92 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Simonbln said:

Just got the notice that interview got scheduled for October 17th. :)

That was quick. 

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

My Oath ceremony is tomorrow!! Slightly freaking out 🤣

Click "spoiler" below for a detailed account of our journey to a CR1 visa via DCF in Athens, Greece.

2011 - Met hubby online and became friends
Early 2013 - Confessed our love for each other * Late 2013 - I got pregnant with our daughter
2014 - Our baby was born in Athens, Greece and completed our family. We now have two boys and a girl!! 2013 - 2015 - Looking for jobs in Greece, none were available (due to socioeconomic crisis) 2015 - Decided only way to feed our family was to immigrate and started the process December 2015 - Got married (Greece has a LOT of red tape for foreigners marrying Greeks)
January 2016 - Finished gathering all documents and getting them translated
* * DCF in Athens, Greece * *

28th January 2016 - Finally filed I-130s
29th June - ISSUED!!!!!!1st July - Visa packages and passports delivered to DHL.4th July - Visas in hand! CU in two weeks USA!!
19th July- POE Detroit. All went well!! (excluding our screaming, jet lagged toddler!!)

After Arrival in the US

September 2016 - Hubby is diagnosed with congestive heart failure
October - February 2016 - Battle with drug use, overdosing, bringing home a tiny paycheck

March - July 2017 - I am working 80 hr weeks to make ends meet. Discovered hubby's affair. Still overdoses and is hospitalized. Has quit working all together.
July - October 2017 - Marriage counseling. Revealed hubby has "several" mental conditions. Is started on several mental meds.

October 2017 - Got accepted for a college course. Got better job to help raise my kids.

October 2017 - March 2018 - Situation at home is toxic. He files for divorce.

July 2018 - Divorce is final. I have full custody of our daughter.

ROC (GC expires July 19th 2018)

July 16th - Package for ROC is delivered to the CA service center (divorce waiver).

August 30th - NOA1 received with 18 month extension (fee waiver approved).

March 28th 2019 - Biometrics

August 8th 2019 - Case Approved No RFE No Interview - 10 year GC in production

N400 (Online - Detroit, MI office)
June 6th 2023 - Applied for naturalization under 5 year rule.
June 7th 2023 - Application received/Biometric will be reused.
June 16th - Interview scheduled.
July 27th - Upcoming interview.

**Our DCF journey to an IV took 5 months and 1 day from turning in the I-130 to getting "Issued"**

event.png

event.png

1 hour ago, Marrienne said:

I DID IT!!!!!

As of 10:20 am EST, I am a US citizen!!!

Oath ceremony was fun!!

Will write a detailed description later. Right now, I need to get out of these high heels and eat something 🤣🤣

Congratulations! You’re finally done

On 9/7/2023 at 6:54 PM, braxtonMI said:

Had my interview today. Officer was nice and she made me really comfortable throughout the interview. 

She did the civics test first. I answered the first six questions correctly. Reading and writing competency was simple. She asked me if I wanted to change my name since a federal judge will be at the oathtaking ceremony and asked me to review the spelling of my info on the certificate. She proceeded to review my application. Confirmed my name, address, current employer, travel history, asked yes/no questions. I had originally answered “no” for the question “have you ever been cited, arrested, etc.” on the application but when she asked me today I told her I had traffic tickets and they are paid. I offered to show my receipts and she said she doesn’t think it’s necessary. The interview went smooth and was mostly conversational. 

At the end, she told me a decision couldn’t be made because she needed to review my marital history more thoroughly (I had obtained my greencard through marriage and was only with my ex-spouse for 3 years before we separated in 2017. Divorce was finalized earlier this year and had my greencard for 9 years at this point). She told me that I will receive a letter in the mail in 2-3 weeks regarding her decision. 

I was initially disappointed that I wasn’t approved on the spot. However, on the way home, I checked my application status online was it was recommended to be approved and “Oathtaking Ceremony Will Be Scheduled.” Such a quick turn of events but I’m so relieved I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I just got the notification that my oath ceremony has been scheduled! 9/28 at 9:30 am! So excited!!! Almost over!!!

I had my civics test and interview today. I was approved on the spot. The IO said that my oath should be before the end of this month, so I’m on the home stretch! 

AOS with CR-1 Approved September 2014

Husband immigrated to New Zealand with me November 2016

Petition for IR-1 February 2018

02/02/18 Sent to Chicago lockbox from Auckland NZ

09/07/18 Arrived in the USA

12/19 Divorced

06/23 Naturalization window opens

06/12/23 N400 filed online

06/16/23 Status changed to Biometrics scheduled

07/07/23 Biometrics appointment

07/07/23 Status changed to Case is being actively reviewed

08/08/23 Status changed to Interview is scheduled

09/13/23 Interview - Approved

09/13/23 Status changed to Oath to be scheduled

09/14/23 Status changed to Oath scheduled

09/28/23 Oath appointment! I'm a US Citizen!

10/02/23 US Passport applied for with routine service and expedited shipping

11/08/23 US Passport received

11/11/23 Status changed to “Supporting documents mailed”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline
41 minutes ago, braxtonMI said:

I just got the notification that my oath ceremony has been scheduled! 9/28 at 9:30 am! So excited!!! Almost over!!!

