TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

786 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Nadzz said:

Hi everyone! My interview is this Friday and I’m super nervous lol! I already printed all the documents I think I need but was wondering if anyone has a checklist they could share? 

That’s exciting! Wishing you the best for your interview! Mine is in two weeks, this is a checklist I received. Hope it helps!

• Interview Notice;
  • DS-260 confirmation page;
  • Proof of visas fee payments;
  • Valid passport and a copy of the passport biographic page;
  • Two (2) recently taken photos of each person applying for a visa (5 cm x 5 cm).
  • Medical examination results in a sealed envelope from an approved physician; 
  • Original marriage certificate;
  • All original documents for BOTH the petitioner and the beneficiary, including: current marriage certificate, divorce decree(s), birth certificates.
  • Photocopy of proof of U.S. petitioner's status (copy of US passport or certificate of naturalization)
  • Original police certificates (if submitted more than 1 year ago to NVC, a new one is required);
  • Copies of ALL 2022 W-2s and copy of 2022 tax returns.
  • Affidavit of support (Forms 1-864)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

Anyone DQ in May 2023 got the IL for MTL embassy? Around this time NVC sends IL. Correct me if i am wrong

From what I understand, July IL letters went out on July 12th. I believe someone posted on this thread that they received theirs. I believe the were mid-late April DQ. 

1 hour ago, llcoolwil said:

From what I understand, July IL letters went out on July 12th. I believe someone posted on this thread that they received theirs. I believe the were mid-late April DQ. 

As per  embassy (https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/) update  they are working on the cases that were DQ in May 2023 => IL will be issued in August for May 2023 DQ. Is this correct understanding based on their updates?

Timeline
17 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

As per  embassy (https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/) update  they are working on the cases that were DQ in May 2023 => IL will be issued in August for May 2023 DQ. Is this correct understanding based on their updates?

We have personal friends that were DQ in May and received their IL in July (for a Sept interview). However we were DQ in March and still haven't received our IL. So it seems a little inconsistent and not fair. Definitely not operating on a "first in, first out basis" like it says on the website. 

8 hours ago, mg2021 said:

We have personal friends that were DQ in May and received their IL in July (for a Sept interview). However we were DQ in March and still haven't received our IL. So it seems a little inconsistent and not fair. Definitely not operating on a "first in, first out basis" like it says on the website. 

Yes - You should have received IL in June. If you know the DQ date of your friend, please share

Timeline

Good luck for all the folks having their interviews!!! I had mine July 12th and got approved, had visa in passport 2 days later!

Getting ready for the big move now and I am just wondering if anyone knows how to go about getting a SSN. I keep seeing that you can apply for one at the same time as your application however I don't ever remember that being an option for the CR1 forms. Does anyone have any insight? I am thinking when I cross the boarder perhaps I go to a social security office right away to get one?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/22/2023 at 9:54 AM, ROSALINDDELOST said:

Good luck for all the folks having their interviews!!! I had mine July 12th and got approved, had visa in passport 2 days later!

Getting ready for the big move now and I am just wondering if anyone knows how to go about getting a SSN. I keep seeing that you can apply for one at the same time as your application however I don't ever remember that being an option for the CR1 forms. Does anyone have any insight? I am thinking when I cross the boarder perhaps I go to a social security office right away to get one?

You'll have to check your DS-260 submission and see if you ticked the box.  If you did, wait about 10 business days after you enter to see if you get it.  If not, head into your local SSA office with your passport and apply for one.  You can still work, even without your SSN in hand.  Your temporary I-551 in your passport serves as legal documentation proving your work authorization.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/21/2023 at 9:48 AM, mg2021 said:

Have you received anything?  I'd send an inquiry if you haven't or call NVC and ask for a status update since you've been DQ'd for a while.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline

Also! Good luck to all of those interviewing this week! Mine is a week from tomorrow - such a long process yet I can't believe interview time is already here! If you're interviewing on the 8th - See you there!!

56 minutes ago, llcoolwil said:

Also! Good luck to all of those interviewing this week! Mine is a week from tomorrow - such a long process yet I can't believe interview time is already here! If you're interviewing on the 8th - See you there!!

Good luck! I am super jealous haha, the 23rd is killing me. 

Please share if anyone receives a DS5535 form this month! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, NorthnerSouth98 said:

Good luck! I am super jealous haha, the 23rd is killing me. 

Please share if anyone receives a DS5535 form this month! 

I am super paranoid about the DS5535 thing too. It's so stressful! 

9 minutes ago, llcoolwil said:

I am super paranoid about the DS5535 thing too. It's so stressful! 

It looks like a lot of individuals get picked up in the EB category along with being from those countries identified as needing extreme vetting. 

I’m not holding my breath because none of this process has made sense but that’s what I observed. 

We have also uploaded some unsolicited evidence on our profile of recent trips, weddings, flights etc. I’m not sure if it does anything but just trying to bring a mountain of evidence! 

Timeline
7 hours ago, NorthnerSouth98 said:

It looks like a lot of individuals get picked up in the EB category along with being from those countries identified as needing extreme vetting. 

I’m not holding my breath because none of this process has made sense but that’s what I observed. 

We have also uploaded some unsolicited evidence on our profile of recent trips, weddings, flights etc. I’m not sure if it does anything but just trying to bring a mountain of evidence! 

Great call! Don't give them a reason to say no :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.