Karen2021

2023 US Embassy Ankara IR1 Interview Wait Time

51 posts in this topic

We have finally made it to DQ. Does anyone know the current wait-time range for IR1 Visa Interviews at the U.S. Embassy in Ankara, Turkey? Or has anyone recently had an interview scheduled there and can tell me how long it took for an interview to be scheduled? Also, do they notify us just a few weeks in advance before the interview or will they set the interview date and notify us months prior to the actual interview?

26 minutes ago, Karen2021 said:

Did you ever at any point consider trying to change the interview location to US Embassy in Abu Dhabi?

I actually changed the interview location from Abu Dhabi to Ankara. It's easier for my wife and I to go to Turkey than Abu Dhabi. In hindsight, that may not have been the best best move. However, because my wife is Iranian, the process was always going to be harder for us even if we stayed at Abu Dhabi. Also, people keep transferring cases from Ankara to Abu Dhabi and Yerevan, which is adding to the backlog at those embassies.

2 minutes ago, BreadGiver said:

I actually changed the interview location from Abu Dhabi to Ankara. It's easier for my wife and I to go to Turkey than Abu Dhabi. In hindsight, that may not have been the best best move. However, because my wife is Iranian, the process was always going to be harder for us even if we stayed at Abu Dhabi. Also, people keep transferring cases from Ankara to Abu Dhabi and Yerevan, which is adding to the backlog at those embassies.

Have you tried contacting NVC or the Immigrant Visa Unit in Ankara to get an idea of what you can expect in terms of wait time? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
9 hours ago, Karen2021 said:

Have you tried contacting NVC or the Immigrant Visa Unit in Ankara to get an idea of what you can expect in terms of wait time? 

I called Immıgrant Visa Unit in Ankara today about to get an idea of the wait times.. they just said: wait for your interview letter and then register/make your appointment. 

Also I was meaning to ask do you guys have any idea of CR1 visa wait time for Turkish citizens? I can't find any solid information about it. It's mostly for non-Turkish people.. or other categories.. 

1 hour ago, BreadGiver said:

I have. Unfortunately they just give me a generic "covid" and "NVC will work with US Embassy to schedule a interview" response.

Have you been able to find anyone here on VisaJourney that had an interview in Ankara recently and asked to see how long it took for them to have an interview scheduled? 

1 hour ago, nsc said:

"they just said: wait for your interview letter and then register/make your appointment" 

You mention "register/make your appointment" ... are you sure that this doesn't pertain to K1 Visas? I thought IR1 interview appointments were scheduled by the corresponding Embassy's IV Unit. Can you clarify?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Karen2021 said:

You mention "register/make your appointment" ... are you sure that this doesn't pertain to K1 Visas? I thought IR1 interview appointments were scheduled by the corresponding Embassy's IV Unit. Can you clarify?

Yeah I am. My visa category is CR1 and I told them that I want to get information about immigrant visa.. and mentioned that "my husband is a US citizen" which since I am married, my last name is not Turkish now.. so they could pick it up that I am not asking for K1 visas.. They said either we will get an invitation about where they will say that they have the appointment date for us so we will register it to the system or they will send the invitation mail with the instructions how we can make the appointment. So either way, we have to wait for the Interview Letter/Invitation first. Idk about IR1 visa appointments. I'm on CR1.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.