Judah Avery

Helping a friend

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I applied for a fiancé visa for my now wife and then after we were married applied for her green card. Since then I have had a few friends ask me and my wife for help navigating the visa and green card process, and we have always been happy to help. I have some friends who recently came to me, requesting help with some of their documents. They had their documentation filed by an attorney who was hired by the organization who sponsored them. They are not connected with the organization or the attorney who originally filled everything for them, and they can’t afford another attorney.  They have a pending I-765, but USCIS sent them a request for evidence. Apparently whoever filed the I-765 left question 30 blank.  (Have you EVER been arrested for and/ or convicted of any crime?)

They need to find out information from USCIS with regard to this and to set up an account with USCIS, and they wanted me to help them make a call to USCIS because they don’t speak very good English. If I am with them, can i help them with contacting USCIS as a third party friend?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You are going to need a lot more information than this, you have posted this under work visa but you have to have a basis for getting an EAD. The implication is this is Employer sponsored but maybe not.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

33 minutes ago, Judah Avery said:

I applied for a fiancé visa for my now wife and then after we were married applied for her green card. Since then I have had a few friends ask me and my wife for help navigating the visa and green card process, and we have always been happy to help. I have some friends who recently came to me, requesting help with some of their documents. They had their documentation filed by an attorney who was hired by the organization who sponsored them. They are not connected with the organization or the attorney who originally filled everything for them, and they can’t afford another attorney.  They have a pending I-765, but USCIS sent them a request for evidence. Apparently whoever filed the I-765 left question 30 blank.  (Have you EVER been arrested for and/ or convicted of any crime?)

They need to find out information from USCIS with regard to this and to set up an account with USCIS, and they wanted me to help them make a call to USCIS because they don’t speak very good English. If I am with them, can i help them with contacting USCIS as a third party friend?

Who petitioned them?   It it’s an employer, the employer’s attorney needs to respond to the RFE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

We can probably help but I doubt the issue is just one question.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

4 hours ago, Judah Avery said:

They are not connected with the organization or the attorney who originally filled everything for them, and they can’t afford another attorney

They are “;connected “ by the fact that attorney filed their case and although the attorney represents the employer they have every right to communicate with the attorney, especially since the RFE indicates an error/ omission BY THE Attorney.

Although it may look like a simple fix, write a response stating the error was a typo/data entry, it’s in their interest to contact the same attorney rather than get a new one or respond on their own.

Why would you call USCIS? What is unclear in the RFE instructions?

Are they here ob J-1?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.