TBoneTX

The Big IR-1/CR-1 DQ'd Message Group (Part V)

781 posts in this topic

Interview was this morning 8:30am, I arrived to the consulate by 7:45 as I’ve read about the long lines. The security officer will call out appointment times and will take you out of line once it’s your time. Went through security and waited in the waiting room until my number was called. I waited approx 20 mins, was asked to give passport, marriage certificate, birth certificate, criminal record check, one passport photo and 2022 taxes, took about 5-10mins. Waited another 30-40 mins until my number was called for interview. The officer asked; who is my petitioner, how did we meet, when did we get married, is it both of our first marriages, what does my spouse do for living, what was my longest stay in US, if I was ever denied entry, overstayed a visa, or have commuted a criminal offence. The officer then advised she will be approving my visa and I’ll receive it in the mail in 2 days. Overall the interview was under 5 minutes. I was out of the consulate before 10am. 
Wishing all upcoming interviewers the best of luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, D-j-b said:

Interview was this morning 8:30am, I arrived to the consulate by 7:45 as I’ve read about the long lines. The security officer will call out appointment times and will take you out of line once it’s your time. Went through security and waited in the waiting room until my number was called. I waited approx 20 mins, was asked to give passport, marriage certificate, birth certificate, criminal record check, one passport photo and 2022 taxes, took about 5-10mins. Waited another 30-40 mins until my number was called for interview. The officer asked; who is my petitioner, how did we meet, when did we get married, is it both of our first marriages, what does my spouse do for living, what was my longest stay in US, if I was ever denied entry, overstayed a visa, or have commuted a criminal offence. The officer then advised she will be approving my visa and I’ll receive it in the mail in 2 days. Overall the interview was under 5 minutes. I was out of the consulate before 10am. 
Wishing all upcoming interviewers the best of luck!

Wow! That's pretty speedy!! Mine is also the 8:30 time slot next week. I'll do the 7:45 thing as well! Was the line super long when you got there? Do you remember roughly how many people went in with the same time slot? Sorry for the questions haha I'm nervous as hell. 

5 minutes ago, llcoolwil said:

Wow! That's pretty speedy!! Mine is also the 8:30 time slot next week. I'll do the 7:45 thing as well! Was the line super long when you got there? Do you remember roughly how many people went in with the same time slot? Sorry for the questions haha I'm nervous as hell. 

When I got there the line was long about 10 individual groups in front of me. At 8am security was calling out 7:45 appointments from the line. So by 8:30 he called on 8:30 appointments. I believe I was the only one for 8:30 in the line and at that point there was only four ppl behind me. I didn’t mind the waiting in line, it went by fast and it’ll all just be based on other scheduled appointments in the line with you. Also don’t bring a backpack (a few people we turned away for the line to leave their backpacks in their car or wherever) bc it’s not allowed in, but large purses are acceptable. I was nervous as well, not knowing what to expect but the process is very smooth. The interview questions were straight forward so don’t stress on that, focus on your documents and make sure anything you didn’t upload originally to NVC that you upload in supporting documents before your interview. I had uploaded 2022 taxes (w-2s and 1040) in supporting documents as 2022 taxes weren’t filed prior to NVC stage. Just note, everyone’s case is unique and stay positive :) 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, D-j-b said:

When I got there the line was long about 10 individual groups in front of me. At 8am security was calling out 7:45 appointments from the line. So by 8:30 he called on 8:30 appointments. I believe I was the only one for 8:30 in the line and at that point there was only four ppl behind me. I didn’t mind the waiting in line, it went by fast and it’ll all just be based on other scheduled appointments in the line with you. Also don’t bring a backpack (a few people we turned away for the line to leave their backpacks in their car or wherever) bc it’s not allowed in, but large purses are acceptable. I was nervous as well, not knowing what to expect but the process is very smooth. The interview questions were straight forward so don’t stress on that, focus on your documents and make sure anything you didn’t upload originally to NVC that you upload in supporting documents before your interview. I had uploaded 2022 taxes (w-2s and 1040) in supporting documents as 2022 taxes weren’t filed prior to NVC stage. Just note, everyone’s case is unique and stay positive :) 

Thanks for the tips!! I'll upload a few other things. I uploaded the 2022 taxes too to CEAC recently. I'll upload a couple of other things :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you read the FAQ, it's always been said to not bother being too early because you will not be allowed into the Consulate until close to your interview time.  If you show up 10 minutes early, you'll be fine.  It's not FCFS; it's by appointment only.  I can guarantee if it was winter, there's no way you'd stand outside of the Consulate for 45 minutes.  No point in doing so in the summer, either.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
13 hours ago, LJSJMS said:

Hi everyone. Does anyone know how often NVC sends out interview letters? Do they send out a batch once a month? Or am I overthinking this? Lol

I'm not sure where they are at right now in the next round, but I got my IL in June and I was DQ'd April 5. If it follows trends, I feel like you'll likely get your IL this month - likely mid-month. Fingers are crossed for you!

Edited by llcoolwil

Timeline
12 hours ago, nap782 said:

We have been DQ since May 9 2023 and still have heard nothing yet. Hoping to hear something soon.

Same here... hoping to hear something soon.

We were DQ'd on April 5th, and still no interview invitation.

Fingers crossed that it will happen this week or the next 🤞

Timeline
On 7/28/2023 at 12:37 PM, mam521 said:

Have you received anything?  I'd send an inquiry if you haven't or call NVC and ask for a status update since you've been DQ'd for a while.  

Unfortunately there isn't any way to call the NVC anymore. They suspended their phone inquiry number awhile ago and I haven't been able to find ANY phone numbers to talk to anyone at NVC. The only method I've been able to find for contacting the NVC is through the online inquiry form which I've done several times. We always get the same generic answer back, which just says this: 

This case is documentarily complete, which means the NVC has all the documents we requested. Your application is waiting for an interview appointment, where a consular officer will adjudicate it.

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate provides the National Visa Center (NVC) with a list of available appointment dates and times.  We will schedule your case for an interview appointment when an appointment date is available.  We schedule appointments on a first in, first out basis.  After we schedule your appointment, we will forward your case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General in MONTREAL

We cannot predict how long it will take to schedule your appointment, but we will notify the applicant, the petitioner, and your attorney (if applicable) when an appointment is scheduled.  Your case will stay at NVC until that time.

I really don't know what to do! I don't think there IS anything else we can do except wait. :( It's an extremely hard and frustrating situation to be stuck in! Praying this is the month! I don't know if it's because it's 5 visas together that it's taking so long??? (my husband's and 4 children; they were all DQd at the same time) 

Timeline
10 hours ago, D-j-b said:

Received my passport with Visa today, interview was Tuesday.
Hopefully the remaining April and May DQs receive IL this month, very strange it is taking longer than expected! ILs come out usually mid month, most likely will be 14-18 this month. 

Marking these dates down. Thank you.

Timeline
On 8/2/2023 at 8:52 PM, nap782 said:

We have been DQ since May 9 2023 and still have heard nothing yet. Hoping to hear something soon.

Oh no! I was DQ’ed June 12th 😢 I hope we all get our ILs this month!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.