Karen2021

2023 US Embassy Ankara IR1 Interview Wait Time

51 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, nsc said:

Yeah I am. My visa category is CR1 and I told them that I want to get information about immigrant visa.. and mentioned that "my husband is a US citizen" which since I am married, my last name is not Turkish now.. so they could pick it up that I am not asking for K1 visas.. They said either we will get an invitation about where they will say that they have the appointment date for us so we will register it to the system or they will send the invitation mail with the instructions how we can make the appointment. So either way, we have to wait for the Interview Letter/Invitation first. Idk about IR1 visa appointments. I'm on CR1.. 

How long have you been waiting since you've gotten Documentarily Qualified (DQ)? or rather when did you get DQ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 minute ago, Karen2021 said:

How long have you been waiting since you've gotten Documentarily Qualified (DQ)? or rather when did you get DQ? 

We submitted documents on April 6th and got RFE on April 19th.. So still waiting. I know most of you guys are waiting longer than us but I just want to get some idea of how long we have to wait for the interview.. 🥺

2 minutes ago, nsc said:

We submitted documents on April 6th and got RFE on April 19th.. So still waiting. I know most of you guys are waiting longer than us but I just want to get some idea of how long we have to wait for the interview.. 🥺

Oh I see so you still have to send in more documents. If I were you I'd focus on that for the time being and make sure you get DQ first. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Karen2021 said:

Oh I see so you still have to send in more documents. If I were you I'd focus on that for the time being and make sure you get DQ first. 

Thank you for the advice. We did, they did reject my birth certificate because I accidently uploaded the one with my marriage last name instead of the one with my maiden last name (Because on our e-government system' after a woman get married the government closes the previous last names but still able to get a document of the previous ones). So we did it and everything is good now.. hopefully. We didnt get any other rejection or something. All the other documents are accepted. 

On 4/26/2023 at 12:54 AM, Chancy said:

*** Moved from IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures to US Embassy & Consulate Discussion, as the topic is about interview scheduling at a specific consulate ***

Hello. Do you know if IR1 Visa Scheduling at US Embassies is first come first serve basis or are there other factors involved? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 4/26/2023 at 7:16 PM, nsc said:

they did reject my birth certificate because I accidently uploaded the one with my marriage last name instead of the one with my maiden last name (Because on our e-government system' after a woman get married the government closes the previous last names but still able to get a document of the previous ones). 

Wait.. Didn't they accept your birth certificate since it contains your marriage last name instead of your maiden last name even if you took it from e-government?

We had submitted the same doc with my wife's marriage last name into I-130 appication and USCIS accepted it

Timeline
On 4/26/2023 at 7:34 AM, BreadGiver said:

I actually changed the interview location from Abu Dhabi to Ankara. It's easier for my wife and I to go to Turkey than Abu Dhabi. In hindsight, that may not have been the best best move. However, because my wife is Iranian, the process was always going to be harder for us even if we stayed at Abu Dhabi. Also, people keep transferring cases from Ankara to Abu Dhabi and Yerevan, which is adding to the backlog at those embassies.

How they are able to transfer their cases from Ankara to Abu Dhabi? Is it possible? Shouldn't they have to be resident/citizen of UAE?

Timeline
34 minutes ago, ICU90617 said:

Wait.. Didn't they accept your birth certificate since it contains your marriage last name instead of your maiden last name even if you took it from e-government?

We had submitted the same doc with my wife's marriage last name into I-130 appication and USCIS accepted it

NVC didn’t accept it. USCIS had it with my maiden name so they accepted it. And yeah I took it from e-government but it said rejected. All the other documents were accepted. It contained my maiden last name as well actually under the section of “explanations” but it had my marriage last name on the top. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, nsc said:

NVC didn’t accept it. USCIS had it with my maiden name so they accepted it. And yeah I took it from e-government but it said rejected. All the other documents were accepted. It contained my maiden last name as well actually under the section of “explanations” but it had my marriage last name on the top. 

That's really stupid.

As you said it is on the explanations section, meaning it is still on the document yet they don't accept it.

So then you didn't upload joint birth certificates, which contains your marriage surname, but seperate birth certificates (i.e. only your birth certificate with your maiden surname)

Timeline
9 minutes ago, ICU90617 said:

That's really stupid.

As you said it is on the explanations section, meaning it is still on the document yet they don't accept it.

So then you didn't upload joint birth certificates, which contains your marriage surname, but seperate birth certificates (i.e. only your birth certificate with your maiden surname)

Yeah it’s really stupid and made us wait longer than it was supposed to be. 

No, I didn’t upload joint birth certificates which contains my maiden and marriage surnames. Though I uploaded my whole family certificate as jointly with my birth certificate that they can see my parents and siblings with the same (my maiden) surname. Hopefully they’ll accept it this time. Lol. 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, nsc said:

Yeah it’s really stupid and made us wait longer than it was supposed to be. 

No, I didn’t upload joint birth certificates which contains my maiden and marriage surnames. Though I uploaded my whole family certificate as jointly with my birth certificate that they can see my parents and siblings with the same (my maiden) surname. Hopefully they’ll accept it this time. Lol. 

Hope you get it soon

On 4/28/2023 at 2:22 PM, ICU90617 said:

How they are able to transfer their cases from Ankara to Abu Dhabi? Is it possible? Shouldn't they have to be resident/citizen of UAE?

Iran does not have a US Embassy, so they let Iranians interview in one of three embassies: Ankara, Abu Dhabi, and Yerevan. Permanent residency is not required for Iranians, because those are the only places they can have a interview.

Timeline
1 hour ago, BreadGiver said:

Iran does not have a US Embassy, so they let Iranians interview in one of three embassies: Ankara, Abu Dhabi, and Yerevan. Permanent residency is not required for Iranians, because those are the only places they can have a interview.

That explains it well enough :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.