Artuicune

How to streamline AOS and EAD steps?

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, mari04 said:

Biotech job is not supermarket. Being a CEO of a biotech company, I can tell you that it is very hard to find qualified employees. 95% of the positions require at least college education. The lowest paid person in my company makes $75.. Median salary is $125k.  You cannot compare. Biotech or high tech jobs are not only in high demand but also very hard to qualify for due to highly specialized skill set. So the case is very strong. 

I am not sure where you got the impression I was comparing anything, I was making the comment that getting a job offer should be quick and easy. Biotech or otherwise.

What case is very strong?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I am not sure where you got the impression I was comparing anything, I was making the comment that getting a job offer should be quick and easy. Biotech or otherwise.

What case is very strong?

OP’s case

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Just now, mari04 said:

OP’s case

I assume you know something not posted in this thread.

Anyway hopefully the EAD will come through quick or OP is lucky. And hopefully the OP will let us know what happens.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 1/5/2023 at 6:02 AM, Artuicune said:

I appreciate your argument, and I am aware it is not at all airtight, but I do not know of alternatives. I could argue that there is also financial loss in it for the company that would be employing me, as they would lose a skilled worker of have to wait a long period in which they will be short an employee? If you have any further suggestions, they are very welcome.

This was more or less the basis for my expedite (timing details in signature). Although anecdotally it seems like many many more people are expediting since last March and USCIS are taking longer and being stricter.

09/15/21 - Sent packet via USPS to Chicago lockbox

09/22/21 - Priority date

09/26/21 - Text/email confirmation of receipt by USCIS

09/28/21 - Checks cashed by USCIS

09/30/21 - Received I-797C for I-485, I-765, I-131 and I-130 in mail

10/09/21 - USCIS online account updates to schedule biometrics

11/01/21 - Biometrics appointment (Brooklyn, NY)

11/04/21 - Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

02/14/22 - I-765 Expedite requested

02/24/22 - Expedite evidence sent

03/23/22 - EAD arrived in mail

05/06/22 - AP approved (expedited)

01/03/23 - RFE for I-693, case transferred to Boise, ID office

01/17/23 - I-485 approved

01/25/23 - GC arrived in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
19 hours ago, mari04 said:

You can expedite EAD based on the job offer. I would prepare AOS package as much as possible now. Get married immediately after arrival, get urgent marriage certificate, send the package along with EAD card. Once they issue NOA on the EAD, apply for expedite based on the job offer. This is absolutely 100% valid reason for the EAD expedite. You may actually make it for March deadline. 

Thanks for the encouragement! Does getting the marriage certificate always take that long then? I was not aware you could get it urgently.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Mike E said:

Our philosophy is to not lie (especially to federal employees) to obtain a benefit.  

You are seeing the pitfalls of K-1.  You knew that, or should have known  that.  There were no shortage of people here advising others to not go the K-1 route.  

Unfortunately, I did not read through this whole forum before deciding to go the K-1 route. If I had all this information at the time, we might have decided for marriage visa. It is what it is, now we can just try to use the hand we have dealt ourselves.

8 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

What in the world is “self-marry”?

In DC, you can self-officiate your wedding (as well in Colorado, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania apparently). 

8 hours ago, Boiler said:

Lawyer or not as always is a personal choice, your money, this is a DIY site but obviously there are situations where legal help is needed. This does not seem to be such a case. Be aware that Lawyers have staff and it would be odd for a Lawyer to deal with a simple case. Assuming you are comfortable dealing with the paperwork it will inevitably be quicker if you do it yourself, a Lawyer is not going to have it as their prime focus.

Thanks, that's very useful insight.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Yorkie62 said:

This was more or less the basis for my expedite (timing details in signature). Although anecdotally it seems like many many more people are expediting since last March and USCIS are taking longer and being stricter.

Good to know someone was successful with the same strategy.
Overall, seems like we will just do our best to compile a compelling case for USCIS to expedite the EAD, that's all we can do.

7 minutes ago, Artuicune said:

Thanks for the encouragement! Does getting the marriage certificate always take that long then? I was not aware you could get it urgently.

It’s different everywhere.  You need to check with the jurisdiction in which you will marry.   I have never heard of being able to expedite a marriage certificate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.