stag

What evidence is good for I-751?

49 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, beloved_dingo said:

Just reading through this thread and adding to this comment - before my husband got a U.S. driver's license, I went ahead and added him to my car insurance as a non-driver spouse. So his name still appeared when I printed out the declaration page but it made no change to the cost. I figured it didn't hurt to have as much as possible showing that we were married/spouses. That was for AOS, but still relevant and potentially useful for ROC when one spouse doesn't drive.

Here are some things we included in our ROC packet that may be helpful:

• Credit card statements for any joint credit cards and/or documentation your spouse is an authorized user
  • Copies of letters, cards, or invitations addressed to both spouses
  • Documentation of any joint memberships (gym, Costco, Amazon, etc.)
  • Documentation that you're both on the same mobile phone plan
  • A selection of photos throughout the marriage (in your case family photos with your child would be great)
  • Documentation of any trips taken together since marriage
  • Emergency contact sheet from employer/doctor/school/daycare, etc. (either showing you're each other's emergency contact, or you are both contacts for your child)
  • Healthcare Durable POA for each spouse (this is easy to draw up from templates online and good to have on hand anyway)

You would think adding your wife to car insurance is easy, but I've been dealing with the incompetent car insurance and they still can't add her to my car insurance! they say she's added but they send car insurance card with only my name. What can I do when there is so much incompetency. Yes I want her to be on my car insurance, but it seems these insurance companies have some severe IQ issues and cannot do it!!!

Removal of Conditions (I-751)
2/17/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/20/24: I-751 packet delivered

2/22/24: Receipt Number available on USCIS Portal

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

I-751 a force for good that forces couples to shop for insurers with better customer services. 

11 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I-751 a force for good that forces couples to shop for insurers with better customer services. 

so apparently the "Named Insured" is only my name but even though her name is not there, she is still covered because of how the policy works. I have to somehow get a document from insurance agent to list the actual drivers covered. This is just so moronic, why don't they put all the drivers covered on the insurance card or on some document. If the cop pulls her over, how does the cop know she's covered when it's just my name under "named insured". State Farm is absolute garbage!!!!

Removal of Conditions (I-751)
2/17/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/20/24: I-751 packet delivered

2/22/24: Receipt Number available on USCIS Portal

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
18 hours ago, stag said:

You would think adding your wife to car insurance is easy, but I've been dealing with the incompetent car insurance and they still can't add her to my car insurance! they say she's added but they send car insurance card with only my name. What can I do when there is so much incompetency. Yes I want her to be on my car insurance, but it seems these insurance companies have some severe IQ issues and cannot do it!!!

18 hours ago, stag said:

so apparently the "Named Insured" is only my name but even though her name is not there, she is still covered because of how the policy works. I have to somehow get a document from insurance agent to list the actual drivers covered. This is just so moronic, why don't they put all the drivers covered on the insurance card or on some document. If the cop pulls her over, how does the cop know she's covered when it's just my name under "named insured". State Farm is absolute garbage!!!!

It is the same way for Progressive - the actual insurance cards only show my name (but lists both vehicles we have), however the declaration page lists us both. So print out a couple of copies of the declaration page - one to use for ROC and one to keep in your car just in case your wife ever drives the vehicle. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.