centric23

January 2023 - AOS Filers

135 posts in this topic

Just now, Marquise007 said:

Sometimes it just takes a bit of time but if you are getting restless then there are a couple of things you can do…

1. If you sent a check, be sure it’s been cashed, if you used a credit card, be sure payment has gone through, if money order track if cashed  with the receipts. If payments have gone through then don’t worry, just wait for the NOAs.

2.Call USCIS and inquire about your case. Sometimes they don’t send the text messages. 
3. if the call center people say they can’t see your case, email the lockbox support at lockboxsupoort@uscis.dhs.gov include your name A number , email what forms you submitted and your mailing address. Inquire about your case there  ( they would typically respond in about a week)

good luck!

Thank you so much @Marquise007 ! I will call them tomorrow to confirm!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 hours ago, julybunny said:

Hi all, I have submitted my case to Chicago Lockbox on 1/28 and Fedex has confirmed that it was delivered on 1/30 before noon. It seems like most people have got the text messages within 5days of delivered date and I was wondering if I should be worried that I have not heard back yet...

Did you include the text notification form in your application?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Joining the January filers for AOS + EAD + AP

AOS Package sent (Chicago Lockbox): 01/23

Package delivered: 01/25

Credit card charged: 01/27

I-797C notices dates: 01/27

Biometrics scheduled (notice): 02/04

Biometrics appointment: 02/23

RFE (I-864 missing petitioning sponsor's proof of citizenship): 02/10 --> responded via myUSCIS on 02/11

I am considering if it is worth it to try and do an early walk-in next week for my biometrics, or if it is better to just wait for the appointment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 2/6/2023 at 3:11 PM, ComboMeal said:

Hi all,

Sent 485/765/131 package to Chicago PO box 1/3/23

Received 1/5/23

Credit card charged 1/6/23

Texts received 1/7/23

Online account letter received 1/11/23 (approximate)

Biometric appointment scheduled (for 2/3/23) 1/14/23

Walked in early for biometrics 1/19/23

Work permit approved 1/27/23

Work permit produced 2/1/23

Work permit received 2/4/23

Thanks for the guidance.

Seems like the early walk-in for the biometrics might be worth a try, which office did you go? Did they give you any trouble coming before your scheduled appointment?

4 hours ago, Artuicune said:

Seems like the early walk-in for the biometrics might be worth a try, which office did you go? Did they give you any trouble coming before your scheduled appointment?

250 Broadway in San Francisco, CA. It was no trouble. Staff are nice but strict about not using your phone there. I posted a review. https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=31772

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, ComboMeal said:

250 Broadway in San Francisco, CA. It was no trouble. Staff are nice but strict about not using your phone there. I posted a review. https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=31772

If you wanna do an early walk in what time  should you be there ? 8am? 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, julybunny said:

Finally heard back from USCIS with rejection due to the incorrect filing fee. Could someone double check my calculation is correct?

$1224: i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864

$535: i-130, i-130a

Also, would there be any difference in processing times if we pay the fees by check instead of credit card?

The first set is $1,225 (includes $85 biometric fee)

Timeline
4 minutes ago, julybunny said:

Oh oops sorry I meant $1225 for the first one!

Does $535 seem correct for i-130?

That's what I saw on google, but I'm not familiar with those filings.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.