ElGrandeDoodel

February 2023 NVC Submissions

143 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

By the way, does anyone know how exactly the whole interview scheduling process works in detail? I know the embassy wilm tell NVC about their available appointments, but does this happen once a month or how often?

I'm trying to figure out what my timeline might be.

The embassy in Vienna told me that they have capacity and that the wait time is a few weeks only. So that leaves the question about how fast the NVC and the embassy exchange information.

Unfortunately I have barely any info to go on since there are so few cases and even less who post about it.

6 hours ago, ABertozzi said:

By the way, does anyone know how exactly the whole interview scheduling process works in detail?

Crazy Cat gave a useful run-down of the process here. Not specific to Austria, but his explanation appears to be generic.

Edited by ElGrandeDoodel

Elsewhere I saw a case reported DQ earlier today with a February 5 submission date.  That would imply that theoretically the 2/7 crowd could make it before the weekend.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, top_secret said:

Elsewhere I saw a case reported DQ earlier today with a February 5 submission date.  That would imply that theoretically the 2/7 crowd could make it before the weekend.

For DQ question: 

Does it matter which country the file is from? Or is it general like NVC will just follow the queue regardless of the country origin? 

Top secret, I have another question: 

I'm from the Philippines and im wondering how long after getting DQ'ed will the nvc send me an interview date letter and how far out is the actual interview date? I'm trying to coordinate everything and see if I have to prepare an expedite request or not. I really wanna have an idea with the timeline as far as Cr1/IR1 interview goes. I greatly appreciate your input. Thank you! 

3 hours ago, Gee2021 said:

For DQ question: 

Does it matter which country the file is from? Or is it general like NVC will just follow the queue regardless of the country origin? 

I'm from the Philippines and im wondering how long after getting DQ'ed will the nvc send me an interview date letter and how far out is the actual interview date? I'm trying to coordinate everything and see if I have to prepare an expedite request or not. I really wanna have an idea with the timeline as far as Cr1/IR1 interview goes. I greatly appreciate your input. Thank you! 

If I recall correctly, NVC should just follow the queue and DQ people as long as they have the necessary documents. I don’t know how long it is to get an interview for the Philippines but I believe I heard it takes awhile. 

4 hours ago, Gee2021 said:

I'm from the Philippines and I'm wondering how long after getting DQ'ed will the nvc send me an interview date letter and how far out is the actual interview date?

@Gee2021 this VJ data says that the average time between NOA2 and Interview for IR1 & CR1 visas is 297 days. So, if you subtract your time from NOA2 to DQ from that, it will give you an idea of how long the whole process will take. Note that is VJ data only and is based on a fairly small sample (only 15 records over a 360 day period), so is probably not that accurate:
https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/irstats.php

There's some VJ data here which might be useful though it doesn't break out the time to interview:

This page explains a bit more:

Once you receive your case number from NVC then you can pay your interview fee, complete your DS-160, schedule your interview (normally within 30 days you will have the interview date). If you wait for the Embassy to contact you to start scheduling you would have wasted an additional 30 days. Medical must be completed before you are allowed to complete your interview from the consulate.

You can see the historic trend data of number of visa granted by consulate and visa type, rendered in a slightly more readable format, here:
https://visawhen.com/consulates/manila

You could also try asking in the Philippines-specific forum:
https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

6 hours ago, Gee2021 said:

For DQ question: 

Time from DQ to interview letter is extremely embassy specific.  Right now there are some embassies that still have HUGE backlogs measured in years, while at the same time other embassies where you would get an interview date 2 weeks after DQ.  Looking at overall VJ statistics will be an average so probably not helpful on an embassy specific basis.

I have been trying to monitor the Philippines since a friends case will be going there hopefully soon.  As near as I can tell, based on anecdotal reports, things at US Embassy Manila are not bad, although there seems to be allot of strange things going on there with scheduling lately. In January there was no backlog at all and in fact quite a few reports of people being expedited who had not even requested expedites and in some cases didn't want to be expedited..  In February interview scheduling times seem to be creeping up a little bit at US Embassy Manila, but still seem not so bad.  I've seen a few people very recently who said they have been waiting 1 1/2 to 2 months to get an interview date while other are getting it faster.  Also worth noting that that is CR/IR cases.  Some people with F2A/B and other categories seem to be in their own, possibly longer queue.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.

7 minutes ago, ElGrandeDoodel said:

@Gee2021 - sounds like trying to plan the date of visa issuance is pretty tricky:

In that post the authors wife got flagged for additional TB testing at her physical which in the Philippines automatically adds about another 3 month before they can interview.  That is a longstanding risk in the Philippines.  The poster who started that thread was one of those who received an expedite in January that they had not requested and did not want since they are nearing 2nd anniversary and want to be IR1 and get a 10 year green card. 

Other recent strangeness at US Embassy Manila is people receiving e-mails from the Embassy instructing them to self schedule on https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ yet finding their case is not available there yet, and conversely people not receiving any e-mail or instructions yet finding that they ARE able to successfully self schedule on https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ .  There's allot of randomness at US Embassy Manila lately.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, top_secret said:

In that post the authors wife got flagged for additional TB testing at her physical which in the Philippines automatically adds about another 3 month before they can interview.  That is a longstanding risk in the Philippines.  The poster who started that thread was one of those who received an expedite in January that they had not requested and did not want since they are nearing 2nd anniversary and want to be IR1 and get a 10 year green card. 

Other recent strangeness at US Embassy Manila is people receiving e-mails from the Embassy instructing them to self schedule on https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ yet finding their case is not available there yet, and conversely people not receiving any e-mail or instructions yet finding that they ARE able to successfully self schedule on https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ .  There's allot of randomness at US Embassy Manila lately.

Thank you for your insight. And I agree, you'll never know how it's going to unfold. But I'm thinking of doing the expedite for the interview as soon as I get DQ'ed. My 2 year anniversary will be on April 2023, and I'm hoping everything goes well for me, and I'll just make sure to enter the US after my anniversary date🙏 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.