JojoandTomas

FEBRUARY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

156 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
23 hours ago, MishaP99 said:

I would just wait until the NVC status changes to "In Transit" at which point you will receive an email from NVC stating that they forwarded your case to your designated ambassy/consulate. I wouldn't worry too much; I think it was a total of 65 days that our case was at NVC. If you have a case number and can track it in CEAC that is a good sign. Also, if you haven't already you can use the public inquiry form and inquire about the status of your case. You will probably receive a generic response, but it never hurts to ask.

Hi Misha,

Thank you for the response, I appreciate your insight!

I can't see any information in the CEAC beyond that it says "at NVC", no date of it being registeret etc. as I can see others are able to in here it seems. I got the case number and invoice number from inquiring - but I guess we can inquire about the status, I just also do not want to overwhelm them with inquiries, I'm sure they have loads to attend to already haha

What sparked my concern was more when I look up how to proceed from "at NVC", the gov website says to follow the instructions in the letter I should receive from the NVC before they send it to the embassy, hence why I am a bit confused as to how to proceed as it essentially sends me in a loop that I can't do anything about. Just hope to hear back soon, but good to know a rough timeframe :)

Edited by rierose
Clarification

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
56 minutes ago, rierose said:

Hi Misha,

Thank you for the response, I appreciate your insight!

I can't see any information in the CEAC beyond that it says "at NVC", no date of it being registeret etc. as I can see others are able to in here it seems. I got the case number and invoice number from inquiring - but I guess we can inquire about the status, I just also do not want to overwhelm them with inquiries, I'm sure they have loads to attend to already haha

What sparked my concern was more when I look up how to proceed from "at NVC", the gov website says to follow the instructions in the letter I should receive from the NVC before they send it to the embassy, hence why I am a bit confused as to how to proceed as it essentially sends me in a loop that I can't do anything about. Just hope to hear back soon, but good to know a rough timeframe :)

NVC will send you an email when they send your case to the embassy. They don't send out any physical letter. All you can do now is wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Any other Feb NOA2 received their case numbers from NVC?

I'm starting to get a little discouraged, I've seen March NOA2s already receiving their case numbers. How are USCIS and NVC working this out? 😔

We're going on 8 weeks now, still no word - and the NVC inquiry response is still that they haven't received our petition from USCIS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, Aren said:

I'm starting to get a little discouraged, I've seen March NOA2s already receiving their case numbers. How are USCIS and NVC working this out? 😔

We're going on 8 weeks now, still no word - and the NVC inquiry response is still that they haven't received our petition from USCIS.

We're in the same position. NOA2 Feb 2; 83 days; NVC haven't received our petition.

Hey Aren and Mark,

NOA 02/23/2023 here. I sent an inquiry to NVC this past weekend and I received my NVC case number today. I'm sending another one for the invoice ID number as well. I recommend asking EMMA (USCIS) if they sent out your case to NVC. If the response is yes, ask them what day they sent out your case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, yosemite1997 said:

Hey Aren and Mark,

NOA 02/23/2023 here. I sent an inquiry to NVC this past weekend and I received my NVC case number today. I'm sending another one for the invoice ID number as well. I recommend asking EMMA (USCIS) if they sent out your case to NVC. If the response is yes, ask them what day they sent out your case.

How did you ask Emma?

Emma just replies saying if approved it'll be sent to NVC but didn't actually tell me IF it was actually sent or not.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, gooblue said:

How did you ask Emma?

Emma just replies saying if approved it'll be sent to NVC but didn't actually tell me IF it was actually sent or not.

Same here. I just tried asking EMMA and it keeps telling me that my petition was approved on March 7th. It doesn’t answer if the petition was sent NVC…..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Kristina582 said:

Same here. I just tried asking EMMA and it keeps telling me that my petition was approved on March 7th. It doesn’t answer if the petition was sent NVC…..

I tried live agent and am gonna see what happens

liveagent.png

Edited by gooblue

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, yosemite1997 said:

Hey Aren and Mark,

Thank you for the suggestion. We've tried all those lines of inquiry i.e. online form, EMMA, live chat, phone calls etc. In our case we've found USCIS haven't sent our petition to NVC although they stated they were going to do so on our NOA2 dated Feb 1.

Regarding the online inquiry to NVC and reports of receiving a case number shortly after, the conclusion we've come to having monitored all such claims over the last few months is that there is no correlation; it's just coincidence.

Timeline
17 hours ago, yosemite1997 said:

Hey Aren and Mark,

I actually just tried it and it works. It needs to be on the Live Chat feature, with an actual Customer Service Rep. I asked them if our case has been sent to NVC yet. Apparently our case was only transferred to NVC on April 17th (😒 we got our NOA2 on 28th Feb) so it's been sitting at USCIS this whole time! The CSR agent couldn't tell me why, it was part of the "normal process". NVC hasn't received it yet as of the last inquiry we sent last week on Thursday 20th, they got back to us on Fri 21st saying they didn't have it.

