Gaps0214

Pending I-751 Transferred to NBC After Passing N400 Interview

29 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

Hi, thanks for your response! My i751 was transferred to NBC in September 2022 and till now, nothing happened. I was told by USCIS agent that i751 in NBC processing time is 32 months. My n400 is in NBC now waiting too. That is why I am concerned that i751 is slowing down my n400. People who have applied n400 later than me already got their interview. It is so frustrating. 

You know its really important to give as much information when you ask for the forum to share insight on your case.

I'm curious why your N-400 is in NBC, I understand that the N-400 should go to the local USCIS office nearest your residency state. Have you received a Notice of Action on your N-400? When did you get that? If not, how long has it been since you filed? Did you file online? or by hard document by mail?

I feel there is more to your story here.

Just now, Gaps0214 said:

You know its really important to give as much information when you ask for the forum to share insight on your case.

I'm curious why your N-400 is in NBC, I understand that the N-400 should go to the local USCIS office nearest your residency state. Have you received a Notice of Action on your N-400? When did you get that? If not, how long has it been since you filed? Did you file online? or by hard document by mail?

I feel there is more to your story here.

Hi, I don’t know why they transferred my n400 to NBC. I didn’t ask. I didn’t receive anything about n400 since I applied. I filed n400 in May 2022 online. 

1 minute ago, Tomalley said:

Hi, I don’t know why they transferred my n400 to NBC. I didn’t ask. I didn’t receive anything about n400 since I applied. I filed n400 in May 2022 online. 

That is frustrating. So sorry to read your update.

I'm assuming you have an online USCIS account? If not, create one. You can send a message to USCIS in that portal, use the reference number given by USCIS when you submitted your N-400 online, request for confirmation of receipt.

I'm concerned about that N-400 being filed in May 2022 and crickets from USCIS.

Hang in there.

8 minutes ago, Gaps0214 said:

I'm curious why your N-400 is in NBC, I understand that the N-400 should go to the local USCIS office nearest your residency state.

Because my understanding is it works like that:

- Service center sends the case to NBC

- NBC sends the case to local field office when it's ready to take it.

If local field office is busy, both I-751 and N-400 will sit in NBC for a while until local field office can take both cases for combo interview. That's the danger of filing N-400 when I-751 is pending. I-751 could have been resolved by service center without interview (potentially).

9 minutes ago, Gaps0214 said:

That is frustrating. So sorry to read your update.

I'm assuming you have an online USCIS account? If not, create one. You can send a message to USCIS in that portal, use the reference number given by USCIS when you submitted your N-400 online, request for confirmation of receipt.

I'm concerned about that N-400 being filed in May 2022 and crickets from USCIS.

Hang in there.

Hi, I did get the receipt for n400 but no update anymore. Can I ask why you are concerned for May filer? 

7 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Because my understanding is it works like that:

- Service center sends the case to NBC

- NBC sends the case to local field office when it's ready to take it.

If local field office is busy, both I-751 and N-400 will sit in NBC for a while until local field office can take both cases for combo interview. That's the danger of filing N-400 when I-751 is pending. I-751 could have been resolved by service center without interview (potentially).

Yes! That’s what I am feeling now. I feel both my cases got stuck in NBC now.

On 1/27/2023 at 9:33 AM, Tomalley said:

Hi, I did get the receipt for n400 but no update anymore. Can I ask why you are concerned for May filer? 

Yes! That’s what I am feeling now. I feel both my cases got stuck in NBC now.

I didn't mean there was anything negative about May 2022 filing. Sorry if that alarmed you.

So you did get a NOA, when did you get your NOA for the N-400? Has it been 120 days since?  If you looked closely - did they indicate a priority date for your case? It's in the top middle portion. 

Keep faith your  case is moving forward.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Gaps0214 said:

I didn't mean there was anything negative about May 2022 filing. Sorry if that alarmed you.

So you did get a NOA, when did you get your NOA for the N-400? Has it been 120 days since?  If you looked closely - did they indicate a priority date for your case? It's in the top middle portion. 

Keep faith your  case is moving forward.

Cheers

yes, it has been 120 days. I did get a NOA. It is almost 8 months now and nothing happened. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat. Did my N400 interview 4 days ago, and the officer conducted a combo interview first but my file hadn't been transferred so she couldn't adjudicate. Let's see how long I'll end up waiting for my I-751 to be transferred from LIN. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, phillyfiler13 said:

I'm in the same boat. Did my N400 interview 4 days ago, and the officer conducted a combo interview first but my file hadn't been transferred so she couldn't adjudicate. Let's see how long I'll end up waiting for my I-751 to be transferred from LIN. 

The officer conducted a combo interview without your I-751 records?  In our combo interview, our IO asked us specific questions regarding documents which wereonly in the I-751 file.   What is the official status of your N-400?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

3 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

The officer conducted a combo interview without your I-751 records?  In our combo interview, our IO asked us specific questions regarding documents which wereonly in the I-751 file.   What is the official status of your N-400?

I also find it strange. Combo means that IO would have had I-751 file. Looks like only N-400 was conducted to me.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 12/24/2022 at 12:10 AM, Gaps0214 said:

Its hard to make tails and ends of it nowadays.

Ive seen the other pending I-751 transferred to NBC threads and there are many explanations about why it happens, what I have not seen is a good explanation why USCIS processes allow for the N-400 to be processed ahead of an I-751 approval.

thanks for writing in.

cheers.

I guess we got lucky in one way.  Our joint I-751 had been sitting at MSC (NBC) with a status of "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" since May 2019 (filed in March 2019).  We never received notification that the I-751 had been transferred to local field office.  Filed N-400 in Aug 2022. Then,  3 months after my wife filed her N-400, she received a citizenship interview notice.  Then several days before her interview, we received an email from the field office stating it was mandatory for me to be there because it would be a combo interview.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

7 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

Yeah they did a combo interview first. They had the I-751 application on the computer but not the whole file, and I guess they didn’t have the evidence scanned. No idea 

Does anyone have any idea about NBC at overland park KS and NBC at lee summit MO. Are these two NBC one and the same thing? I am asking because my I751 is at NBC lee summit MO and N400 is at NBC overland park KS. They are 17 miles apart. Most people get i751 transferred after applying N400. I applied N400 on 23 jan 2023. Its been 27 days but my i751 status is still same. Nothing about transfer. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.