D. Sala

I-751 March 2023 Filers

483 posts in this topic

Which field office processes IOE code?

IOE is the code. As we know, the three letters before your receipt number usually indicate the office or service center where your case is being processed. In the case of the IOE code, I don’t actually know what that stands for or if it stands for anything, but, it means is that it was a digitally filed application.

So, you filed it digitally, or in some cases, forms like the I-485, USCIS will take the paper application that you sent and then scan it and digitize it and turn it into a digital file for adjudication. Those IOE forms mean that your case is being processed digitally, which is usually good news because those cases tend to flow through the system a bit faster.

You don’t have to wait for them to move your file around. And at the point at which the adjudicator is ready to approve your case, they can simply do that in the system, and it will send an automated message to the green card processing and printing facility to go ahead and print and ship your green card.

That’s one thing that the USA has really been trying to push forward with is this modernization and digitalization of their process. And, if you get this receipt number, that indicates that you’re one of the people who are part of that process.

https://www.boundless.com/blog/former-uscis-officer-answers-immigration-questions/

Edited by CCCas

Yeah, I thought so. New process for the USCIS to make things faster and/or easier, maybe. I also watched some videos saying that once we get the NOA1 we will be able to see the assigned processing center at the bottom of the page. 

Edited by chonds

I-751 Timeline:

February 28, 2023 - Package sent to Phoenix lockbox

March 1, 2023 - Package received

March 3, 2023 - Credit card charged

March 6, 2023 - Text message received and receipt number assigned

March 11, 2023 - 3 letters in my mailbox:

• NOA1 (48 months extension)
  • Fingerprints and other biometrics reused 
  • Online Access Code for the case

9 minutes ago, chonds said:

Yeah, I thought so. New process for the USCIS to make things faster and/or easier, maybe. I also watched some videos saying that once we get the NOA1 we will be able to see the assigned processing center at the bottom of the page. 

Let us know when you get the letter, please. AFAIK, it's not shown there, but maybe I am wrong.

4 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Let us know when you get the letter, please. AFAIK, it's not shown there, but maybe I am wrong.

Sure I will! 

So far:

Package received - March 1

CC charged - March 3

Text message - March 6

I hope it doesn’t take long to get it. 

I-751 Timeline:

2 hours ago, chonds said:

Sure I will! 

So far:

Package received - March 1

CC charged - March 3

Text message - March 6

I hope it doesn’t take long to get it. 

This is what it shows when I check the status of the case:

147433582_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.225e9c434ead6a88108450636bad93f6.png

I-751 Timeline:

Short update:

3/1 - packet sent (overnight) to Phoenix lockbox

3/2 - packet received by Phoenix lockbox

3/6 - check cashed by USCIS

<forgot to send G-1450>

3/7 - called USCIS to get a case number: IOE0919XXXXXXXXXX, and they also said that the NOA1 was mailed on this day

3/8 - online status changed to "case is being actively reviewed by USCIS"

Still no NOA1 but hopefully I get it soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
24 minutes ago, samdog said:

Short update:

3/1 - packet sent (overnight) to Phoenix lockbox

3/2 - packet received by Phoenix lockbox

3/6 - check cashed by USCIS

<forgot to send G-1450>

3/7 - called USCIS to get a case number: IOE0919XXXXXXXXXX, and they also said that the NOA1 was mailed on this day

3/8 - online status changed to "case is being actively reviewed by USCIS"

Still no NOA1 but hopefully I get it soon.

You called USCIS for a case number?  It's been only a few days.  Patience is the key, especially for an I-751.  That "..is being actively reviewed..." stuff is not what it appears.   Prepare yourself for a long ride.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Just now, Crazy Cat said:

It's been only a few days.  Patience is the key, especially for an I-751.  That "..is being actively reviewed..." stuff is not what it appears.   Prepare yourself for a long ride.

Agreed - all I need right now is the receipt with 24/36/48 month extension. Once I have that I know it'll take a long, long, loooong time for the I-751 (and I've read that sometimes I-751 never gets to a decision because people file N400 and have that approved)

Timeline
8 minutes ago, samdog said:

and I've read that sometimes I-751 never gets to a decision because people file N400 and have that approved)

That has certainly been true for some of us.  In my wife's case, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1, it took 44 months for approval for the I-751, and it took 4 months for approval of the N-400.  It took filing the N-400 to "unstick" the I-751 (combo interview).

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Fenja said:

I know it hasn't been long at all yet, but at what point do you contact USCIS if you don't hear anything about your petition? 

I suppose you could contact them once your case is outside normal processing times, but the extension letters extend the date on your Green Card for 4 years. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Fenja said:

I know it hasn't been long at all yet, but at what point do you contact USCIS if you don't hear anything about your petition? 

Depends on what you mean by "if you don't hear anything". If you go 2 months without even receiving the extension letter, then you need to reach out to see if you can get your receipt/extension. 

However if you're referring to receiving an approval/interview/RFE, there's no point in inquiring until you are outside of normal processing times. For many service centers this is 18-24 months. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

2 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

I suppose you could contact them once your case is outside normal processing times, but the extension letters extend the date on your Green Card for 4 years. 

1 minute ago, beloved_dingo said:

Depends on what you mean by "if you don't hear anything". If you go 2 months without even receiving the extension letter, then you need to reach out to see if you can get your receipt/extension. 

However if you're referring to receiving an approval/interview/RFE, there's no point in inquiring until you are outside of normal processing times. For many service centers this is 18-24 months. 

I'm talking about not even getting NOA1 and not getting a charge on your credit card. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fenja said:

I'm talking about not even getting NOA1 and not getting a charge on your credit card. 

I would give them 6 weeks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.