Marinpink510

When I will Get Notification for Oath Ceremony

45 posts in this topic

Good afternoon everyone, I am new in this forum and I find this group very helpful. I had my Naturalization interview last January 26, 2023 in USCIS Detroit and passed everything, Civics test, reading and writing, including all the questions from my I-751 and N400 forms. The officer was very nice and after my interview she handed me a paper form N652 saying that “Congratulations! Your application is recommended for approval. At this time, it appears that you established your eligibility for Naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony. My question is did I really passed? It makes me worried coz its been more than a week now and my status online still says “Interview Was Scheduled” few people get their status change few hours after their interview and get scheduled for Oath. I wonder when I will get my Oath get scheduled. Are there any people here with the same situation as mine? Any responses is highly appreciated and thank you! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Normal. Relax. You pased your interview. 

You just have to wait for oath, which depends in your local office's availability. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Ours was 6 weeks after the interview. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Marinpink510 said:

Good afternoon everyone, I am new in this forum and I find this group very helpful. I had my Naturalization interview last January 26, 2023 in USCIS Detroit and passed everything, Civics test, reading and writing, including all the questions from my I-751 and N400 forms. The officer was very nice and after my interview she handed me a paper form N652 saying that “Congratulations! Your application is recommended for approval. At this time, it appears that you established your eligibility for Naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony. My question is did I really passed? It makes me worried coz its been more than a week now and my status online still says “Interview Was Scheduled” few people get their status change few hours after their interview and get scheduled for Oath. I wonder when I will get my Oath get scheduled. Are there any people here with the same situation as mine? Any responses is highly appreciated and thank you! 

fellow Detroit filler here. i had my interview Dec 5th it was joint with i751, also go the for N652 saying it was recommended for approval. on Jan 3rd my status changed to oath ceremony will be scheduled. Still waiting for the actual oath ceremony date to be scheduled. so your not alone. as others have said you have passed, Detroit is just really slow from what ive been seeing. We will get there soon enough.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello my local  office as well is Detroit did my interview  last Feb 02,2023 my N 400 while my I -751 still pending said did passed the interview  and will notify me about the oath ceremony . Feb 03, 2023 according to my USCIS online account  they sent a notification  thru mail just waiting for it to received. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
44 minutes ago, ms.lonely said:

Hello my local  office as well is Detroit did my interview  last Feb 02,2023 my N 400 while my I -751 still pending said did passed the interview  and will notify me about the oath ceremony . Feb 03, 2023 according to my USCIS online account  they sent a notification  thru mail just waiting for it to received. 

There should be a copy posted under "Documents" in your USCIS account.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, ms.lonely said:

Did you manage to find the letter in the documents tab and did it have an oath date?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/7/2023 at 9:18 PM, Fromthemit said:

Did you manage to find the letter in the documents tab and did it have an oath date?

I checked on it last night found out in the documents tab it will be on Feb. 22, 2023 at 2:30 pm my schedule of my Oath ceremony.

Timeline
3 hours ago, ms.lonely said:

I checked on it last night found out in the documents tab it will be on Feb. 22, 2023 at 2:30 pm my schedule of my Oath ceremony.

congrats on the oath date,

hopefully ill hear something soon for mine

On 2/6/2023 at 4:36 PM, Fromthemit said:

fellow Detroit filler here. i had my interview Dec 5th it was joint with i751, also go the for N652 saying it was recommended for approval. on Jan 3rd my status changed to oath ceremony will be scheduled. Still waiting for the actual oath ceremony date to be scheduled. so your not alone. as others have said you have passed, Detroit is just really slow from what ive been seeing. We will get there soon enough.

On 2/6/2023 at 4:36 PM, Fromthemit said:

Did you hear anything about your Oath Ceremony, mine is stuck and no updates getting a little worried but I guess I will just to wait. Good luck to to all of us. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Marinpink510 said:

Did you hear anything about your Oath Ceremony, mine is stuck and no updates getting a little worried but I guess I will just to wait. Good luck to to all of us. 

Hey so actually a few minutes ago I got the notification of my oath ceremony date being March 7th. And from everybody else that I've talked to that has had the same timeline as us with the i-751 and the n400 it looks like it does take a while for Detroit to schedule the actual oath ceremony I would anticipate getting yours within the next month for sure but if it takes longer than that just start calling them to see the update. But like yours my online showed interview scheduled for a month after I had already done the interview and was told that I passed. So I'm sure it'll come soon we just seem to have a very slower than normal field office

1 minute ago, Fromthemit said:

Hey so actually a few minutes ago I got the notification of my oath ceremony date being March 7th. And from everybody else that I've talked to that has had the same timeline as us with the i-751 and the n400 it looks like it does take a while for Detroit to schedule the actual oath ceremony I would anticipate getting yours within the next month for sure but if it takes longer than that just start calling them to see the update. But like yours my online showed interview scheduled for a month after I had already done the interview and was told that I passed. So I'm sure it'll come soon we just seem to have a very slower than normal field office

Congratulations and so happy for you. Yes, its only more than two weeks now so I guess I will just have to be patient. Hopefully I will get mine soon too. Do you know where is the place your Oath Ceremony will be? Will it be in the USCIS office or court? Thanks!

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Marinpink510 said:

Congratulations and so happy for you. Yes, its only more than two weeks now so I guess I will just have to be patient. Hopefully I will get mine soon too. Do you know where is the place your Oath Ceremony will be? Will it be in the USCIS office or court? Thanks!

The funny thing is I didn't even think to check I just assumed that it would be at the Detroit office but thanks for that it looks like it's going to be in Holland I wonder if they take a while to try to find you something closer to where you live because  Holland is definitely way closer than Detroit would be

6 minutes ago, Fromthemit said:

The funny thing is I didn't even think to check I just assumed that it would be at the Detroit office but thanks for that it looks like it's going to be in Holland I wonder if they take a while to try to find you something closer to where you live because  Holland is definitely way closer than Detroit would be

Yes, the USCIS officer that I had interviewed with told me that, she said that USCIS Detroit try to find a closer place for those who reside far from Detroit . I lived In Upper Peninsula Michigan so I am not sure will I have mine. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.