Marshae04

Case in Administrative Processing Why?

60 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Keeping the passport doesn’t mean anything at all.

Casablanca consulate kept my wife’s passport since May 17 2022, and we are still waiting for an answer

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, etrangais said:

Keeping the passport doesn’t mean anything at all.

Casablanca consulate kept my wife’s passport since May 17 2022, and we are still waiting for an answer

What!!! no way? They still have her passport? I thought they have to give a response within 60 days? You mean tell me that they have held her passport for almost a year? And still nothing? That sounds fishy have you tried to contact them by email or phone? This is the first ive heard of this situation

Edited by Marshae04

Timeline
Just now, Marshae04 said:

What!!! no way? They still have her passport? I thought they have to give a response within 60 days?

yes they still have her passport, and the case status never changed from Ready since the case was transferred from NVC to the consulate on April 15 2022

Timeline
Just now, etrangais said:

yes they still have her passport, and the case status never changed from Ready since the case was transferred from NVC to the consulate on April 15 2022

Are they saying anything to you guys? Are they telling you that you're missing documents?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Marshae04 said:

What!!! no way? They still have her passport? I thought they have to give a response within 60 days? You mean tell me that they have held her passport for almost a year? And still nothing? That sounds fishy have you tried to contact them by email or phone? This is the first ive heard of this situation

Several people go through the same treatment in Africa and MENA countries. Only can hope for the best.

they don’t answer emails (they feel they don’t have to). And there is no phone number to contact them directly

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Marshae04 said:

Are they saying anything to you guys? Are they telling you that you're missing documents?

They have everything they need. They called my wife for a second interview in February 2023 and asked for pictures from my last visit (December 2022). They asked the same blanket questions and took the pictures. They told her all is good and they will call her for the next steps. And they went silent again

Timeline
1 minute ago, etrangais said:

Several people go through the same treatment in Africa and MENA countries. Only can hope for the best.

they don’t answer emails (they feel they don’t have to). And there is no phone number to contact them directly

I would really hope and pray that isn't our situation cause that's insane! The website clearly states that they can't hold your passport after 60 days when it's in AP

Timeline
Just now, etrangais said:

They have everything they need. They called my wife for a second interview in February 2023 and asked for pictures from my last visit (December 2022). They asked the same blanket questions and took the pictures. They told her all is good and they will call her for the next steps. And they went silent again

Wow!!! 😟I wonder what can be the hold up Have you tried emailing them?

Timeline
Just now, Marshae04 said:

Wow!!! 😟I wonder what can be the hold up Have you tried emailing them?

They only answer the first email with a bogus reply stating the case is under AP, and then the following emails go to their junk folder.

all we can do is wait, hoping for an approval every week. We started to hate weekends and holidays because we know they don’t work. Monday is my favorite day of the week now

2 hours ago, Marshae04 said:

I would really hope and pray that isn't our situation cause that's insane! The website clearly states that they can't hold your passport after 60 days when it's in AP

They certainly can, but you can always request to have it returned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Marshae04, please understand that what happens at one consulate isn't automatically applicable to what happens at another.

If you weren't handed a 221g for missing requirements, and they kept the passport, have hope.  Keep us apprised of developments.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

16 hours ago, Marshae04 said:

Good afternoon 

My husband went for his interview last week he was prepared and had everything they asked for plus more. He got to the interview bright and early. The consular asked him around 5-6 questions but she was tricky and kept repeating back his answer but twisting what he said, nevertheless he said he was on his P's & Q's and he answered everything correctly.  She gave him a white paper and on the bottom, she wrote Administrative Processing.  He said he asked her politely if there was anything that was missing she stated no he had everything she needed and they will let him know his status.  She then took his passport and gave him the paper.  Since then we haven't heard anything the status of the visa was refused for a week then it was changed to Administrative Processing last week.  We are so confused and lost because we don't know what's happening.  Can anyone tell me what's going on? We waited over 2yrs just to get to this point now we're in Limbo.  We're very frustrated, to say the least mentally and emotionally exhausted! Has this happened to anyone before? It's going on 2 wks and we still don't know if he was approved or denied 😰

AP is not just for incomplete or insufficient documents, it is also for vetting and verification. If your status changed to “Administrative Processing” on CEAC from “Refused” it’s usually a good thing, it means they’re almost ready to issue the visa. If they weren’t, it would remain in “Refused (long text)” while 221g AP is sorted.

Timeline

I agree with @TBoneTX that each and every case is different and that what happens in one consulate does not translate to other consulates.

I have been tracking cases at the Casablanca Consulate that went from Ready to Refused for almost a year, and then Expired for almost a week or two before it changed to Refused, and than it changed completed to a NonImmigrant Visa Application with Application Received status

Things can be crazy

Timeline
45 minutes ago, etrangais said:

I agree with @TBoneTX that each and every case is different and that what happens in one consulate does not translate to other consulates.

I have been tracking cases at the Casablanca Consulate that went from Ready to Refused for almost a year, and then Expired for almost a week or two before it changed to Refused, and than it changed completed to a NonImmigrant Visa Application with Application Received status

Things can be crazy

😟 That is crazy

7 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Marshae04, please understand that what happens at one consulate isn't automatically applicable to what happens at another.

If you weren't handed a 221g for missing requirements, and they kept the passport, have hope.  Keep us apprised of developments.

Thank you so much! Hopefully we'll have so good news soon

Timeline
52 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

AP is not just for incomplete or insufficient documents, it is also for vetting and verification. If your status changed to “Administrative Processing” on CEAC from “Refused” it’s usually a good thing, it means they’re almost ready to issue the visa. If they weren’t, it would remain in “Refused (long text)” while 221g AP is sorted.

Thank you this gives me some hope 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.