AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
23 hours ago, Obllak said:

Hi folks! I'm the one running I-129F spreadsheet.

Feel free to ask questions!
I will also add these questions + answers to FAQ in Read Me sheet, so it will clarify to more people and I will try to make the spreadsheet more clear.

You are so famous is the k1 community. Thank you for the time you put into it. I really liked when you had the actual case numbers for each month. Can you bring that back? 

1 hour ago, Ngillet said:

You are so famous is the k1 community. Thank you for the time you put into it. I really liked when you had the actual case numbers for each month. Can you bring that back? 

Yes I would love to see this too if it's not too much trouble! Helps to know how the spread of the approvals is going :)

I found this document and it sheds some light as to why we are probably seeing a bump in productivity in processing. USCIS has ~1,400 more full time equivalent employees, and ~1,700 more overall employees in FY2023 compared to FY2022. 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/reports/U.S._Citizenship_and_Immigration_Services’_Budget_Overview_Document_for Fiscal_Year_2023.pdf 

1 hour ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

I found this document and it sheds some light as to why we are probably seeing a bump in productivity in processing. USCIS has ~1,400 more full time equivalent employees, and ~1,700 more overall employees in FY2023 compared to FY2022. 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/reports/U.S._Citizenship_and_Immigration_Services’_Budget_Overview_Document_for Fiscal_Year_2023.pdf 

Nice find. Look at this, the number of positions and the budget more than doubled

37E899B3-59EF-4ABF-A401-1F30B6C71AD6.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

Yeah it is exciting, and massive for them! I was looking for the 2023 Q1 data, and found that. Nice little prize in the meantime hahah

I wish they would finally post that Q1 data. I too have been looking for it. Good find.

1 hour ago, Quimat said:

I noticed only 59 cases were processed yesterday 😩. Still remaining hopeful for the rest of the week!

I think there was probably a reason for that that we don't know about. 50 a day would be about 250 a week and that's half of what they were doing even in December before the boost.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
1 minute ago, New Romantics said:

I think there was probably a reason for that that we don't know about. 50 a day would be about 250 a week and that's half of what they were doing even in December before the boost.

Yeah that’s why I said I am hopeful for the rest of the week, still 🙂.  I have no clue what goes on there and can’t imagine what it’s like to be a worker there trying to clear the backlog, but I’m human so naturally I get slightly bummed when I see a lower number of cases processed in a day than I’ve seen in a while. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.