EdwardSnowden

CR1 is DQ, current wait time for interview in Manila?

489 posts in this topic

Apparently a second round of CR1/IR1 CR2/IR2 are being out sent out now including DQ dates at least up into June 2023 somewhere.  That would finally seem to actually start getting into the real numbers of the CR1/IR1 CR2/IR2 backlog.  Maybe the public shaming shaming they got on all their social media accounts actually worked.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Have you been seeing actual CR1’s get interview letters for May? The few I have seen get the interview letters have all be IR1, my application turns to IR1 in April. I’m just wondering if they are pushing the the IR1 letters first, because I saw one June IR1 get a letter and one May letter but one that is CR1 in May not get a letter yet.

My husband's CR1 and got DQ in May. Still no IL.

If they're pushing for CR1s to convert to IR1s first, a lot of May DQs will be skipped then. example is my husband, he'll only be converted to IR1 on June 🥲 and I know a couple more who got DQed in May but won't be IR1 till a bit later

Defeats their statement of doing FIFO accd to DQed dates

Btw, does anybody know if the beneficiary arrives exactly on the 2nd yr anniv date, will the GC still be automatically converted or do they have to wait for at least one more day?

Asking for a friend

Edited by PsychoGF

PD 09/22/2022: NOA1

04/18/2023: NOA2

04/21/2023: Case was sent to NVC/CEAC account created

05/02/2023: submitted all forms and applications

05/26/2023: Documentarily Qualified

1 hour ago, Swafford25 said:

Have you been seeing actual CR1’s get interview letters for May? The few I have seen get the interview letters have all be IR1, my application turns to IR1 in April. I’m just wondering if they are pushing the the IR1 letters first, because I saw one June IR1 get a letter and one May letter but one that is CR1 in May not get a letter yet.

CR or IR should have the same priority and be in the same queue.  Probably the reason you aren't seeing any CR's is that with a year long interview backlog at US Embassy Manila most of the CR's are hitting the two year mark and converting to IR's by the time they are getting interview letters.

Looking at the people who reported receiving interviews letters today more carefully, it looks like they covered cases documentarily qualified up until almost the end of May 2023.   There were two who had June DQ dates but looking at those cases more carefully they had associated IR2 cases with May dates and probably got interview letters today so they would interview as a family.  I don't think they got to any routine June dates yet and it looks like they stopped at the last few days of May 2023 right now.  

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.

2 hours ago, PsychoGF said:

Btw, does anybody know if the beneficiary arrives exactly on the 2nd yr anniv date, will the GC still be automatically converted or do they have to wait for at least one more day?

Asking for a friend

As far as I know IR1/CR1 is determined by date of entry, not by interview date.  So both categories should be treated the same during the interview.

Maybe I read that wrong somewhere (?)

1 minute ago, flipicaneze said:

As far as I know IR1/CR1 is determined by date of entry, not by interview date.  So both categories should be treated the same during the interview.

Maybe I read that wrong somewhere (?)

Apologies if I stated the question wrong. What I meant to ask was, if the beneficiary arrives in the US exactly on their 2nd anniv date. 

But guessing from your answer, it should be the case?

9 minutes ago, PsychoGF said:

Apologies if I stated the question wrong. What I meant to ask was, if the beneficiary arrives in the US exactly on their 2nd anniv date. 

But guessing from your answer, it should be the case?

Worst case scenario,  just wait in the airport till one minute past midnight, then go through immigration (?)  IMHO, I would wait to fly in the day after, perhaps take an extended layover.  I know with Korean Airlines, I have options for  3.5 or 15 hour layovers for Chicago/Manila flights.

2 hours ago, PsychoGF said:

My husband's CR1 and got DQ in May. Still no IL.

If they're pushing for CR1s to convert to IR1s first, a lot of May DQs will be skipped then. example is my husband, he'll only be converted to IR1 on June 🥲 and I know a couple more who got DQed in May but won't be IR1 till a bit later

Defeats their statement of doing FIFO accd to DQed dates

Asking for a friend

I don't think there is any consideration or difference of treatment scheduling between CR or IR.  Fewer CR's and many more IR is just a side effect of the embassies slowness.

Looking at CR's and IR's that reported got interview letters today, I think they literally stopped on May 25 and you previously said your husband was May 26.  There was two cases that with May 24 DQ dates that said they DID get interview letters.  At least one other May 26 DQ IR5 case that said they certainly DID NOT receive an interview letter either, as well as several May 30 and later cases without interview letters.

I 'think' if you arrived in the US exactly on the second anniversary you are still IR1 but I sure wouldn't want to be the one to put that to the test.  I think it would be a really good idea to wait the extra day just to be safe.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

1 minute ago, top_secret said:

I don't think there is any consideration or difference of treatment scheduling between CR or IR.  Fewer CR's and many more IR is just a side effect of the embassies slowness.

