ZRomper

May 2023 NVC Submission

154 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, mochon said:

I have submitted additional docs. Wondering if dq will be reset. As per my research it doesn't if submitted before nbc review. finger crossed

It reset the document re-review time only. However in the re-review, if there is no is additional doc requirements you can be DQ at the same time

Edited by Leo The Great

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
1 hour ago, Leo The Great said:

It reset the document re-review time only. However in the re-review, if there is no is additional doc requirements you can be DQ at the same time

Interesting, is the "re-review" time different than the standard ~14 days for review?

Mine is weird, as I didn't get a single doc rejected, just that they wanted a full 1099, instead of 1 sheet i sent.

4 hours ago, ZRomper said:

Interesting, is the "re-review" time different than the standard ~14 days for review?

Mine is weird, as I didn't get a single doc rejected, just that they wanted a full 1099, instead of 1 sheet i sent.

Re-review time is same standard time. Once you submit the requested document you go back to the end of queue starting from day you submit docs.

Edited by Leo The Great

Timeline
1 hour ago, Leo The Great said:

Re-review time is same standard time. Once you submit the requested document you go back to the end of queue starting from day you submit docs.

OMG, just got an email for my wife's DQ!! They didn't reset us after all. So it seems like if none of your docs got rejected, they take pity on you. They DQed her the next day.
image.thumb.png.36abe149c2a51036bca6963cb2452c13.png

Notice how it says Case FE Review note, doesn't mention a rejection of RFI. Maybe this looks the same for everyone, but this is my suspicion.

VJ User Submitted DQ Estimate RFI Days to RFI Resubmit DQ Actual Days to DQ
@ZRomperIR1 5/3 5/17 5/15 12 5/15 5/16 13
@ZRomperIR2 5/3 5/17 - - - 5/15 12
@Smarta 5/5 5/19          
@mochon 5/4 5/18          

16 hours ago, ZRomper said:

@ZRomperIR1 5/3 5/17       5/15 12
@ZRomperIR2 5/3 5/17 5/15 12 5/15    
@Smarta 5/5 5/19          
@mochon 5/4 5/18          

Yeah I think so, they didn't reject a single document though. But I guess it still qualifies as request for additional info. Updated chart above.

DQed 16/05/2023

Timeline
9 hours ago, mochon said:

DQed 16/05/2023

Congratz!

@ZRomperIR1 5/3 5/17       5/15 12
@ZRomperIR2 5/3 5/17 5/15 12 5/15    
@Smarta 5/5 5/19          
@mochon 5/4 5/18 - - - 5/16 12

Timeline
12 hours ago, Smarta said:

I've got a message I need to send proof of assets, all documents are accepted but no DQ 

9 hours ago, TJ&NP said:

Hi, Happy to finally join this thread! My husband and I submitted all documents yesterday 5/17/23, CR-1 category.

@ZRomperIR1 5/3 5/17 - - - 5/15 12
@ZRomperIR2 5/3 5/17 5/15 12 5/15 5/16 13
@Smarta 5/5 5/19 (After RFI) 6/1 13 - - -
@mochon 5/4 5/18 - - - 5/16 12
@TJ&NP CR1 5/17 5/31 - - - - -

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
21 hours ago, Smarta said:

Can you help me sthg. I sent requested document through public inquiry instead of adding to sponsor documents section on Ceac, do you think its OK or should I add it on Ceac? 

You should add it on ceac if possible. The public inquiry seems pretty useless in my experience.

On 5/15/2023 at 4:07 PM, ZRomper said:

So I  got what I think is an RFI today. It's a silly mistake on my part. NVC accepted all of my wife's  civil documents and my tax forms etc. My mistake is that for my 1099-NEC I attached form Copy 2 but didn't attach the first form Copy B which is the more important form. 

The message said that I should send all the  2022 1099 forms.  It said I can answer via form to NVC or upload replacement documents if some got rejected. However none of mine were rejected, says accepted next to all of them. So I just sent a pdf of both forms of my 2022 1099-nec through the NVC contact form. I uploaded it to the additional doc section but didn't submit as this would reset my documents I think. 

ZRomper could you please tell me if u pressed submitting button at the end or you just downloaded required documents and that's it? I sent the document through public inquiry but I didn't downloaded to ceac. My situation is exactly like yours. They accepted all documents just asking for sthg extra. I sent it late Thursday afternoon and no response so far. 

Timeline

34 minutes ago, Smarta said:

ZRomper could you please tell me if u pressed submitting button at the end or you just downloaded required documents and that's it? I sent the document through public inquiry but I didn't downloaded to ceac. My situation is exactly like yours. They accepted all documents just asking for sthg extra. I sent it late Thursday afternoon and no response so far. 

Definitely. I also read it exactly the same the first time and thought that just sending it through their public inquiry is enough, but the next morning I had a gnawing feeling that I should submit it as well. Guess what, it got DQd the next day, the response to my public inquiry I received only today and all it said is that our case is already DQd, that's it. So the Submit button is the most direct way they see that something has changed. Definitely submit.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Annnnd the next wait begins...! 

CR1

PD: Oct 9, 2022

Submitted Apps & Docs to NVC today: May 20, 2023...sucks DQ won't be until June, but better now than later.... 🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.