Bubu123

Combo Interview but N400 Interview Cancelled by IO

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys!  Did anybody experience an IO cancelling the N400 interview and only did the  i751 interview? We came to the uscis office for a combo interview altho the notice I received was only for the N400 interview (never received notice for i751 interview). The IO separated my husband and I for interviews individually then at the end decided she will review all the details and that she will not do the n400 interview. Then the status for my n400 online shows interview cancelled and no change on i751 still shows fingerprints taken. The next day the i751 status updated to Case approved. Then I heard of of another filer that I know that she got approved of the i751 the next day after mine- no interview and she also didnt file for n400. Is it possible that another IO just adjudicated my case while the IO who interviewed me is pending action? And how soon does the uscis reschedule interviews for n400? 

Thank you for your insights! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Congratulations on I-751 being approved, but I would be furious about the canceled N-400.

1 hour ago, Bubu123 said:

Is it possible that another IO just adjudicated my case while the IO who interviewed me is pending action?

It is likely the ISO that conducted your I-751 interview is the one who adjudicated your I-751. I do not see why that matters. 

1 hour ago, Bubu123 said:

And how soon does the uscis reschedule interviews for n400?

I cannot say and doubt anyone can say.

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Congratulations on I-751 being approved, but I would be furious about the canceled N-400.

It is likely the ISO that conducted your I-751 interview is the one who adjudicated your I-751. I do not see why that matters. 

I cannot say and doubt anyone can say.

I was curious why she would separate me and my husband for interviews and based on what I’ve read online they usually do it when they are suspicious on the marriage . She did question us why we were not wearing rings and we told her we are not big on rings she was also asking for our W2 but I never seen anywhere for us to bring it, we already submitted all evidences, tax returns, bank statements, health and car insurances, my husband’s VA online account showing I’m the spouse, photos. So I was curious if it was another IO who approved my i-751 and if there’s a chance the IO who interviewed me will reverse it when she makes her decision. I’m also an overthinker so I’m probably just overthinking this 😫

Timeline
1 minute ago, Bubu123 said:

I was curious why she would separate me and my husband for interviews and based on what I’ve read online they usually do it when they are suspicious on the marriage

Not always. Some ISOs do things that way. 

3 minutes ago, Bubu123 said:

So I was curious if it was another IO who approved my i-751 and if there’s a chance the IO who interviewed me will reverse it

I’ve heard of rescinding I-485 approvals, even after a gc was sent, I’ve never seen an I-751 approval rescinded.

My impression is that in most field offices, the interviewing ISO usually no longer has authority to approve a case. Instead the case is approved by an authorized ISO or supervisor. So I do not think your ISO would have authority to rescind. All that ISO could do is report an error or new information and advise recession. 

Take the sweet win with salty cancelation. Progress!

24 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I’ve heard of rescinding I-485 approvals, even after a gc was sent, I’ve never seen an I-751 approval rescinded.

My impression is that in most field offices, the interviewing ISO usually no longer has authority to approve a case. Instead the case is approved by an authorized ISO or supervisor. So I do not think your ISO would have authority to rescind. All that ISO could do is report an error or new information and advise recession. 

Take the sweet win with salty cancelation. Progress!

Got it! This eases my overthinking, thank you so much! 

6 hours ago, Mike E said:

pretty sure anytime you are separated these days, and especially for an N400/751 interview it’s not a good thing at all and far from how they do things. Sounds like they satisfied the officer if the 751 was approved which is great but seems like there were things about the case they had concerns about.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, TeddyFazBear said:

like there were things about the case they had concerns about

Do tell? What things?

10 hours ago, Mike E said:

Do tell? What things?

Maybe they have Frenemies who sent nasty notes to USIS to spoil her progress. Lots of mean people in this world. Never know. What makes sense to us is not always other peoples opinions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.