JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, FilledesEtoiles said:

Can you please post the link for that? I thought we needed a case number in order to start it?

yep- https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

you just need your USCIS case number for this one but be careful not to submit it until you get your packet 3 from the embassy

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tere2022 said:

I’m in the same boat as this group so I understand the frustration. I’ve accepted that it’s going to take at least 3 months. So seeing all these discussions about why or whether it is 2, 3, or 6 months seem to only add to the stress you all may be feeling?

let’s be happy we got our NOA2 and go enjoy life for another 1-2 months before we freak out again 😊

yes absolutely!! i do think everyone is a little stressed out and frustrated right now (very understandable) but this is much better than our cases sitting there with no movement on them.

it's like a bonus few months to spend with our families and make memories that we wouldn't otherwise😊

and we all know that as soon as one of us gets some more good news, it'll be posted on here and we'll all start moving forward again!

2 hours ago, 0508 said:

yep- https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

you just need your USCIS case number for this one but be careful not to submit it until you get your packet 3 from the embassy

Why do you need to wait for Packet 3 from the Embassy?  Someone in another thread said you can fill out and submit the DS-160, conduct your medical, and schedule the interview as soon as NVC status is changed to "Ready".

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sha-Lee88 said:

Why do you need to wait for Packet 3 from the Embassy?  Someone in another thread said you can fill out and submit the DS-160, conduct your medical, and schedule the interview as soon as NVC status is changed to "Ready".

he told us the packet 3 will include instructions to complete form ds-160 and provide any additional docuemnts they request prior to the interview.

so i'm thinking once the packet 3 is received, the ds-160 and other documents can be sent in

i think once all this is done, the interview and medical can be scheduled

i could be wrong tho, someone else might be able to confirm!

Timeline
48 minutes ago, 0508 said:

he told us the packet 3 will include instructions to complete form ds-160 and provide any additional docuemnts they request prior to the interview.

so i'm thinking once the packet 3 is received, the ds-160 and other documents can be sent in

i think once all this is done, the interview and medical can be scheduled

i could be wrong tho, someone else might be able to confirm!

I understood that you can schedule online once the case is ready, the DS 160 done and visa fees are paid

Timeline
1 minute ago, FilledesEtoiles said:

I understood that you can schedule online once the case is ready, the DS 160 done and visa fees are paid

yes i think this is right! :)

30 minutes ago, Mr.So said:

For K1people, do we need to worry about Public Charge and DS-5540 form?
image.png.2254e7dcec1fe11fe8db59f144f67d9c.png

Looks like the Biden administration overruled this policy. It might've applied to K1s back in 2020 (I'm not sure), but currently the only thing we need for the visa interview is form I-134 as far as I'm aware.

Anyone more knowledgeable than I am, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Timeline
13 hours ago, Pangoleen said:

Looks like the Biden administration overruled this policy. It might've applied to K1s back in 2020 (I'm not sure), but currently the only thing we need for the visa interview is form I-134 as far as I'm aware.

Anyone more knowledgeable than I am, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes they cancelled this indeed! :) 

Hi everyone! 

We just received the physical letter that USCIS approved our petition (our case changed to approved on 31/05/2023). 

I very curious to know if everyone receives the same letter. Our says “We have sent the original visa petition to the Department of State NVC” and includes the address in New Hampshire. 

My understanding was that it is taking them 90 days to actually send it, so I’m confused why this letter says that they sent it? Do you have the same?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Arturchik said:

Hi everyone! 

We just received the physical letter that USCIS approved our petition (our case changed to approved on 31/05/2023). 

I very curious to know if everyone receives the same letter. Our says “We have sent the original visa petition to the Department of State NVC” and includes the address in New Hampshire. 

My understanding was that it is taking them 90 days to actually send it, so I’m confused why this letter says that they sent it? Do you have the same?

yep everyone gets this! so i was a bit confused at first too but i think it's just the official notice that your case was approved. we got it as well😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.