Nesah

I864EZ page 1 part 2 question

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello, we are pre filling our i864ez while waiting for our payments to process at NVC and we are not 100 percent sure what the best answer is for the immigrants mailing address. My spouse does not have a mailing address as there is not home mail delivery in her country. I’m thinking our options are to use my home address or put N/A for this part. Any suggestions on how to answer this part? Anyone who has had this problem, what did you fill in for this question? Thank you so much for any and all help regarding this!

6B406C51-3324-44C9-8692-7CC3E91734A0.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

How does your spouse get mail?  If you need to FedEx or DHL something, where do you send it?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

What address did you use for the I130?  I would use the same.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

How does your spouse get mail?  If you need to FedEx or DHL something, where do you send it?

It would go to the local fed ex or dhl office and get picked up there

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dashinka said:

What address did you use for the I130?  I would use the same.

On the i130 it asked only for physical address and that you could leave the street name and number blank if there wasn’t one. So we only filled in the city, province, and country. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Nesah said:

It would go to the local fed ex or dhl office and get picked up there

I assume that place has an address?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

I assume that place has an address?

It's Uganda, so maybe not.  OP says packages are not delivered, but they go to FedEx office to pick up.  Town, Province, and Country will work.  

Many places in the Philippines have addresses and many don't.  I don't have an "address".  So I have packages delivered to an "address" that starts with "Red gate fronting XYZ store......Purok 2, Barangay Name, City, Province, Philippines.  It is what it is.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

We have decided to use the petitioner address for mailing address after conversing with another vj couple with the same issue that recently got dq’d. Thank you all for your assistance!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Nesah said:

We have decided to use the petitioner address for mailing address after conversing with another vj couple with the same issue that recently got dq’d. Thank you all for your assistance!

It is improper to think in terms of "using" an address.  It is a question.  Answer the question.  Anything sent will be sent by courier.  The visa applicant will need a place in country for them to send the passport back with visa. If it's a courier office for pickup, so be it.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

This is for an i864 form, if I remember correctly you answered on another thread recently that mail is not generated from this form. Anything that would be sent to my spouse in response to this form I can receive and forward to her if necessary. As far as the visa is concerned she will be required to interview outside of her home country and must use a dhl near the embassy in the country of interview. This will be handled at the interview stage.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Nesah said:

This is for an i864 form, if I remember correctly you answered on another thread recently that mail is not generated from this form. Anything that would be sent to my spouse in response to this form I can receive and forward to her if necessary. As far as the visa is concerned she will be required to interview outside of her home country and must use a dhl near the embassy in the country of interview. This will be handled at the interview stage.

You'll probably get away with what you're planning.  I still don't recommend it, and I've explained why.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.