When I asked the agent when we can expect NVC to receive it, they said within 90 days! 😅😭 So I guess someone's trekking across the country with our file.

The wait continues 😬

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Aren said:

I did the same thing yesterday. I did a live chat with a representative and I was told that my case hasn’t been sent to NVC yet. 49 days and counting….

Timeline
On 4/24/2023 at 1:50 AM, Aren said:

Hi,

Am also from Ug. Thought that feb approvals had gotten their case numbers/invoice but eh..surprised. I was approved in March on the 21st, still waiting. Send them an email every week. Looks llike I have seen some March approvals given case numbers/invoice. Not sure what NVC is considering but disappointing. Thinking some countries are given priority compared to others. Good luck. 

8 hours ago, Tzgeneration said:

I don't think that it is a case of priority of countries.  I am also from Uganda. NOA2 was on 17th  of February 2023... We didn't hear from NVC until we sent an inquiry on 17th of March, at first their response was that they haven't received our case and then we sent them a copy of our NOA2 and they admitted that they have received the case but told us to wait for them to process and send us further instructions.  The instructions didn't come until. 11th of April...they were notifying us that our case had been transferred to the Embassy and that we should wait for further communication from the Embassy in Kenya. 

2weeks later we haven't heard from the Embassy, I tried reaching out by email to inquire of the progress from the Embassy but no response so far.  So all we can do I WAIT , WAIT AND WAIT...... Every new step comes with new levels of patience required. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US.

Timeline

So happy to see fellow Ugandans!!

11 hours ago, Tzgeneration said:

Hi,

Am also from Ug. Thought that feb approvals had gotten their case numbers/invoice but eh..surprised. I was approved in March on the 21st, still waiting. Send them an email every week. Looks llike I have seen some March approvals given case numbers/invoice. Not sure what NVC is considering but disappointing. Thinking some countries are given priority compared to others. Good luck. 

I think the frustrating thing about this whole process is the absolute lack of clarity or order in the process. There's no information given about why anything is happening the way its happening so we can't even be sure it's a country priority thing. Fingers crossed they get in touch with you soon too.

2 hours ago, dreamer123 said:

I don't think that it is a case of priority of countries.  I am also from Uganda. NOA2 was on 17th  of February 2023... We didn't hear from NVC until we sent an inquiry on 17th of March, at first their response was that they haven't received our case and then we sent them a copy of our NOA2 and they admitted that they have received the case but told us to wait for them to process and send us further instructions.  The instructions didn't come until. 11th of April...they were notifying us that our case had been transferred to the Embassy and that we should wait for further communication from the Embassy in Kenya. 

2weeks later we haven't heard from the Embassy, I tried reaching out by email to inquire of the progress from the Embassy but no response so far.  So all we can do I WAIT , WAIT AND WAIT...... Every new step comes with new levels of patience required. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US.

We've sent the general inquiries form and emailed NVC directly with a copy of our NOA2 and with both instances they said they didn't have our file. It really is a luck of the draw thing. Has NVC shared your case number and invoice ID then so you have a way of tracking it? That's so frustrating. This is yet another thing that I'm anxious about. 

The whole process is an elaborate exercise in patience 😅

Edited by Aren
typos

1 hour ago, Aren said:

So happy to see fellow Ugandans!!

I think the frustrating thing about this whole process is the absolute lack of clarity or order in the process. There's no information given about why anything is happening the way its happening so we can't even be sure it's a country priority thing. Fingers crossed they get in touch with you soon too.

We've sent the general inquiries form and emailed NVC directly with a copy of our NOA2 and with both instances they said they didn't have our file. It really is a luck of the draw thing. Has NVC shared your case number and invoice ID then so you have a way of tracking it? That's so frustrating. This is yet another thing that I'm anxious about. 

The whole process is an elaborate exercise in patience 😅

I guess it's true, it maybe a random selection and sheer luck... but my  theory though is that USCIS has outsourced various different agents to help  in the processing of cases to approval and send to NVC...For example ; they choose a lumpsum of cases submitted in like three consecutive months and distribute them to different agents and now your fate lies in a certain unknown agent with his/her own work ethic...This causes a delay for some cases and swiftness in some😢😢 my thinking though....

Unfortunately,  NVC only sent an email informing us that our case has been sent to the Embassy and that the proces can take several weeks😂😂. With our case numbers but no invoice ID....so there was no way we could track it on CEAC...SO after seeing from this forum people tracking their progress, I wrote to NVC requesting for INVOICE ID, they politely replied that they don't have my case anymore and I should contact the Embassy for inquiries so all I can do is  WAIT🤨

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.