AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Sou said:

Hi! My fiancé wants to do that too but he asked if there was some kind of template letter or something cause he doesn’t know what to write. Thank you!

There is no template. I voiced concerns about the 15+ month waiting period and backlog. Someone at your Senators office will read the note and respond. Essentially you just voice your concerns about the process and it taking a long time and impacting US citizens and their families, and ask them what their plan is. I received an email from both of my senator's aides and they have sent inquiries to USCIS about issues with their process and what they are doing about it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Lynxyonok said:

P.S. Here's how brutal RFEs can be. 4 cases in a row caught one.

2290011735 Case Was Received 10/28/21 1/12/23
2290011734 Additional RFE Sent 1/18/23 1/12/23
2290011733 Additional RFE Sent 1/18/23 1/12/23
2290011731 Additional RFE Sent 1/18/23 1/12/23
2290011730 Additional RFE Sent 1/19/23 1/12/23
2290011727 Case Was Received 10/28/21 1/12/23

About 2% and that's over the entire lifespan of 15+ months... where on Earth did you find 700 withdrawals?

thanks for your fact checked. without your knowledge we would´ve confused....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

There is no template. I voiced concerns about the 15+ month waiting period and backlog. Someone at your Senators office will read the note and respond. Essentially you just voice your concerns about the process and it taking a long time and impacting US citizens and their families, and ask them what their plan is. I received an email from both of my senator's aides and they have sent inquiries to USCIS about issues with their process and what they are doing about it.

Lucky you! What state?

My state is deep blue and both my Rep and Sen were useless 😐

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
4 minutes ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

Okay thank you

Timeline
2 minutes ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

And no response from them about what USCIS said? I am curious to see what USCIS tells them. 

I was told my case didn't qualify for an expedite. A very canned response.

Looking at the entire span of cases, many people give up after one failed expedite or two.

I made it to seven.

Oh wow. I'm not trying to expedite on an individual level, but I want senior officers in the USCIS to feel the pressure of Senators and Congressional Reps reaching out for status updates regularly. The more that Senators are annoyed by their constituents, the more they annoy USCIS. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

Oh wow. I'm not trying to expedite on an individual level, but I want senior officers in the USCIS to feel the pressure of Senators and Congressional Reps reaching out for status updates regularly. The more that Senators are annoyed by their constituents, the more they annoy USCIS. 

A letter to a Rep or Senator counts as an expedite even if not worded or intended as such.

1 minute ago, Naterson said:

I wrote my senators and rep last night, no response yet, but it falls in the not worded as an expedite request category.

I encourage everyone to write to their reps monthly. If they are being pestered by everyone in their state/district monthly, then they will turn up the heat. End of rant. 

13 hours ago, FromMexico W/Love said:

I encourage everyone to write to their reps monthly. If they are being pestered by everyone in their state/district monthly, then they will turn up the heat. End of rant. 

I second this. Fiance visa's are a tiny portion. We've got to raise our voices to be heard among the others.

Wrote to my senator today. Very easy to do and it was all online. Didn't take 5 mins. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hey @AndiB I think I saw some posts from you in the big K1 group. Are you compiling a weekly list? I was going to start a Master thread with weekly totals but I dont want to step on toes if you already have something going like what I have here:  

Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 10.55.18 AM.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.