Foreignmiks

Another Vaccine Requirements Thread

47 posts in this topic

On 2/5/2023 at 7:21 AM, Irina and Chris said:

Indeed.  Embassy and consulate website both say K-1 is processed in Mexico City however they also say Juarez is resuming processing "all visa types".  So I'm taking it that the other consulates are not at this time as there hasn't been any similar proclamation. We'll likely be placed in line at Mexico City, which is fine.  I have a Taco place selected to wait it out.... Orinoco is incredible!

Also, further news out regarding the vax requirement for foreign travellers via air and sea.  Thomas Massie just introduced legislation that will be likely voted on next week.  Could go either way passed or not, vetoed, or delayed implementing.  But something those farther back in line could have on their radar. 

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/185?s=1&r=29

In it it states, "To terminate the requirement imposed by the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for proof of COVID-19 vaccination for foreign travelers, and for other purposes”

Yes we saw this as well.

Unfortunately I don't think this will be in place if passed prior to our interview and show of requirements proof. At this point we are trying to find a clinic that offers Johnson and Johnson as we are worried about the completed the "full series" of vaccination prior to interview. This is turning out to be quite a difficult and stressful situation and I have not heard back from the consulate regarding the vaccine being an absolute requirement for providing the visa. We can work out traveling by land at border entry to avoid flight vaccine requirements if we know we can still get the visa without vaccine.

None of this is clear and I imagine it's by design...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Foreignmiks said:

Yes we saw this as well.

Unfortunately I don't think this will be in place if passed prior to our interview and show of requirements proof. At this point we are trying to find a clinic that offers Johnson and Johnson as we are worried about the completed the "full series" of vaccination prior to interview. This is turning out to be quite a difficult and stressful situation and I have not heard back from the consulate regarding the vaccine being an absolute requirement for providing the visa. We can work out traveling by land at border entry to avoid flight vaccine requirements if we know we can still get the visa without vaccine.

None of this is clear and I imagine it's by design...

Treading carefully here...

Have you weighed whether it's best to wait it out rather than make a life-changing decision?

15 minutes ago, Lynxyonok said:

Treading carefully here...

Have you weighed whether it's best to wait it out rather than make a life-changing decision?

Good point. I'm not anti-vax at all but I am highly skeptical and critical. My stance based on the research I've conducted is to withhold if possible. I confirmed today the consulate will issue the K1 regardless of vaccine status. Entry into the US is now the problem... At the beginning people could cross by land which I believe was exempt but it appears they caught onto this and no longer allow it as of January 2022.

This is difficult as time is very important to us and we are coming up on two years and do not want additional barriers or to greatly extend the time it takes to be together.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Foreignmiks said:

Good point. I'm not anti-vax at all but I am highly skeptical and critical. My stance based on the research I've conducted is to withhold if possible. I confirmed today the consulate will issue the K1 regardless of vaccine status. Entry into the US is now the problem... At the beginning people could cross by land which I believe was exempt but it appears they caught onto this and no longer allow it as of January 2022.

This is difficult as time is very important to us and we are coming up on two years and do not want additional barriers or to greatly extend the time it takes to be together.

I am neither judging nor supporting your point of view on this.

I'm merely reflecting on the fact that this matters to you. So, I'm taking this a step further.

Do you want to run a red light on a busy intersection just because you're running late or are impatient?

Don't answer to me on this: I neither deserve nor need this. Answer to yourself only: you're the one to live with her forever. And have kids.

P.S. I do have an opinion on all of this. But this is a public forum, and my response is modified to accommodate the widest audience possible.

3 hours ago, Lynxyonok said:

I am neither judging nor supporting your point of view on this.

I'm merely reflecting on the fact that this matters to you. So, I'm taking this a step further.

Do you want to run a red light on a busy intersection just because you're running late or are impatient?

Don't answer to me on this: I neither deserve nor need this. Answer to yourself only: you're the one to live with her forever. And have kids.

P.S. I do have an opinion on all of this. But this is a public forum, and my response is modified to accommodate the widest audience possible.

Understood and I align with you regarding "public forum".

It truly is a choice we have to deeply assess. We did make a step today verifying they will allow us to interview even without the vax.

19 hours ago, Foreignmiks said:

I think you can enter the US on a K1 visa without having fulfilled the vaccine requirements - however when you come to Adjust your Status after getting married you'll need all the required vaccines, otherwise USCIS will RFE you until you can provide them or deny you.

