D. Sala

I-751 March 2023 Filers

483 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Gugug4 said:

Hi. Im jumping in in this conversation. I mailed my application to phoenix lockbox April 19th, my check was cashed May 5th and till today i have not received a receipt or any documentation from USCIS. I need guidance on how to apeak to a human at USCIS. I cannot pass through the 1st robotic routing system. Please help.

This been like 2 years ago, but I found that asking for "technical assistance" during the prompts got me a live agent. I'm not sure if that still works, but may still be worth an attempt! 

21 minutes ago, Hope2023 said:

These are all March 2023 cases for IOE on the casestatusext tracking site, I know everyone's case is different and processing times are not guaranteed. But it is very interesting to see how some of the cases are being processed within weeks/months!

Screenshot 2023-06-08 161459.png

Wow, that's interesting. How do you filter for the March cases?

Edited by Fenja

So when you go on casestatusext.com

on the menu Approval Analysis select form I-751

select IOE and you'll see all the approvals for each day!

I clicked on one of the receipt numbers that were approved yesterday and below it just showed a bunch of March approvals, I thought that was so interesting.

Edited by Hope2023

8 minutes ago, Hope2023 said:

So when you go on casestatusext.com

on the menu Approval Analysis select form I-751

select IOE and you'll see all the approvals for each day!

I clicked on one of the receipt numbers that were approved yesterday and below it just showed a bunch of March approvals, I thought that was so interesting.

It would be interesting to know what service center these are being processed/approved from. Whether it is those cases generally or only from one of the centers. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
On 6/7/2023 at 9:48 AM, Asmuo said:

I'll do my best to help! To preface - they haven't resolved my situation yet. I made a post on Reddit about this issue and was told to contact the USCIS Ombudsman, which I did, and to request an ADIT stamp while I wait for my receipt notice. The USCIS has not been very effective at resolving the issue, so contact them with the knowledge that this likely will take some time. 

Call them, when they ask you to speak, say "reschedule interview". Then, when the robot asks to clarify, say "interview". This should take you to a real agent to speak to. In my experience, they weren't very useful, but if your green card is expiring soon, you can ask them for an ADIT stamp and they'll schedule an appointment with a Tier 2 officer for you. 

ALSO - 30 days have not yet passed from the time you sent out the application. They are very likely to tell you to just wait for it in the mail still. You just might get it considering your check was cashed only a couple of days ago. I think you'll get your letter very soon!

Thanks so much for your help. I managed to speak to a human and they gave me ny receipt number.

9 hours ago, Gugug4 said:

Thanks so much for your help. I managed to speak to a human and they gave me ny receipt number.

Happy to help!! 😊 On the other hand, I finally got confirmation on my ADIT and my case status is now "being actively reviewed", so I think I'm finally getting through! Hopefully the letter will be here within the week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
11 hours ago, Asmuo said:

Happy to help!! 😊 On the other hand, I finally got confirmation on my ADIT and my case status is now "being actively reviewed", so I think I'm finally getting through! Hopefully the letter will be here within the week.

Thats good news! Please  do keep us posted on your progress. Your posts have been very informative for people like us who are experiencing hiccups during this process.

On 6/8/2023 at 1:20 PM, Hope2023 said:

These are all March 2023 cases for IOE on the casestatusext tracking site, I know everyone's case is different and processing times are not guaranteed. But it is very interesting to see how some of the cases are being processed within weeks/months!

Screenshot 2023-06-08 161459.png

Wow, great find. I know some people were saying the new IOE cases from earlier this year were supposed to be processed quickly...lets hope that is what is happening!

Correct me if I am wrong but I think the IOEs for i-751 only started for March 2023 filers? unless there were Feb 2023 filers who got IOE too. Most Feb filers for i751 got the normal MSC, EAC, WAC, LIN prefixes. March 2023 are almost all IOEs.. Like I said, correct me if I am wrong.

4 hours ago, CCCas said:

Correct me if I am wrong but I think the IOEs for i-751 only started for March 2023 filers? unless there were Feb 2023 filers who got IOE too. Most Feb filers for i751 got the normal MSC, EAC, WAC, LIN prefixes. March 2023 are almost all IOEs.. Like I said, correct me if I am wrong.

No, There are a few IOE approvals for January and February 2023 as well and even as far back as September 2022. So I think they have been issuing out IOEs here and there in the past but not as consistent. However, it seems they began issuing IOE for everyone starting March 2023 in my opinion.

7 hours ago, AM_2020 said:

No, There are a few IOE approvals for January and February 2023 as well and even as far back as September 2022. So I think they have been issuing out IOEs here and there in the past but not as consistent. However, it seems they began issuing IOE for everyone starting March 2023 in my opinion.

Yep this is my understanding as well, the IOE cases were on trial run before March where they were sporadically used. Guess it was successful so now its been widely adopted :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Absolutely ridiculous seeing people approved within weeks when there are thousands of cases still awaiting approval since 2021 and beyond. You'd often wonder what's going on at USCIS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, interprime said:

Absolutely ridiculous seeing people approved within weeks when there are thousands of cases still awaiting approval since 2021 and beyond. You'd often wonder what's going on at USCIS.

Agree.  We had a rock-solid case filed in March 2019.....no RFEs.... took 44 months to approve.   Obviously, they are processing some cases LIFO to boost the image of increased production. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.