JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Warp005 said:

Im curious where you saw that the current I-134 form expires July 31st. If that the case then i may need to redo mine.....Oh wait i see the expiration date is on the upper right corner of the form. Im glad you noticed that. Id hate to be delayed because of an expired form

Yep, it's in the form itself.
I researched about it here on VJ since the form has expired before in 2021 and 2018. Seems like an internal USCIS expiration for them to review the form, and as long as there aren't any other new forms uploaded until our interview, we're fine (I'd think even if it's released on the same week or day of your interview, embassies should accept that due to timing). I also learned that what we should look at is the edition date and it's the latest one, from January. I think it's all good. I didn't fill it yet because I still have months to go. I don't think we'll have a new one uploaded until then, but I will wait a bit more.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Yep, it's in the form itself.
I researched about it here on VJ since the form has expired before in 2021 and 2018. Seems like an internal USCIS expiration for them to review the form, and as long as there aren't any other new forms uploaded until our interview, we're fine (I'd think even if it's released on the same week or day of your interview, embassies should accept that due to timing). I also learned that what we should look at is the edition date and it's the latest one, from January. I think it's all good. I didn't fill it yet because I still have months to go. I don't think we'll have a new one uploaded until then, but I will wait a bit more.

ok good to hear. Im curious if you or anyone else has had difficulty trying to fill in the some of the fields on the I-134 form. For example, in the employemnt section it doesnt allow for any data to be entered in the fields circled in red. Ive tried multiple PDF apps and same thing. There are other fields on the form that dont work right as well. 

image.png.92156bdff725ffd792821883ba0e7fe1.png

Plus when you enter a name into the beneficiary name field it duplicates that name in the Supporter's name fileds.

image.thumb.png.5a427af5be53fc485d52ad2aa927db60.png

image.thumb.png.ec7ca677c66f6f478f14c7a336e463c8.png

Edited by Warp005

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Warp005 said:

ok good to hear. Im curious if you or anyone else has had difficulty trying to fill in the some of the fields on the I-134 form. For example, in the employemnt section it doesnt allow for any data to be entered in the fields circled in red. Ive tried multiple PDF apps and same thing. There are other fields on the form that dont work right as well.

image.png.92156bdff725ffd792821883ba0e7fe1.png

I tried filling it out and it worked for me – but I am using Adobe Acrobat (I have it due to my job).
Can you try maybe using an Adobe product, like Adobe Reader? Even if it's a free trial? It's the best option for those.

The issue I know with this form is actually the beneficiary name on Part 2 and the sponsor name on Part 3. These fields are connected to show the same info no matter what. So the solution is printing only the first page with the beneficiary name, going back, changing it, and then printing the rest with the sponsor name. I wish they uploaded a new version after July correcting this issue.

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

I tried filling it out and it worked for me – but I am using Adobe Acrobat (I have it due to my job).
Can you try maybe using an Adobe product, like Adobe Reader? Even if it's a free trial? It's the best option for those.

The issue I know with this form is actually the beneficiary name on Part 2 and the sponsor name on Part 3. These fields are connected to show the same info no matter what. So the solution is printing only the first page with the beneficiary name, going back, changing it, and then printing the rest with the sponsor name. I wish they uploaded a new version after July correcting this issue.

Yeah i used Lumen PDF to be able to edit the form but it was like recreating the wheel in order to get all the fields entered correctly. Your printing hack is genius!  I didnt even think of that. If it turns out I have to redo this form due to the expiration issue your hack will save me so much frustation. 

Edited by Warp005

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Tere2022 said:

So NVCResearch told me they got my petition and waiting for entry into the system.

What have we been seeing for TAT from arrival at NVC to welcome letter? (Or should I be calling to try to get a case number…)

Congratulations!!! you bypassed all of us waiting longer than you. Your consulate must not have a backlog. 

Just wait for the welcome letter. Good times...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

They are waiting for entry into the system. That means its not yet in the system and you don't have a case number yet, just wait. 

5 hours ago, GinoNiña said:

Congratulations!!! you bypassed all of us waiting longer than you. Your consulate must not have a backlog. 

Just wait for the welcome letter. Good times...

Thank you!!! It certainly is exciting. I will be patient.

Is that how it works with the consulate and timing of this portion of the process? That seems interesting how they can coordinate across 3 departments…

While I’m not sure when they received my case, I assume it will be a bit while longer with the dates on the NVC site.

Hope everyone hear soon!

Timeline

My actual NOA2 date was April 28th but I didn’t find out about the approval until May 2nd and I just received the email from NVC stating that they had received my petition and are in the process of creating my case number. 
I should probably be in the April group but I posted in the May group originally because that’s when I got the notification from the CaseTracker app.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Nitsua0895 said:

My actual NOA2 date was April 28th but I didn’t find out about the approval until May 2nd and I just received the email from NVC stating that they had received my petition and are in the process of creating my case number. 
I should probably be in the April group but I posted in the May group originally because that’s when I got the notification from the CaseTracker app.

No worries. Youre welcomed to stay with us May folks. :)

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Tere2022 said:

Sorry another question, is it still standard to use AskNVC to ask to update email addresses for myself and my fiancé? I saw this in a 2020 guide someone made but not sure…

Hello, Ive seen different opinions on this but everything ive researched says to use the public inquiry form for that. That guide from 2020 is very helpful but hopefully someone udates it one of these days.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Edited by Warp005

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

My fiancé just got an email from NVC with the "The National Visa Center (NVC) recently received your immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our system" update.

NOA1: April 6th 2022

NOA2: May 17th 2022

Seems like they're speeding up!

Edited by AnnaDT

Timeline
26 minutes ago, AnnaDT said:

My fiancé just got an email from NVC with the "The National Visa Center (NVC) recently received your immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our system" update.

NOA1: April 6th 2022

NOA2: May 17th 2022

Seems like they're speeding up!

Wow!!! May 17??? That makes me excited! Congratulations!!!

NOA1:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.