fritz222

How many K1 visas are you allowed to apply for

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am curious to know, how many K1 visas a person can apply for in a lifetime. I myself have applied twice and I had to cancel both before they were approved for different reasons. Also if the answer is two,what happens if I get married in a foreign country. Can I apply for a spousal visa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
According to the Immigration Marriage Brokers Act of 2005, a US citizen can only petition for two K1 visas. If the first marriage fails or never occurs, the American petitioner must wait two years to apply for a new K-1 visa, even if it is on behalf of the same person.

Marry and apply for spouse visa

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:
According to the Immigration Marriage Brokers Act of 2005, a US citizen can only petition for two K1 visas. If the first marriage fails or never occurs, the American petitioner must wait two years to apply for a new K-1 visa, even if it is on behalf of the same person.

Thank you

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

This is 100% incorrect per USCIS

Item Numbers 5.a. - 5.d. Multiple Filer Waiver Request. You must request a waiver of the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA) filing limitations if: 1. You are filing this petition on behalf of your fiancé(e) and you previously filed Form I-129Fs on behalf of two or more fiancé(e) beneficiaries; or 2. You are filing this petition on behalf of your fiancé(e), you have previously had a Form I-129F approved, and less than two years have passed since the filing date of your previously approved petition

Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) (uscis.gov)

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Bill Oxner said:

You can file as many as you want per USCIS

After 2 you need to file a waiver which is just a short explanation and they are approved, no biggie and easy peasy.

Thank you sir, would you happen to know the form number

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
13 hours ago, Bill Oxner said:

This is 100% incorrect per USCIS

Item Numbers 5.a. - 5.d. Multiple Filer Waiver Request. You must request a waiver of the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA) filing limitations if: 1. You are filing this petition on behalf of your fiancé(e) and you previously filed Form I-129Fs on behalf of two or more fiancé(e) b

If you filed two or more previous I-129F petitions for a fiancé—or if you filed a petition for a fiancé within the last two years—you will need a waiver of your multiple filings in order to go forward with a new petition. In other words, if you submit a new I-129F petition without asking for a waiver, USCIS is likely to reject it and send it back to you, or accept it and send you a request for evidence, thus delaying the process.

This is required by the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA) and is meant to protect both you and the foreign fiancé—meaning that USCIS wants to make sure your relationship is legitimate and free from abuse. It sees multiple I-129F filings as a red flag; a pattern possibly indicating attempted sham marriages.

True but it causes RED FLAGS  to immigration

2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

True but it causes RED FLAGS  to immigration

Again this if false and untrue,  Please stop posting false information on this forum

How many have you filed a K1 and did it cause a red flag? I am thinking your answer will be I have never file 2 or more K1's, this is what I think

I can tell you from reality it caused no red flags and maybe could possibly  speed up the process since the petitioner has already been vetted by USCIS once.  Nothing mentioned at Embassy Interview regarding past K1's applications, only about a 3 minute interview consisting of maybe 7 questions and boom you are approved.  

16 hours ago, johnale11 said:

no sample letter possible because everyone's facts and circumstances are different... simply write a statement(s) explaining your situation in a brief and factual manner and end the statement(s) with "based on the previous statement(s) I hereby request a waiver from the I-129F multiple filing limitations" or something like that.

Edited by Bill Oxner

18 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Again another false comment

Show me where USCIS on a I-129F form states you must wait two years to apply for a new K1.

I will await your answer.

16 hours ago, johnale11 said:

Here is some examples from VisaJourney in the past: I will include the link and a sample letter:

The letter need not be complicated. Can be as simple as the sample below.

[Date]

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

[ ] Service Center

PO Box xxxxxx

Any Town, Any State

To Whom It May Concern:

In compliance with the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA), I respectfully request for waiver on filing limitations in connection with my current petition.

A waiver is appropriate in my circumstance because I have no criminal history with regard to the “specified crimes” under IMBRA. I have one prior approved Form I-129F for Ms. xxxxxxxxxxxxx of the Republic of the Philippines, WACxxxxxxxxxx, MNL2005xxxxxx. Our relationship did not work out in the end so I did not pursue the petition anymore. [You might want to add more info here as appropriate]

Hoping for your kind consideration of my request.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

x x x

Petitioner

Waiver letter for 2nd k1 visa - IMBRA Special Topics - VisaJourney

7 minutes ago, African Zealot said:

Why do people want to be filing multiple K1’s though? At some point American partners should become an option, no? 😂

This is visa website for US Visas.

I would say about 100% of the people posting on here for K1 the other person lives outside of the USA

There is no need for a US Citizen to get a visa for another US Citizen to marry.

No need to beliitle someone, we are here to help them and furnish them with information that will help them.  Just remember immigration isn't something we are taught in school, we have sites like this to help us learn and gain information. I am sure most if not all of us were lost when we started our visa journey.

Edited by Bill Oxner

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

******  Many derogatory and non contributory posts removed. Post locked as Op got the correct answer ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.