zata40

Emergency Visa?

9 posts in this topic

Hello everybody!

My Philippine wife is here in the US and her son just passed away. She would like to go home for a while. Her son is not my biological son, she had him before she met me.

She is here in the US. Her Philippine passport is expired. She just gave birth to our new son 3 weeks ago (this is our child together, not the child who passed away). We recently moved so her green card doesn’t reflect our current address.

She would like to take our 3 week old son with her, but we’re open to not doing that if it complicate things too much.

Is there some kind of emergency process she can go through to get home ASAP? How would we start?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Does she have a GC? If yes, she can just leave 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
23 minutes ago, zata40 said:

Yes she has a green card. It’s really that simple?

Yes. But she needs to have the Philippines passport renewed.

Contact Philippine Consulate nearest you. They have emergency services for situations like yours..

Very sorry for your loss.

https://filipiknow.net/can-i-still-travel-with-an-expired-passport/

For emergency travel to the Philippines due to hospitalization/death in the family or any medical/legal emergency, a travel document may be issued instead of passport renewal (which takes longer to process

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
3 hours ago, zata40 said:

Hello everybody!

My Philippine wife is here in the US and her son just passed away. She would like to go home for a while. Her son is not my biological son, she had him before she met me.

She is here in the US. Her Philippine passport is expired. She just gave birth to our new son 3 weeks ago (this is our child together, not the child who passed away). We recently moved so her green card doesn’t reflect our current address.

She would like to take our 3 week old son with her, but we’re open to not doing that if it complicate things too much.

Is there some kind of emergency process she can go through to get home ASAP? How would we start?

So sorry for the loss.

She can go with her green card and Passport from the Phillipinee. 

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
4 hours ago, zata40 said:

Yes she has a green card. It’s really that simple?

Not without a passport. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.