D. Sala

I-751 March 2023 Filers

482 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, CCCas said:

do you need the extension in hand too even if your current GC is still valid? just wondering

No, but if you have less than 3 months left on GC and travelling abroad you really should have a I-551 stamp valid for 6+ months or extension letter for GC. The last thing you want is cancelled flight or get sick or something similar to 2020 when borders where closed. Then you can get stuck abroad with expired GC.

Edited by OldUser

1 hour ago, CCCas said:

do you need the extension in hand too even if your current GC is still valid? just wondering

If your current GC will be valid when you re-enter, they won’t even ask for extension letter.

until when is your GC valid and when are you planning to re-enter US?

I am still thinking you might get your 48 month extension notice in mail this week, even if it got delayed than the biometric reuse notice. It could be some delay with USPS.

Edited by annrose

I-751 Timeline:

Jan 12, 2022 : Sent I-751 application package via USPS

Jan 14, 2022 : Delivered to USCIS Phoenix lockbox

Timeline update: 

03/04 package sent

03/06 package delivered

03/08 receipt date on online status

03/09 CC charged

03/10 Text with receipt number

03/14 Case updated to being 'actively reviewed' 

4 hours ago, Fenja said:

Timeline update: 

03/04 package sent

03/06 package delivered

03/08 receipt date on online status

03/09 CC charged

03/10 Text with receipt number

03/14 Case updated to being 'actively reviewed' 

Cool. I got the same case update now.

Are you able to see the receipt notice in your online account documents tab?

I-751 Timeline:

Jan 12, 2022 : Sent I-751 application package via USPS

Jan 14, 2022 : Delivered to USCIS Phoenix lockbox

Hi all,

My GC will expire in April, so I’m getting ready to send my I-751 and other documents. I have some questions…I would much appreciate if you could give me advice or answer the questions below :)

1. How can I check the status of Form AR-11 or if my address is updated? I recently realized that I forgot to submit Form AR-11, so I did it online almost a year after I moved to my current house. I see many people saying their NOA or biometric appointment letter went to their old address, so I’d like to avoid it.

2. Did you or are you planning to submit your evidence documents of the relationship for two or three years? The instruction of I-751 mentioned the documents from the date of the marriage to present which mean I need to prepare my joint bank account with transaction history and utility bills for three years (2020, 2021, 2022). I’m afraid that the package will be super heavy…

3. Do we need to submit our and spouse’s passport or driver license copies? I don’t see that on the instruction of Form I-751, but I see some people submitting them, so I’m curious if we need those.

4. Do we need to add the spouse name in Preparer’s info section on Form I-751? I’m curious if we can leave it blank or fill my spouse name since this form should be file jointly.

5. Can I use the USCIS Online Account Number on NOA paper for my expired I-765 (I had I-765 till I received my current GC) for Form I-751 even I didn’t create my account with the number? I created my account before I receive that NOA.

Thanks,

April

Edited by April_L

20 minutes ago, April_L said:

2. Did you or are you planning to submit your evidence documents of the relationship for two or three years? The instruction of I-751 mentioned the documents from the date of the marriage to present which mean I need to prepare my joint bank account with transaction history and utility bills for three years (2020, 2021, 2022). I’m afraid that the package will be super heavy…

Depends on your comfort level. People did either way and got approved. People did either way and got denied. I submitted everything to follow the instructions. What's the concern about heavy package? Don't worry, USCIS employee won't hurt their back carrying it 😃 If it's the cost of shipping, yes, it may be pricier. But I did it in hope to avoid RFE.

3. Do we need to submit our and spouse’s passport or driver license copies? I don’t see that on the instruction of Form I-751, but I see some people submitting them, so I’m curious if we need those.

Copies of your and spouse's driver licenses with matching address is excellent piece of evidence of you living together. Include it.

4. Do we need to add the spouse name in Preparer’s info section on Form I-751? I’m curious if we can leave it blank or fill my spouse name since this form should be file jointly.

No, leave blank. Unless you have a special person preparing your forms for you.

5. Can I use the USCIS Online Account Number on NOA paper for my expired I-765 (I had I-765 till I received my current GC) for Form I-751 even I didn’t create my account with the number? I created my account before I receive that NOA.

Use whatever account is active and you have access to. You can also leave it blank.

Edited by OldUser

21 minutes ago, April_L said:

Hi all,

My GC will expire in April, so I’m getting ready to send my I-751 and other documents. I have some questions…I would much appreciate if you could give me advice or answer the questions below :)

1. How can I check the status of Form AR-11 or if my address is updated? I recently realized that I forgot to submit Form AR-11, so I did it online almost a year after I moved to my current house. I see many people saying their NOA or biometric appointment letter went to their old address, so I’d like to avoid it.

Thanks,

April

1. the address you enter on mailing address on form i751 is where theyll send the NOA. or call uscis to check address

2. mine was 7lbs. heavy. tell a story from when you met til now

3. passport no. sending both your license helps to show you have the same address

4. NO

5. no answer to this

5 hours ago, April_L said:

Thanks,

April

Keep in mind, you have shown you love each other and were granted a conditional green card because of it.  The 751 packet is not for showing you are in love, that part is over with. They want to see you have a continued life together, its the people who go overboard with love stuff and not enough things like utility bills, leases, insurance etc...that get RFEs and interviews. Prepare your application with the evidence USCIS wants to see...how you fell in love etc is not it, that part of the process is well and truly over with. So it sounds like you are already on the right track :) 

FYI my packet was about 4lbs and a few inches thick, USCIS just scans it into their system so it won't matter how many papers you have. 

Also VERY important, don't bind, staple, clip or put tabs on your documents if you can. USCIS recently updated their instructions on this. It speeds up how fast they can get your application scanned if they don't have to be removing things like staples etc.. first. No officers will be looking at your papers, it will all be on a computer screen now.

Good luck!

8 hours ago, annrose said:

Cool. I got the same case update now.

Are you able to see the receipt notice in your online account documents tab?

I was not able to add the case to my online account yet (still missing the code letter). Once I have that, I'll let you know!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

It seems like most March filers are getting IOE case numbers as opposed to previous months! I wonder if this will speed things up as they are really trying to shift towards digitizing all cases. 

On 3/14/2023 at 11:27 AM, April_L said:

Hi all,

Thanks,

April

Thanks so much for everyone who gave me the answers/advice to the questions in my previous post!

I don’t need to submit the copies of passport, correct? I just want to clearfy that because I got a new passport to change my last name to my spouse’s after I got my GC. Also, I thought some people submitted their passport copies for identification purpose…

I saw the comments that submitting the copies of driver license is a good evidence to show that we live in the same place, but my spouse has the driver license but I don’t have mine, so it doesn’t work. Like I mentioned above, I thought we needed those for identification purpose :’(

Thanks,

i-751 with divorce waiver timeline: (GC expiring June 24,2023)

March 8 - sent via Fedex 

March 9 - delivered 

March 14 - text "case received" with IOE receipt number received

March 15 - check cashed by USCIS as ACH

Edited by CCCas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.