Congrats!!!!! Almost there!!!

25 minutes ago, KiwiinMaine said:

I had my civics test and interview today. I was approved on the spot. The IO said that my oath should be before the end of this month, so I’m on the home stretch! 

Congrats!!!! Almost there!!

Click "spoiler" below for a detailed account of our journey to a CR1 visa via DCF in Athens, Greece.

2011 - Met hubby online and became friends
Early 2013 - Confessed our love for each other * Late 2013 - I got pregnant with our daughter
2014 - Our baby was born in Athens, Greece and completed our family. We now have two boys and a girl!! 2013 - 2015 - Looking for jobs in Greece, none were available (due to socioeconomic crisis) 2015 - Decided only way to feed our family was to immigrate and started the process December 2015 - Got married (Greece has a LOT of red tape for foreigners marrying Greeks)
January 2016 - Finished gathering all documents and getting them translated
* * DCF in Athens, Greece * *

28th January 2016 - Finally filed I-130s
29th June - ISSUED!!!!!!1st July - Visa packages and passports delivered to DHL.4th July - Visas in hand! CU in two weeks USA!!
19th July- POE Detroit. All went well!! (excluding our screaming, jet lagged toddler!!)

After Arrival in the US

September 2016 - Hubby is diagnosed with congestive heart failure
October - February 2016 - Battle with drug use, overdosing, bringing home a tiny paycheck

March - July 2017 - I am working 80 hr weeks to make ends meet. Discovered hubby's affair. Still overdoses and is hospitalized. Has quit working all together.
July - October 2017 - Marriage counseling. Revealed hubby has "several" mental conditions. Is started on several mental meds.

October 2017 - Got accepted for a college course. Got better job to help raise my kids.

October 2017 - March 2018 - Situation at home is toxic. He files for divorce.

July 2018 - Divorce is final. I have full custody of our daughter.

ROC (GC expires July 19th 2018)

July 16th - Package for ROC is delivered to the CA service center (divorce waiver).

August 30th - NOA1 received with 18 month extension (fee waiver approved).

March 28th 2019 - Biometrics

August 8th 2019 - Case Approved No RFE No Interview - 10 year GC in production

N400 (Online - Detroit, MI office)
June 6th 2023 - Applied for naturalization under 5 year rule.
June 7th 2023 - Application received/Biometric will be reused.
June 16th - Interview scheduled.
July 27th - Upcoming interview.

**Our DCF journey to an IV took 5 months and 1 day from turning in the I-130 to getting "Issued"**

event.png

event.png

I just received my notification of my oath date, it’s in 2 weeks! I can’t believe how quickly this step has gone. I’m so ready for this chapter to be closed. I can’t wait!  

AOS with CR-1 Approved September 2014

Husband immigrated to New Zealand with me November 2016

Petition for IR-1 February 2018

02/02/18 Sent to Chicago lockbox from Auckland NZ

09/07/18 Arrived in the USA

12/19 Divorced

06/23 Naturalization window opens

06/12/23 N400 filed online

06/16/23 Status changed to Biometrics scheduled

07/07/23 Biometrics appointment

07/07/23 Status changed to Case is being actively reviewed

08/08/23 Status changed to Interview is scheduled

09/13/23 Interview - Approved

09/13/23 Status changed to Oath to be scheduled

09/14/23 Status changed to Oath scheduled

09/28/23 Oath appointment! I'm a US Citizen!

10/02/23 US Passport applied for with routine service and expedited shipping

11/08/23 US Passport received

11/11/23 Status changed to “Supporting documents mailed”

On 9/7/2023 at 4:34 PM, Kavana said:

Got the call that my interview will be on September 20th, TN. And if I pass it will be a same day ceremony.

Which city do you live in? I had my interview on Sep 12th, in Nashville, TN. I have never heard of same-day ceremonies from any TN filers this year. It takes about 2 months to get the oath done after the interview. 

2 hours ago, MSamNashville said:

Which city do you live in? I had my interview on Sep 12th, in Nashville, TN. I have never heard of same-day ceremonies from any TN filers this year. It takes about 2 months to get the oath done after the interview. 

My field office is Memphis. I'm military so my experience is a bit different from everyone else.

7 hours ago, MSamNashville said:

hi, wondering if you received any updates after your interview, like any updates to your case status online? I too had interview at Nashville, been almost 7 weeks now with no further updates and case status still stuck at interview was scheduled. 

19 hours ago, tgif1 said:

hi, wondering if you received any updates after your interview, like any updates to your case status online? I too had interview at Nashville, been almost 7 weeks now with no further updates and case status still stuck at interview was scheduled. 

Hi, Yes, my USCIS online status changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled" right after my interview. Are you originally from Nashville, middle TN OR chattanooga/east TN? Was your application approved with a congratulatory note? Could you please share your timeline on your account so everyone gets benefitted? Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Had my N-400 interview followed by the oath ceremony 10 minutes later at Raleigh-Durham Field Office yesterday.

I was in and out in about an hour.

My pending I-751 was completely ignored and no questions were asked about my wife or marriage.

5 years and 11 months from initial I-129F filing to Naturalization.

3 years and 20 days from I-485 approval to Naturalization.

Relieved that this process is over! Time to apply for a passport, register to vote and update my social security record!

Edited by EA_

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.