TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

763 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Nadzz said:

So weird for some reason I’m missing it on my vaccine records lol so maybe I didn’t get it in high school. I guess I’ll have to wait for the medical exam and see if they ask me to get it done since it’s not showing up as a requirement on the list. 

If you have a family doctor or can get to a clinic, I would just ask them if they can send you for bloodwork about it or if they can simply give it to you. The last thing you want is to have to get it post your medical and then delay the process and risk not having your results at the consulate for your interview.

8 minutes ago, Nadzz said:

So weird for some reason I’m missing it on my vaccine records lol so maybe I didn’t get it in high school. I guess I’ll have to wait for the medical exam and see if they ask me to get it done since it’s not showing up as a requirement on the list. 

You  need to have immunity tests for MMR, hepatitis B, Chicken pox or vaccinations plus tetanus shot with in last ten years. For immunity test, you reach out to family doctor for lab requisition. It takes 5-6 days to get back results.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, NorthnerSouth98 said:

Hi All, 

Just an update, I was able to register for the courier service and my medical is scheduled for early July. I think this is about it minus compiling my final documents. 

still open to interview trade dates haha!

Woot woot! I am still baffled at your interview date. It's very confusing! But YAY it;s happening!!

Timeline

Me just looking way too far deep into how I should answer questions at the interview...BUT! Typically when they ask about spouse's job, I see people saying they were it like "What does your spouse do for a living" are they expecting job title and company or simply the industry? I suppose it wouldn't matter to just say it all but again - me being over analytical about it all lol

Thanks!!

Hi everyone 

my interview is next week and I wanted to ask if there is anything extra I should upload in ceac,

We have uploaded all recent(2022) tax documents and recent payslips and some personal pictures as proof of relationship 

Can I somehow upload my recent travel dates, I crossed into states quite a bit from the time I filled out the application last year

i was thinking to make a document with all travel dates and duration of stay and upload them ? 

Let me know

thank you 

Edited by Anna12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 6/23/2023 at 12:49 PM, Anna12 said:

Hi everyone 

my interview is next week and I wanted to ask if there is anything extra I should upload in ceac,

We have uploaded all recent(2022) tax documents and recent payslips and some personal pictures as proof of relationship 

Can I somehow upload my recent travel dates, I crossed into states quite a bit from the time I filled out the application last year

i was thinking to make a document with all travel dates and duration of stay and upload them ? 

Let me know

thank you 

My husband’s interview is also next week! Do we have to upload additional/updated documents to CEAC? Our lawyer said we didn’t have to, but honestly I trust this forum more. We have an updated I-864 for me (I moved and got a new job) and my 2022 tax returns. Should I upload those?

1 hour ago, DijonMustard said:

My husband’s interview is also next week! Do we have to upload additional/updated documents to CEAC? Our lawyer said we didn’t have to, but honestly I trust this forum more. We have an updated I-864 for me (I moved and got a new job) and my 2022 tax returns. Should I upload those?

Hey

Yes please upload your recent tax return!!! After April it was mandatory to have most recent tax return. I read that people got 221g for not having the most recent tax return uploaded in ceac. 
I event uploaded some of our pictures as relationship proof. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Anna12 said:

Hey

Yes please upload your recent tax return!!! After April it was mandatory to have most recent tax return. I read that people got 221g for not having the most recent tax return uploaded in ceac. 
I event uploaded some of our pictures as relationship proof. 

Oh my gosh thank you SO MUCH! You are a godsend! I feel stupid for not knowing this, but like I said, our lawyer said it was fine if we just bring the physical copies in. 

just to clarify (again, I know this is dumb), but I should upload this to the same website we uploaded all of documents to be DQd? CEAC.state.gov ?

again, thank you!

2 hours ago, DijonMustard said:

Oh my gosh thank you SO MUCH! You are a godsend! I feel stupid for not knowing this, but like I said, our lawyer said it was fine if we just bring the physical copies in. 

just to clarify (again, I know this is dumb), but I should upload this to the same website we uploaded all of documents to be DQd? CEAC.state.gov ?

again, thank you!

Yes, upload them on your ceac.state.gov website as additional documents and make sure you hit submit :) 

Timeline
Just now, Anna12 said:

Yes, upload them on your ceac.state.gov website as additional documents and make sure you hit submit :) 

Thank you!!! Just uploaded and submitted! I did talk to our lawyer again and she said it’s only mandatory if we hadn’t been DQd before April, but….. I submitted it anyway. So thank you!

1 minute ago, DijonMustard said:

Thank you!!! Just uploaded and submitted! I did talk to our lawyer again and she said it’s only mandatory if we hadn’t been DQd before April, but….. I submitted it anyway. So thank you!

Let me knowwww if I was correct or the lawyer haha. 
Goodluck!! hope we reunite with our significant others asap 🥰

Timeline
16 minutes ago, DijonMustard said:

QQ - my husband (petitioner) had to get an extension on his tax return. We were DQ’d April 5. Would we be deemed “mandatory”??

Timeline
1 minute ago, llcoolwil said:

QQ - my husband (petitioner) had to get an extension on his tax return. We were DQ’d April 5. Would we be deemed “mandatory”??

Hmm I don’t think so? Here’s exactly what my paralegal said:

“2022 Taxes are mandatory for anyone who is not documentary qualified. For anyone who is still pending documents to upload or is about to apply for residency as of April 18, 2023 the 2022 Tax Returns became mandatory. 

You became documentary qualified before April 2022*. As such you can physically take the documents to the interview. They do not need to be uploaded to CEAC”
*we were DQd Jan 27th

They are a really great law firm and we’ve worked with wonderful paralegals there, but information changes very often, so i don’t want to pass this along as if it’s absolute truth. But hopefully this helps!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.