Looking at CR's and IR's that reported got interview letters today, I think they literally stopped on May 25 and you previously said your husband was May 26.  There was two cases that with May 24 DQ dates that said they DID get interview letters.  At least one other May 26 DQ IR5 case that said they certainly DID NOT receive an interview letter either, as well as several May 30 and later cases without interview letters.

I 'think' if you arrived in the US exactly on the second anniversary you are still IR1 but I sure wouldn't want to be the one to put that to the test.  I think it would be a really good idea to wait the extra day just to be safe.

One thing's for sure that there's movement and eventually, all of us leftovers will be done as well. There's really nothing we can do at this point but to be positive.

Thank you for your insights. I actually already advised my friend that what they wanted was quite risky and that entering the US a day later wouldn't be so bad. I guess they just wanted to make their anniversary extra special 😅

I, for one, wouldn't care too much as long as I get my husband here with me soon (better if he gets IR1 though)

16 minutes ago, PsychoGF said:

One thing's for sure that there's movement and eventually, all of us leftovers will be done as well. There's really nothing we can do at this point but to be positive.

Thank you for your insights. I actually already advised my friend that what they wanted was quite risky and that entering the US a day later wouldn't be so bad. I guess they just wanted to make their anniversary extra special 😅

I, for one, wouldn't care too much as long as I get my husband here with me soon (better if he gets IR1 though)

Suggest for them to make a stop in a different country for a couple of days on the way to USA and make their anniversary extra special that way.

All this reminds me of our case. We were probably 1 or 2 weeks away from IL an then the Embassy locked down due to Covid. When they finally opened up and we got the letter, my wife got flagged for sputum. When it was complete we could not reschedule interview due to backlog. We finally got the interview about a week from medical expiration. She had to redo medical and luckily no sputum the second time. Ours became an IR1 too.

I just got my tax return transcript for 2023 and I know for sure, if my husband's interview will be after April 15th, they will require us to upload the transcript on CEAC.

Now my question is, for those of you who got interviewed already, will my husband need to bring a copy of the transcripts? Since I got the transcripts from IRS site, he can just print those, right?

Also, is it true that the AOS copies he needs to bring has to have my wet signature? (asking since the 2023 tax needs to be on another AOS form - pls do correct me if I am wrong)

Thank you to whoever can answer!

36 minutes ago, PsychoGF said:

I just got my tax return transcript for 2023 and I know for sure, if my husband's interview will be after April 15th, they will require us to upload the transcript on CEAC.

Now my question is, for those of you who got interviewed already, will my husband need to bring a copy of the transcripts? Since I got the transcripts from IRS site, he can just print those, right?

Also, is it true that the AOS copies he needs to bring has to have my wet signature? (asking since the 2023 tax needs to be on another AOS form - pls do correct me if I am wrong)

Thank you to whoever can answer!

Here is something I found that might give you a clue.  Found this on the travel.state.gov FAQ:

If the poverty guidelines change between the time the petitioner signed the Affidavit of Support and the issuance of an immigrant visa, must the petitioner/sponsor and joint sponsor, if required, submit a new Form I-864?

No, the Form I-864 remains valid indefinitely unless evidence of failure to meet the poverty guidelines in effect on the date of I-864 filing arises. The consular officer will determine whether the income claimed by the sponsor and documented with financial evidence meets the poverty guidelines in effect at the time the I-864 was filed. If the income claimed does not meet the poverty guidelines, then the consular officer may request that the sponsor submit current year income information.

I would send copies of your transcripts and last few paystubs just in case, but your husband shouldn't volunteer the documents during the interview if not asked.

Edited by flipicaneze

23 hours ago, flipicaneze said:

Here is something I found that might give you a clue.  Found this on the travel.state.gov FAQ:

If the poverty guidelines change between the time the petitioner signed the Affidavit of Support and the issuance of an immigrant visa, must the petitioner/sponsor and joint sponsor, if required, submit a new Form I-864?

No, the Form I-864 remains valid indefinitely unless evidence of failure to meet the poverty guidelines in effect on the date of I-864 filing arises. The consular officer will determine whether the income claimed by the sponsor and documented with financial evidence meets the poverty guidelines in effect at the time the I-864 was filed. If the income claimed does not meet the poverty guidelines, then the consular officer may request that the sponsor submit current year income information.

I would send copies of your transcripts and last few paystubs just in case, but your husband shouldn't volunteer the documents during the interview if not asked.

I would absolutely upload to CEAC and have the beneficiary take the most current tax year information. Prior to the tax filing deadline the IO might or might not request it; however, USEM does explicitly state, “…a photocopy of the sponsor’s most recent IRS transcript, or most recent tax return and any relevant W-2s, if the transcript is unavailable.” 

It would be very unfortunate to have any further delay due to unpreparedness. 

As mentioned in USEM’s interview information quoted above, photocopies of these documents are acceptable. No wet signature is necessary.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.