mrev

January 2023 I-130 filers

169 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Jweldon08 said:

We filed January 12th and got our approval exactly 11 months to the day also! 

Ours was sent to NVC on December 15th, hoping to get our welcome letter soon! Anyone going NVC route had their welcome letter yet?

It looks like folks that had it routed Dec 14th and earlier got their welcome letter, but I'm still waiting for mine (also routed Dec 14th). Maybe there is a slowdown due to holidays. Also not sure how in order they go

Edited by RougePoppy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Is there anyone else still waiting for approval from USCIS? It looks like a lot of people here have had approvals. I'm still waiting PD January 26

25 minutes ago, Adraria said:

Is there anyone else still waiting for approval from USCIS? It looks like a lot of people here have had approvals. I'm still waiting PD January 26

Still waiting.

Priority Date 01/26/2023

California Service Center

Current status: Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You will be notified if you need to take any action.

Edited by 1004ron

My wife and I Naturalized in 2022

Processing an I-130 for my Korean Stepson who is older than 21 and not married

Received Date 01/26/2023
Priority Date 01/26/2023

California Service Center

Current status: Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You will be notified if you need to take any action.

On 12/30/2023 at 1:01 AM, RougePoppy said:

It looks like folks that had it routed Dec 14th and earlier got their welcome letter, but I'm still waiting for mine (also routed Dec 14th). Maybe there is a slowdown due to holidays. Also not sure how in order they go

Ah, makes me feel a little more at ease as it seemed everyone around my date had. Fingers crossed for us both it is today! 

Sorry to hear some of you are still waiting!

We were DQed just after Christmas, here's our timeline:

Submitted 6 Jan 2023 (Nebraska transferred to Texas)

Approved 7 Dec 2023

NVC welcome letter 12 Dec 2023

Docs submitted 19 Dec 2023
Documentarily Qualified 26 Dec 2023

Now just waiting on interview date in Dublin (and medical). Definitely nice to feel like things are moving along after all of the waiting. I hope you all get good news soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
7 hours ago, mrev said:

Sorry to hear some of you are still waiting!

We were DQed just after Christmas, here's our timeline:

Submitted 6 Jan 2023 (Nebraska transferred to Texas)

Approved 7 Dec 2023

NVC welcome letter 12 Dec 2023

Docs submitted 19 Dec 2023
Documentarily Qualified 26 Dec 2023

Now just waiting on interview date in Dublin (and medical). Definitely nice to feel like things are moving along after all of the waiting. I hope you all get good news soon!

Curious to see when Dublin gets back to you, that’s our embassy as well. Hoping it’s quick! We’re just a couple weeks behind you here. 

My understanding is it’s only the Mater private that does the medical exams - not sure if you’ve heard that as well? 

Edited by ak89
More info added

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

We were DQ this morning, too! Things seem to move quite quickly in the NVC stage.

Timeline:

January 17, 2023 - Priority Date

December 14, 2023 - USCIS approved

December 20, 2023 - NVC Welcome Letter received & paid fees

December 25, 2023 - Fees show as “PAID”

December 26, 2023 - Submitted AOS, DS-260, and all docs

January 2, 2024 - Documentarily Qualified

Now just waiting on the interview letter from the Phnom Penh (Cambodia) Embassy. I’m here in Cambodia for the next 12 days. Could we be so lucky to have it scheduled in the next week and a half? 🤪

Edited by bck86

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/7/2023 at 5:02 AM, illumined said:

I filed my I-130 for my wife (Cameroonian) on 01/27/23. It ended up in Nebraska. Isn't that one of the faster ones?

Hi, please has your wife's I-130 been approved yet? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/28/2023 at 9:12 AM, AK65 said:

I am US Citizen and filed I-130 for my wife on 17th Jan 2023 online. Got immediate payment receipt notice in email on same day from USCIS. It mentions Potomac as Service center in receipt and Estimated time until case decision as 5 months. Now it is showing 4 months now after 6 weeks back. Now for last 6 weeks USCIS case status just says "Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Sent". Other than this no further updates. Looks like USCIS have not started reviewing the CASE yet. Is this normal for no change in status for last 6 weeks? Anything I can do to find out details regarding case status and processing time required?

Hi, please has the USCIS approved your I-130 petition yet?

On 1/2/2024 at 7:10 PM, ak89 said:

Curious to see when Dublin gets back to you, that’s our embassy as well. Hoping it’s quick! We’re just a couple weeks behind you here. 

My understanding is it’s only the Mater private that does the medical exams - not sure if you’ve heard that as well? 

Yes, and I hear they're backed up/some folks are needing to do medicals after interviews.

My husband just filled a form requesting an appointment and they said they won't give him one until he has an interview date. So I suspect it may ultimately may be the medical rather than the interview that is the last step.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
14 minutes ago, mrev said:

Yes, and I hear they're backed up/some folks are needing to do medicals after interviews.

My husband just filled a form requesting an appointment and they said they won't give him one until he has an interview date. So I suspect it may ultimately may be the medical rather than the interview that is the last step.

Ugh that sucks. Yeah I’d heard that too, that it’s hard enough to get the exam before the interview which is ridiculous. I don’t think it adds a ton of time as my understanding is they issue the visa pretty quickly after they get the medical exam, but still. So annoying! My husband had been on an L1 and back then he was able to do his medical in Galway. Can’t believe it’s only in one hospital now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.