread only.

VJ Moderation 

8 hours ago, Mark&Joyce said:

Has anybody else experienced a big delay in getting a visa interview for USEM?  My step-son was DQ'd by NVC on 5/5/2023 and we are still waiting for an interview from NVC.  We have submitted 3 expedited requests, but all 3 were declined/disapproved. Anybody else with a similar situation, please let me know.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Just FYI for everyone is has an approved IR-2 and are waiting for a visa interview from the US Embassy in Manila.  I just received a response from my State of Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz office (I requested assistance from them due to my Expediate requests being disapproved by USEM) indicating that USEM is now working on IR-2 visa interviews for cases that were DQ at NVC in June 2021....so for me (my step-son's case was DQ on May 2023), I have another several more months to wait...unless I submit an expediate request (he turn 21 on 04/29/2025). 

If your children will be turning 21 (age-out) soon, submit an Expediate request to NVC indicating that they will be aging out soon.

Hope this information is helpful.  Regards.

• Chancy changed the title to Delay for IR-1/IR-2 Visa Interview at U.S Embassy Manila [merged threads 3x]

*** Merged another related thread.  Please post your questions/updates related to this topic in this thread to keep the discussion in one place. ***

On 10/24/2023 at 10:30 PM, Mark&Joyce said:

If your children will be turning 21 (age-out) soon, submit an Expediate request to NVC indicating that they will be aging out soon.

As long as they remain unmarried, CR2/IR2 beneficiaries will not age out.  So age-out is not an acceptable reason for expedite for CR2/IR2 cases.

From https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/child-status-protection-act-cspa -- "If you are an immediate relative, a VAWA self-petitioning abused spouse or child of a U.S. citizen, or a derivative child of a VAWA self-petitioning abused spouse or child of a U.S. citizen, your age is frozen on the date the Form I-130 or Form I-360 is filed. If you were under the age of 21 at the time the petition was filed, you are eligible for CSPA and will not age out. However, you must remain unmarried in order to qualify."

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

For those of you who are waiting to get a IR-2 visa appointment (child visa) with the U.S. Embassy in Manila, per my Senator's office, who reached out to NVC today, they are currently working on those applicants who where DQ'd in June 2022 or earlier.  Hope this helps any and all of you waiting patiently (like I have).  Regards.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.