miriamaik

Birth certificate issue

14 posts in this topic

Halo my name is Miriam, I worn the dv lottery. Everything has been going on well, i filled and submitted my dsform correctly, until recently I was checking on my documents and discovered that my birth certificate got tone in the middle, it looked very funny. So I decided to get a new birth certificate( but the problem is, the place of birth on this new birth certificate is indicated as KANTU 1) yet my old birth certificate and passport show my place of birth as ( KANTU) without the 1. By the time I was born the place was reffered to as KANTU but everything  changed ,  you see time has passed and the area was divided into KANTU 1 and KANTU 2 . I need your advice people . Won't this change in place of birth affect my application 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Leave the old BC

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
4 hours ago, miriamaik said:

Won't this change in place of birth affect my application 

It won't have any effect

Timeline
13 minutes ago, miriamaik said:

Won't the embassy require any document to explain the changes in my birth certificate 

It seems obvious Kantu (wherever that is) split into Kantu 1 and Kantu 2.  And if the embassy in is the same country as where Kantu is, the embassy should know that. Cities, districts, provinces, countries split, merge, change name all the time. 

Edited by Mike E

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

It seems obvious Kantu (wherever that is) split into Kantu 1 and Kantu 2.  And if the embassy in is the same country as where Kantu is, the embassy should know that. Cities, districts, provinces, countries split, merge, change name all the time. 

The embassy is not in the same country 

Timeline
1 hour ago, miriamaik said:

If this issue keeps you worried, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice U.S. immigration law. The lawyer doesn’t have to be living in the U.S. See https://www.ailalawyer.com

Given there is a deadline for you to reforge your immigration visa, I think  people who win DV should get a lawyer, because it is unlikely the winner will win DV again.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
5 hours ago, miriamaik said:

Are we referring to Sudan here? Be specific if you want specific answers

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

If this issue keeps you worried, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice U.S. immigration law. The lawyer doesn’t have to be living in the U.S. See https://www.ailalawyer.com

Given there is a deadline for you to reforge your immigration visa, I think  people who win DV should get a lawyer, because it is unlikely the winner will win DV again.  

I really can't afford a lawyer right now

Timeline
3 minutes ago, miriamaik said:

I really can't afford a lawyer right now

Lawyers who practice law outside the U.S. sometimes charge less money.  

I guess the real question is can you afford  not to hire a lawyer. 

Filed: Timeline

Speaking as someone with a deep understanding of DV based processing, I say to the OP

1. You’re stressing over a none issue. 
2. You do not need a lawyer for this. In fact, most selectees do not need the assistance of any lawyer, be it a US based or none-US based attorney. The process is simple and straightforward enough, regardless of DV being time limited. 

15 hours ago, Sm1smom said:

Speaking as someone with a deep understanding of DV based processing, I say to the OP

1. You’re stressing over a none issue. 
2. You do not need a lawyer for this. In fact, most selectees do not need the assistance of any lawyer, be it a US based or none-US based attorney. The process is simple and straightforward enough, regardless of DV being time limited. 

Thanks for your advice

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.