Karen2021

2023 US Embassy Ankara IR1 Interview Wait Time

51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Thought I would breathe some new life into this thread since it's so hard to find updates about what's happening at the embassy in Ankara! My husband and I just received the letter for his interview appointment in Ankara on July 19th. We were DQ'ed on March 16th, so it seems like Ankara is taking 4 months to schedule interviews - at least for CR1/IR1 visas. This is consistent with what I have seen on YesilKart Forum, which is basically the Turkish version of this website.

Hope this update helps anyone who's spent hours trying to find out any news coming out of Ankara like I did!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 5/16/2023 at 1:13 AM, alexturgul28 said:

Hi everyone,

Thought I would breathe some new life into this thread since it's so hard to find updates about what's happening at the embassy in Ankara! My husband and I just received the letter for his interview appointment in Ankara on July 19th. We were DQ'ed on March 16th, so it seems like Ankara is taking 4 months to schedule interviews - at least for CR1/IR1 visas. This is consistent with what I have seen on YesilKart Forum, which is basically the Turkish version of this website.

Hope this update helps anyone who's spent hours trying to find out any news coming out of Ankara like I did!

Congratulations! Do you know if YesilKart has any information on wait times for K1 applicants? We are considering transferring our case from Warsaw, Poland to Ankara

I-1295F Sent - 12/31/2021

I-1295F NOA 1 - 01/07/2022

I-1295F NOA 2 - 03/17/2023

USCIS Shipped to NVC - 5/12/2023

NVC Received -  5/15/2023.

NVC Case Number - 5/31/2023

NVC Left: 6/8/2023

Ready At Embassy: 7/5/2023

Medical Exam: 8/14/2023

Interview Date: 8/17/2023

Flight to USA: 8/30/2023

Marriage: 9/13/2023

AOS & EAD NOA1: 10/16/2023

Bio Appt: 11/08/2023

EAD Approved: 01/06/2024

Green Card Approval ETA: 02/13/2024

On 5/16/2023 at 1:13 AM, alexturgul28 said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for shedding some light for everyone. Your case wasn't expedited was it? 

1 hour ago, PakistaniRussian said:

Congratulations! Do you know if YesilKart has any information on wait times for K1 applicants? We are considering transferring our case from Warsaw, Poland to Ankara

Why do you want to transfer your case from Warsaw to Ankara? Is there a specific reason? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Karen2021 said:

Thank you very much for shedding some light for everyone. Your case wasn't expedited was it? 

Why do you want to transfer your case from Warsaw to Ankara? Is there a specific reason? 

My fiance has been living in Turkey for 2 years and she qualifies for a transfer because she's a resident. Also, because she's Russian, she'd have to obtaim a Schengen visa and enter into Europe and then enter in Warsaw. Choosing Ankara would save us money and time (hopefully).

I-1295F Sent - 12/31/2021

I-1295F NOA 1 - 01/07/2022

I-1295F NOA 2 - 03/17/2023

USCIS Shipped to NVC - 5/12/2023

NVC Received -  5/15/2023.

NVC Case Number - 5/31/2023

NVC Left: 6/8/2023

Ready At Embassy: 7/5/2023

Medical Exam: 8/14/2023

Interview Date: 8/17/2023

Flight to USA: 8/30/2023

Marriage: 9/13/2023

AOS & EAD NOA1: 10/16/2023

Bio Appt: 11/08/2023

EAD Approved: 01/06/2024

Green Card Approval ETA: 02/13/2024

Timeline
5 hours ago, Karen2021 said:

No, my case wasn't expedited. 4-5 months seems to be the normal waiting time for CR1/IR1 interviews for Turkish citizens. 

6 hours ago, PakistaniRussian said:

I am sure YesilKart has a section for K1 applicants as well, although there seem to be a lot of K1 visas going through Ankara here on visajourney that update their timelines. You should know however that your fiancé's case may take longer to get an interview since she is not a citizen, and Ankara does prioritize citizens. Although, since K1 visa applicants schedule their own interviews, maybe you won't have this problem! I would say go for it and try to transfer the case, especially if your fiance is already a resident in Turkey.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2023 at 5:27 PM, nsc said:

I called Immıgrant Visa Unit in Ankara today about to get an idea of the wait times.. they just said: wait for your interview letter and then register/make your appointment. 

Also I was meaning to ask do you guys have any idea of CR1 visa wait time for Turkish citizens? I can't find any solid information about it. It's mostly for non-Turkish people.. or other categories.. 

Check out yesilkartforum.com there is a subject called "ir1/cr1 süreci" what is your DQ? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/15/2023 at 3:13 PM, alexturgul28 said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing this info. I looked hard to find any info on Akara timeline for CR1.

just filled NVC civil documents yesterday and now the ball is on NVC’s court. I hope we can get appointment before 2024 as my wife residency expires in Turkey by then.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 4/30/2023 at 6:44 PM, BreadGiver said:

Iran does not have a US Embassy, so they let Iranians interview in one of three embassies: Ankara, Abu Dhabi, and Yerevan. Permanent residency is not required for Iranians, because those are the only places they can have a interview.

@BreadGiver Hello, do you have any updates on your interview? My wife is also Iranian but currently residing in Turkey. I was wondering how long it has been for you and if there is any progress or update on the situation?

Edited by Lahmacun

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2023 at 9:44 PM, BreadGiver said:

Iran does not have a US Embassy, so they let Iranians interview in one of three embassies: Ankara, Abu Dhabi, and Yerevan. Permanent residency is not required for Iranians, because those are the only places they can have a interview.

did you receive an interview date was there anything you did to help speed up the process

On 5/18/2023 at 5:31 PM, Karen2021 said:

I see your spouse is also in Iraq. Did you receive your IL yet? Sorry, you're the first person I've seen that is in the same situation as me, and I'm starting to lose hope because of how long it's been taking to get an interview.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/30/2023 at 11:47 PM, gummybear02 said:

any updates?

Oh yeah, I’ve been living in the US for the past month but I’ve got my İL on June 26th and my interview date was Aug 22nd. The first entry to the US was Sep 15th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.