JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, haxxx said:

I agree but it does seem like NVC Research might be the most accurate info. They're most likely actually researching the petition and giving you updated information. Don't quote me on this though as I'm trying to figure things out as well.

so how do we send them a question ? is there any specific format to write to ask NVC .. also whats their email address please ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, ample waiting said:

so how do we send them a question ? is there any specific format to write to ask NVC .. also whats their email address please ?

Send an email to nvcresearch@state.gov and include  scanned copy of your I-797 Notice of Action - Approval Notice. I didn't include it in my email and they still responded.

In the subject line of your email, please type only the receipt number from your I-797 Approval Notice.

In the body of the email you can ask your question.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, ample waiting said:

SO you are saying NVC research is more accurate than public inquiry form ? this is so confusing .. they are literally rubbing it in our faces by dishing out conflicting information. first we had to bear through all these delays and now we have to face the this dilemma of figuring out what's real and what's not. Such a joke !

45 minutes ago, haxxx said:

I agree but it does seem like NVC Research might be the most accurate info. They're most likely actually researching the petition and giving you updated information. Don't quote me on this though as I'm trying to figure things out as well.

Also don't take my opinion as the truth! Hahah I would *assume* the replies from NVC Research are more accurate because they are indeed focused on researching the petitions/cases/giving you info about it. The public inquiry deals with all kinds of questions related to NVC.

To be fair, I feel they never dealt with such an amount of inquiries. People that got their NOA2s before USCIS processing times sped up didn't even bother because it took 30-45 days to get the NVC welcome letter. Now with processing times higher than before, they are having to deal with hundreds inquiries about it. And sometimes inquiries to both at the same time. So conflicting answers are bound to happen. That's just my personal assumption though from what I am seeing.

Edited by Bh_sarah

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, bruceftw said:

Just got confirmation from NVC Research that they received my USCIS package 📦 

NOA1: April 2022

NOA2: May 19, 2023

NVC rec: July 5, 2023

NVC input: TBD 

Consulate rec: TBD

Interview: TBD

Screenshot_20230705-120008_Gmail.jpg

congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, GinoNiña said:

Sometimes it’s hard to come here and read all these good news post. Noa2 is May 02😂

Hang in there. I have a feeling that youre getting good news soon too..

Edited by Shane-Debby

21 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Also don't take my opinion as the truth! Hahah I would *assume* the replies from NVC Research are more accurate because they are indeed focused on researching the petitions/cases/giving you info about it. The public inquiry deals with all kinds of questions related to NVC.

To be fair, I feel they never dealt with such an amount of inquiries. People that got their NOA2s before USCIS processing times sped up didn't even bother because it took 30-45 days to get the NVC welcome letter. Now with processing times higher than before, they are having to deal with hundreds inquiries about it. And sometimes inquiries to both at the same time. So conflicting answers are bound to happen. That's just my personal assumption though from what I am seeing.

SO contacted NVC research yesterday, they told to send the inquiry to Ask NVC lol. Its like going in circles. Seems like we have to wait for our turn patiently. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ample waiting said:

SO contacted NVC research yesterday, they told to send the inquiry to Ask NVC lol. Its like going in circles. Seems like we have to wait for our turn patiently. 

They always say to only use the public inquiry or to wait 60 days. Or 90. And wait for the welcome letter. It's standard.
But they do answer us through there any way and way faster (1 day vs. 1 week). After AskNVC took one week just to reply me with something that had nothing to do with my case... I just pretend I didn't read it! haha I guess it's okay as long as we are patient and don't send emails every day.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

On 6/30/2023 at 3:41 PM, Tere2022 said:

Thank you!

I am going to try anyway…

will share back here when I get a response!

So after inquiring to have my email address updated, now they tell me they don’t have record they received my petition, and told me to do the whole inquiry again.

i will choose to believe the initial response that they did get it lol

51 minutes ago, Tere2022 said:

So after inquiring to have my email address updated, now they tell me they don’t have record they received my petition, and told me to do the whole inquiry again.

i will choose to believe the initial response that they did get it lol

this is frustrating 😒

I sent an inquiry to AskNVC about my petition, and received two similar, but slightly different responses on the same day from two different agents. Weird

May 26, 2023 – NOA2, “Case Was Approved” – USCIS

June 30, 2023 – Sent an inquiry to “Ask NVC” to see if they received my petition. 

July 7, 2023, 7:42 am – NVC response to inquiry: “The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry and the attached I-797 Notice of Action - Approval Notice. However, we do not have a record of receiving your approved petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). We will contact USCIS to determine the location of your petition. You do not need to take any action at this time. Thank you for your patience as we work with USCIS to make sure your case is moving forward. Although the Form I-797 approval notice mentions a delay of up to 30 days for cases to be delivered to NVC from USCIS, current shipping times may be longer. Once NVC receives this petition from USCIS and enters it into our system, all case parties will receive a notice that they can begin processing if a visa number is immediately available.”

July 7, 2023, 11:01am – NVC response to inquiry: “Thank you for your inquiry. The National Visa Center (NVC) has not yet received your petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Although the Form I-797 approval notice mentions a delay of up to 30 days for cases to be delivered to NVC from USCIS, current shipping times may be longer. If you have not received a communication from NVC about this case within 60 days from the I-797 approval notice, please contact us again. Once NVC receives this petition from USCIS and enters it into our system, all case parties will receive a notice that they can begin processing if a visa number is immediately available.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.