JojoandTomas

JUNE 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

294 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/18/2023 at 7:22 PM, boosack said:

Does anyone know what the appointment wait times are for Qatar US embassy?

You are asking this in a wrong place. I assume you are looking for K1 visa and not nonimmigrant visa. Look in the Middle East and North African forum: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/97-middle-east-and-north-africa/

Nonimmigrant visa wait times can be checked online: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/18/2023 at 9:52 PM, boosack said:

Does anyone know the wait times for Doha Qatar or Abu Dhabi interviews?

One good way to see this is by looking at VJ timelines.
See here for Qatar. Here for UAE.

Once your I-129f petition is approved, consider 2-3 months for NVC stage. Then once your petition is shipped, it seems that Qatar is taking about 1-2 months for interviews and UAE about 2-3 months.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

our case was updated to ready today!

16 hours ago, xxxxx77 said:

Congrats!! So what does that mean? 😅

I think it means the embassy has received your case and is ready to schedule an interview. They have/will contact you with additional information. I haven’t received that yet but it should be coming soon with details on what to bring to the interview. 

1 hour ago, wzrd said:

Aug 21, our case status changed to "Ready" 🎉

We have not received our welcome letter from the NVC yet. Is the NVC welcome letter sent to the American's address or the foreigner's address? And do we need to take this letter to the interview?

What do you mean by the case status saying “ready” if you haven’t received the NVC letter yet? 

Also the petetioner receives it by email/mail and you need the DS160 confirmation page in the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Joining the ready train!!!

Filled out ds160 and trying to pay for an interview appointment. I'll report back if it allows me to.

Timeline
50 minutes ago, poupsmith said:

Filled out ds160 and trying to pay for an interview appointment. I'll report back if it allows me to.

Seems like there are predetermined dates when you pay and look at interview dates, my embasy has them 2 weeks out! So pumping the breaks and will wait for my formal letter and gather everything required till then. Exciting!

Timeline
2 hours ago, poupsmith said:

Congratulations.

Our NVC case number was assigned on 15th. So it didn't leave NVC that week. I am hoping it leaves on the 29th.

If embassy in Nepal received your case from NVC within 6 days, I am sure so will in India. And I expect the ready state for my fiance on September 4th.

Please do let me know once your try to book an appointment, about how far is the first appointment available.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, poupsmith said:

Do we fill out and submit the DS160 once we get our NVC case number? Or do we need to wait for the embassy to receive the case first? 

Timeline

Received P3 this morning (or my fiancé did). We got an interview date 2 weeks out on September 6th. Scrambling for required documents now. Police record request is out and we were able to schedule medical once we booked an interview.

Completed I-134. My fiancé lived in India for a bit and they said they require a police report from any country she lived in for more than a year so this might be an issue to get in time.

Timeline
1 hour ago, poupsmith said:

Received P3 this morning (or my fiancé did). We got an interview date 2 weeks out on September 6th. Scrambling for required documents now. Police record request is out and we were able to schedule medical once we booked an interview.

Completed I-134. My fiancé lived in India for a bit and they said they require a police report from any country she lived in for more than a year so this might be an issue to get in time.

Schedule your interview. if the foreign embassy do not provide PCC on time, try to reschedule the interview.

Timeline

Finally received NVC case number today and is "at NVC"state. Do we need to open account at CEAC for future use?

NOA2 June 12

Edited by Deekol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.