1 hour ago, jp1000 said:

I think you can enter the US on a K1 visa without having fulfilled the vaccine requirements - however when you come to Adjust your Status after getting married you'll need all the required vaccines, otherwise USCIS will RFE you until you can provide them or deny you.

Do we truly know they will let you board a flight or cross via land without stopping you? I just need this assurance from someone else that has been through this. I can't seem to pull an answer from searching here.

5 minutes ago, Foreignmiks said:

Do we truly know they will let you board a flight or cross via land without stopping you? I just need this assurance from someone else that has been through this. I can't seem to pull an answer from searching here.

Airlines can have their own requirements.  Reach out to the airline you are planning to use. 

Timeline
On 2/6/2023 at 9:28 PM, Foreignmiks said:

Entry into the US is now the problem... At the beginning people could cross by land which I believe was exempt but it appears they caught onto this and no longer allow it as of January 2022.

My research doesn't indicate this is true.  K-1 visa holders are apparently exempt for mandatory vax under the law.  Where did you get the information that it was required at the land border? 

Timeline
On 2/7/2023 at 2:09 AM, Foreignmiks said:

Understood and I align with you regarding "public forum".

It truly is a choice we have to deeply assess. We did make a step today verifying they will allow us to interview even without the vax.

Vax requirement is nil after May 11th, 2023.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They're looking to add COVID vaccine to regular vaccine schedule (like mmr, hep b and whatever else is norm in US) so I wouldn't hold your breath that it leaves the immigration requirement form.

Obviously only time will tell as CDC doesn't set the policy but the fact they're putting it at the same level as mmr and hep b which are requirements for immigration, I wouldn't be surprised if it stays.

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

On 2/1/2023 at 9:31 AM, Irina and Chris said:

We're in the same situation and hope to find some clarification prior to interview.  Currently awaiting transfer to NVC and estimate another brutal 4-5 month wait for interview... 

It's in the news that Vax emergency declaration will be rescinded March 11. 

Will this nullify visa requirement?? 

It was just added to the list of childhood/adult vaccinations by the CDC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The story below from Reuters on February 8th. If the Senate takes up this bill, which doesn't seem likely (elections have consequences) I don't have much faith in this happening, especially since the White House said it was opposed to this bill. 

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday voted to end a requirement that most foreign air travelers be vaccinated against COVID-19, one of the few remaining pandemic travel restrictions still in place. The vote was 227 to 201 with seven Democrats joining Republicans. No Republicans voted against the bill.

The Biden administration in June dropped its requirement that people arriving in the United States by air must test negative for COVID but has not lifted Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) vaccination requirements for most foreign travelers.

The White House said Tuesday it was opposed to the bill saying the vaccine requirement "has allowed loved ones across the globe to reunite while reducing the spread of COVID-19 and the burdens it places on the health care system in the United States." It is not clear if the Senate will take up the bill.

The White House plans to end the COVID public health emergency on May 11. "As we approach the end of the public health emergency, the administration will review all relevant policies, including this one," the White House said.

The CDC says vaccines continue to be the most important public health tool for fighting COVID-19 and recommends all travelers be vaccinated.

The U.S. Travel Association said "the need for this requirement has long since passed, and we appreciate the bipartisan action by the U.S. House to end this outdated policy ... The U.S. is the only country that has maintained this policy."

Currently, adult visitors to the United States who are not citizens or permanent residents must show proof of vaccination before boarding their flight, with some limited exceptions.

Republican Representative Thomas Massie introduced the measure to rescind the vaccine requirement.

(Reporting by David Shepardson; Editing by Stephen Coates)

Well guys, we have tried finding a US accepted vaccine everywhere in the area in MX my fiancee resides and can not find one. I believe we fall under the category of vaccine unavailability. The medical facility in Juarez states they do not administer COVID specific vaccine during the medical exam which is interesting. Looks like if we do get it will need to be stateside! Thank you everyone here for the information and resources.

• 1 month later...

Updating everyone that has followed this thread.

My fiancée was approved today without having the COVID shots (even with all of the pushing for applicants to have them prior to medical/interview).

NOA1 July 6th 2021 - to approved today March 3rd 2023 - 21 months total waiting time for K1.

Edited by Foreignmiks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.