37 posts in this topic

Couldn't find anything for March but if one already exists please merge it there. Thanks

Got married in the Philippines March 18th, (second time, long story lol, more on that later) Came home and got the I-130 done online and filed it yesterday (29th) just under the wire for march but I made it. Got my standard email notice it was received and looked at to be sent somewhere, soon I hope.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hi!

Figured I'd join the topic.

Originally filed for a K1 in September 2022, decided a CR1 would be the better option, thus withdrew the K1 petition in after getting married in February 2023 (never got a notification of acceptance for the withdrawal though)

Filed for CR1, March 2nd, 2023 through the online system, NOA1 received the same day.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

We got married in Khartoum,sudan in september. We filled in March . I'm a USC.

We are at Potomac.

Uhhhh. The waiting begins. 

My family fled Khartoum and is now at the border of Egypt. 

Filled and expedite request for humanitarian reasons... And that was a nooooo..... 

Wonderful ...

Just got to keep smiling. 

On 4/27/2023 at 4:48 AM, Nanya said:

We got married in Khartoum,sudan in september. We filled in March . I'm a USC.

We are at Potomac.

Uhhhh. The waiting begins. 

My family fled Khartoum and is now at the border of Egypt. 

Filled and expedite request for humanitarian reasons... And that was a nooooo..... 

Wonderful ...

Just got to keep smiling. 

Im so sorry that happend to you. Why did they even deny you ?situation is bad in Sudan right now but seriously good luck they shouldnt deny expedite for people in conflict zones.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

I really don't know why . It's a very sad situation. All I know is it was a very quick denial  . They said we did not meet the criteria for humanteran epadite. These people at the border have nothing. My husband and I have know each other for over 10 years .

It breaks my heart to even think my family is in this situation. 

They probably won't withdraw it, they'll still run both of them and whichever one process is first will get them here quicker. Everything I read said there was no need to file both that they were processing at the same time so I only did the cr1 but I was looking at some stuff the other day and it looks like the K's are going faster so I'm filling out that paperwork and I'm going to send it in also, it can't hurt.

• 1 month later...

Our petition was approved today. 82 days from PD (3/23). 

CR1- consular processing (husband in Tunisia) I am a USC
Service center: Texas (per Emma)

3/1/23- marriage in Tunisia 
3/23/23- submitted I-130 online
3/23/23- first active review 
3/24/24- mailed I-129f 
4/1/23- I-129f received 
6/13/23- submitted expedite request via Emma (I'm a disabled veteran)
6/13/23- email received denying my expedite 
6/13/23- second active review
6/13/23- approval notice in documents!!!! 

I'm honestly shocked, we've been crying, I was running up and down my hallways at work screaming.

2 hours ago, carlyirene said:

3/24/24- mailed I-129f 
4/1/23- I-129f received 

I'm honestly shocked, we've been crying, I was running up and down my hallways at work screaming.

Wow, congratulations. Hope they're moving fast on everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2023 at 1:03 AM, carlyirene said:

3/24/24- mailed I-129f 
4/1/23- I-129f received 

Wow that's great! Congratulations!! 

I applied in March 27. At the beginning the estimated processing time shown on the website was 11 months, now it has changed to 5 months. So I'm trying to be optimistic. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
On 6/14/2023 at 12:03 AM, carlyirene said:

3/24/24- mailed I-129f 
4/1/23- I-129f received 

When you sent the I129F form, Did you also  have to send all of the documents you had already sent with the form I130? Like the marriage certificate and the proof of a bonafide marriage

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

My earlier timeline went into taking longer than expected (although that came as no surprise), but since yesterday it shows 2 weeks again.. keeping my fingers crossed.

We did very recently file an I-129F for the K3, unsure if that had any effect on the timeline it shows though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.